SL Tribune Article with Steven P. and Susan website created by Josh

That lasted a week, they said, after Josh went out and spent $1,500 on a motor for his regular bicycle. All while he claimed there wasn't enough money for food and incidentals. His ride to work was five miles.

What a piece of work that guy is. There is a term that describes him, but I probably shouldn't use it here. But as a general description, it's a product women use to clean a certain part of themselves when they get that not-so-fresh feeling. It sounds kind of like juice tag.

Food and Provisions $15,
Food Storage $50,
Beds/Bedding $20,
Microwave $25,
Washer $37,
Dryer $25,
Sewing Machine $10,
Freezer and Refrigerator $10
Kitchen Table and Chairs $7,
Utensils, Cookware, Dishes, Pots/Pans $10
Folding Tables $10,
6 Chairs $20,
Chest of Drawers $5,
TV $13,
VCR $5,
Stereo $8,
4 Lamps $12,
2 Piece Livingroom furniture $60,
Vacuum Cleaner $33,
Computer $200,
Video Camera/Camcorder $5,
Radios $3
Books $25,
Musical Instruments used by family $18
Art Objects $60,
Prints and Pictures $30
Fine Jewelry 90.00
Records, Tapes, CDs 90.00
Art Produced by or depicting you or your family 5.00
1986 Yamaha Radiam Motorcycle; rusty and brown 50.00
Phones, Staplers, Pens, Paper, Shredder 100.00
Machinery, Fixtures, Tools Used in Business 1,150.00
Power and hand tools Not used in business 160.00
Animals. Animals 60.00
Health Aids (Wheel Chair, Special Beds, etc...) 120.00
Yard and Lawn Care Equipt 60.00
Videos $125, Dvd/CD/Mp3 Player $25,
Entertainment Center $50

One chest of drawers worth $5.00? Give me a break! I used to manage a thrift store and know for a fact you can get $50.00 for most any dresser unless it is falling apart!

What else on this list is absolutely preposterous? How could they even want to own a refrigerator and freezer that had a combined value of $10.00? They must have had to tape the doors shut with duct tape if they were in that bad shape!

What else on this list is outrageous, in your opinion?

Absolutely EVERYTHING on the list is preposterous!!! It is all one big lie. There is no way anything is accurate on the list, IMO.

The entertainment center alone would be worth hundreds of dollars and he knew it also. He was more concerned about the entertainment center getting out to the truck and be packed as gently as it possibly could. That was the only thing he cared about. He was very over protective of it and I highly doubt he would care much if it was only worth $50. That whole list is a big joke.

I wanted to quickly let you know that the guy we nicknamed "red coat" seen in one of the interviews with Josh, (walking in to his home after the interview with Josh) has been identified as Bro. Oreno. He is the first counselor in the Bishopric of the LDS ward that Josh belonged to. Josh asked him to go to the house with him because he didn't want to wade past the reporters alone.

What a piece of work that guy is. There is a term that describes him, but I probably shouldn't use it here. But as a general description, it's a product women use to clean a certain part of themselves when they get that not-so-fresh feeling. It sounds kind of like juice tag.

You mean douche bag?

I wanted to quickly let you know that the guy we nicknamed "red coat" seen in one of the interviews with Josh, (walking in to his home after the interview with Josh) has been identified as Bro. Oreno. He is the first counselor in the Bishopric of the LDS ward that Josh belonged to. Josh asked him to go to the house with him because he didn't want to wade past the reporters alone.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g22cLR_YwDU[/ame]​

I gotta say that this is bullhockey (I have much more colorful words here but will digress) that these LDS members even deign to protect or help Josh. He was not a member in standing before Susan went missing, was he? Did he reap benefits of their community because he strode back in to their flock due to necessity and was contrite? His children were nothing but pawns for his re-emergence into the LDS fold. IMO

Bah......you little fv#@*!&....you can run, but you cannot hide.

Answers in bold. I should clarify that I never met either Susan or Josh, they were not in WVC the week I was there. My wife lived and worked there for six months from April to September 2004.

Thank you for your information. If Susan did work at Fidelity as a stock broker, it would have been listed under Employment History.

We would all love it if you would answer some questions about Josh and Susan.

1.) What was your impression of him? I never met him. From my wife's description of him, via webchats, I thought he was a twat, and the kind of person I would take pains to avoid.

2.) Was he an incessant talker as described? My wife says yes, he talked a lot, and a lot about himself.

3.) Did your wife ever notice bruises on Susan? No.

4.) Did your wife report Susan seemed to be upset a lot, as though she had been crying? No, she was always extremely happy and cheerful.

5.) Did Susan ever complain to your wife about Josh? No. There was always a lot of affection shown on both sides.

6.) What did your wife think about Josh? He seemed overly self-confident and immature. She did not like spending time with him, and felt that he sometimes influenced those around him to be less mature than they were normally.

7.) Did either of you hear Josh call Susan names or yell at her? No, but she had witnessed Josh being amused when others were upset.

8.) Did Susan ever express fear of Josh? No.

9.) Was Susan constantly saying, "Oh Josh would never let me do that!" or "I would love to go but Josh wouldn't like it!" No.

10.) Did you or your wife like Josh? I never met him. My wife met him several times, but didn't enjoy or seek out his company.

11.) Have you ever thought perhaps Josh had a closeted drug or drinking problem? No, There was never any suggestion of a drink or drugs problem, nor have I seen any suggestion of a drink or drugs problem in this case until you asked this question.

12.) Do you know why Josh wouldn't allow Susan to use their home computer? My wife was unaware that any such restriction existed, if indeed it did exist at the time she knew them in 2004.

13.) Did you and/or your wife keep in touch with Susan after she started her new job with Wells Fargo? No, Susan was still working at Fidelity when my wife left WVC. My wife's relationship with Susan was as a friend of a friend and later work colleagues, and they did not keep in touch after my wife left WVC.

14.) Were you aware Josh was making Susan ride a bicycle to work? While she was working at Fidelity he wasn't.

15.) Did you or your wife ever entertain the idea that perhaps Josh was/is a closeted homosexual or bisexual? <My wife burts out laughing> No, I think that is a crazy idea.

16.) Did you or your wife ever wonder if Josh was molesting the Powell children? At the time my wife knew them the Powells' children had not been born.

17.) Did Susan ever complain to your wife that Josh was looking at *advertiser censored* on the Internet? No, Susan wouldn't have shared that kind of intimacy with my wife.

18.) Did your wife ever telephone the Powell residence to speak to Susan and Josh would not allow her to come to the phone or stated he would have her call her back but never gave Susan the message? My wife never telephoned the Powell residence.

Thanks, Bartleby, to you and your wife, for taking the time to give the answers to the questions.

I appreciate your insight. However, Josh DID sign that 31 page document and declared under the penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of Utah that the foregoing information was true and correct. So, he is still liable for allowing his attorney to submit fraudulent information to the court!

I can't believe that BEEP went and spent 1500 dollars on a bicycle motor rather than paying back Chuck and Judy Cox! He can get 80 grand worth of refrigerator magnets on credit but can't charge the money he owed them to get cash and pay them? Susan must have been constantly irritated with him! What an absolute IDIOT I think he is!

He and my Griswald skillet would have become good buddies---thus causing the behavior and self satifsfaction at the same time. I just can't fathom this guys thinking ---at all! I don't know how Susan put up with it....I really don't. . he would have me on the brink of nutty world. I absolutely do not see any clue of any sensible judgement in this man at ALLl. I'm sorry, but if this had been my daughter, I would have secretly "persuaded" him to get a girlfriend and leave...his "option"...ASAP; and have dealt with building my daughters self image back into perspective. I would think you could have psychologically grabbed him by the cajones and convinced him he should bow out graciously.

Doesn't the lawyer have an obligation to question these estimated amounts? It just doesn't seem right that a person could charge up so much debt, then claim he is unable to pay for it - and be able to keep every thing he has. If I am not mistaken, chapter 7 is when he does not have to pay back the creditors?

So is there any recourse to the creditors if they found that Josh lied on this? If his wife was not on the bankruptcy, but she was earning money (as some have suggested by working for Fidelity?)

Just what the hedes did he have to show for that amount of debt? NOTHING. What turn around did he get from the years invested in schooling? From the RE debacle....of the marketing concept of frig magnets. Maybe that is how the refrigerator door stayed on! Of the website marketing plan? What in the world does this man have to offer those two children in the way of the world? What "insight" does this have? The only thing he was good at was wearing a solid mask that no one could see through. They knew 'something' was not quite right, but had no idea how much damage control he was involved in. What constructive knowledge or help can he possibly give these children. How dreadful of a thought. For someone so self-absorbed he has no clue of himself.... what an insecure and striving person he is.

I found out that the college Josh attended was Washington State University in Seattle.

The source is not sure of his high school but believes it was in Spokane.

Washington State University in Seattle has a searchable degree verification data base and JOSH POWELL did NOT obtain a degree from Washington State University in Seattle. Click on this link below where you can search for Josh Powell, noting that searching for his brother, Michael Powell, brings results:
http://sdb.admin.washington.edu/sisDegreeValidation/Public/default.aspx

Perhaps you can ask your source if Josh really has a degree or if that claim is a bunch of nonsense.

One of my schizophrenic "study subjects" went to U of Penn and had to pass one final exam to graduate. He failed and had to return for that class a year later. Nope. Failed again. Third time a charm? Nope. Failed a third and final time. Ex--pen--sive. The parents paid the bill. The dude has much in common with Josh. Can't do anything right.

One of my schizophrenic "study subjects" went to U of Penn and had to pass one final exam to graduate. He failed and had to return for that class a year later. Nope. Failed again. Third time a charm? Nope. Failed a third and final time. Ex--pen--sive. The parents paid the bill. The dude has much in common with Josh. Can't do anything right.

Well I'd sure like to know where Josh got the degree in business he brags about on the web site he set up http://susanpowell.org and wonder why he didn't include the name of the college!

Washington State University in Seattle has a searchable degree data base and JOSH POWELL did NOT obtain a degree from this institution:
http://sdb.admin.washington.edu/sisDegreeValidation/Public/default.aspx

Perhaps you can ask your source if Josh really has a degree or if that claim is a bunch of nonsense.

That searchable database is for the University of Washington, NOT Washington State University. The two institutions are different.

Washington State University is in the Spokane area, not Seattle.

The University of Washington in Seattle is considered a better academic school than Washington State Univ. It would be similar to comparing the California State Colleges, (Universities) to the University of California System. Id est -- San Francisco State University to the University of California, Berkeley.

Interestingly, Michael Powell DID receive a degree from the U. of W.

Michael Craig Powell - first enrolled Winter 2008
- Bachelor of Arts (International Studies: Asia), earned June 12, 2009

Michael claimed he already had a University degree from study during his Army stint. I doubt that was true ... but he probably did get in 2-1/2 years of college credits. It took him another 1-1/2 years to earn a degree from the Univ. of Wash.

If he changed his academic field completely to earn a second B.A. degree it would have taken longer than a year and a half, (four University quarters)

"Lying" seems to be an integral characteristic of the Powell men - even when it makes no sense and isn't necessary. :loser:

moo

Well I'd sure like to know where Josh got the degree in business he brags about on the web site he set up http://susanpowell.org and wonder why he didn't include the name of the college!
Interesting question. I would also be curious if he had the nerve to make this claim on a job application, if it's not true, too. As far as websites go, I found that quite a few people don't include that unless it's part of an actual CV.

(bbm)

LOL, with claimed membership in an academic honors fraternity and Magna *advertiser censored* Laude graduation honors, there is absolutely no reason he wouldn't have proudly mentioned the name of his alma mater. There are no terrible, rummy universities in Washington.

My guess is that he didn't graduate from anywhere!

Again the Powells must have burning butts most of the time because their liar, liar pants are on fire so often. :loser: :D

(bbm)

LOL, with claimed membership in an academic honors fraternity and Magna *advertiser censored* Laude graduation honors, there is absolutely no reason he wouldn't have proudly mentioned the name of his alma mater. There are no terrible, rummy universities in Washington.

My guess is that he didn't graduate from anywhere!

Again the Powells must have burning butts most of the time because their liar, liar pants are on fire so often. :loser: :D

I wonder if Susan even knew it is a lie? I wonder if she believed he had a degree. More and more like Mark Hacking every day!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back