Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the grand jury, is RH in court to hear the testimony? is his lawyer? would his family (parents or wife) be allowed? or would it be only if they are asked to testify?

When the GJ decides so quickly, wouldn't his lawyer advise him to try and make a deal? My feeling is people are tired of hearing about parents killing their kids. Won't be any more Casey Anthonys.
All MOO

OMG just got home and heard the news.
YEA ..... Like PaperDoll said many of us thought
he premeditated his son's death. Thank you Gj.
Justice for little baby Cooper.

I have a question about the grand jury, is RH in court to hear the testimony? is his lawyer? would his family (parents or wife) be allowed? or would it be only if they are asked to testify?

When the GJ decides so quickly, wouldn't his lawyer advise him to try and make a deal? My feeling is people are tired of hearing about parents killing their kids. Won't be any more Casey Anthonys.
All MOO

bbm

Hope you're right rob.

My newest small detail is no small detail.

The grand jury decision to indict was interesting in that they charged him with greater charges than those that he was previously held on. There must have been pretty compelling evidence to make the GJ not only hit JRH with charges but up the stakes like that. JMO

^^^^ that.

All MOO

Just him. He can talk or plead the fifth. He's there to give his version of events under oath. He is not in the jury room when they talk to family, friends, co workers, LE and other witneses. You can't refuse an invite to the grand jury.

Yes, tlcya! Every time I read it, my skin crawls and I have to put down my device and walk away.

I remind myself, she is not a lost, bewildered wife, all alone in the world with no one protecting her. Her own handwriting clearly states she is a) under the advice and assistance of counsel and b) completed said form with LZ's help before he went to the media and released it.

uguhunum.jpg

This is the top of the form. The zoom-ins of the entire form are on LH's thread. Let me know if you think I should post them here too.

:stormingmad:

I wonder if she's going to throw RH under the bus.

When did LH visit the grand jury?

Just heard the news. YES!!! Great job, Cobb County grand jury! Need to read and catch up after dinner. This is great news!!!

I would love to know how LeAnna reacted to this news.

LH better find a job that pays well looks like she 's on the hook the bills

I would love to know how LeAnna reacted to this news.

me too but most of all I hope that NO MSM is at her front door -- best revenge would be to ignore her.

Truthfully though bet she was madder than a wet hen and not saying very ladylike things when she heard the news.

Guess she'd better take the first job that's offered those student loans don't pay themselves oh yeah and the double car payments too - oh dear.

These small details are what's got to be bugging her on a daily basis as well as the possibility of 'how does this bode for her - in terms of her involvement in the case'.

No kidding newone. :) She has some big decisions to make.

******ANOTHER baby died in a vehicle Wednesday.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2742965/Child-dead-vehicle-naval-air-station.html
Authorities have arrested the parent of the 15-month-old boy who died after being left inside a hot car.
John Junek, 40, of Leonardtown appeared in U.S. District Court in Greenbelt for arraignment on Thursday afternoon on a charge of involuntary manslaughter according to an NCIS official

The charge sheet also claims that Junek got back into his car :censored:
twice during the day - and still failed to notice that his young son was sill in the car.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service is investigating.

Just him. He can talk or plead the fifth. He's there to give his version of events under oath. He is not in the jury room when they talk to family, friends, co workers, LE and other witneses. You can't refuse an invite to the grand jury.

I served on a Grand Jury in NJ (1 day a week for 18 weeks) - and we never had the accused or anyone from the defense in the GJ room. The only people present was the Prosecutor and the court clerk, the GJ and the person testifying. The clerk records the questions from the prosecutor and the answers from each witness. Our GJ met in a private room at the prosecutors office, not the court room, and there was no judge. We averaged about 3 to 4 cases a day - and most cases did not take very long - maybe an hour or two.

Each case started with the Prosecutor explaining the charges and the law. Then we heard testimony from people such as the victim, LE and witnesses - but never the accused.Our Grand Jury could ask the witness questions, but the prosecutor verified them prior to the witness answering. Once the witness testimony was concluded, the recorder was shut off. We could ask the prosecutor questions about the law if we had them, and we could discuss the case amongst ourselves (only inside the room), but our discussions were not recorded.

Then we voted on whether or not probable cause for LE to get involved with the accused was met, and then if it was more than likely that the accused did what they were charged with. We did not determine guilt or innocence, rather, based upon the testimony presented, was it more than likely they committed the offense, and that this case should go to trial (indict). Our GJ (about 18 people) voted; no bill= no, or true bill=yes immediately following each case, and there was a certain number of Yes, true bill votes required to move forward to trial (I forget the actual number, so I'll guess and suggest that 2/3 of the GJ must vote yes).

For those that claim a Prosecutor could get a GJ to indict a ham sandwich - I recall that our grand jury no billed many cases.

I served on a Grand Jury in NJ (1 day a week for 18 weeks) - and we never had the accused or anyone from the defense in the GJ room. The only people present was the Prosecutor and the court clerk, the GJ and the person testifying. The clerk records the questions from the prosecutor and the answers from each witness. Our GJ met in a private room at the prosecutors office, not the court room, and there was no judge. We averaged about 3 to 4 cases a day - and most cases did not take very long - maybe an hour or two.

Each case started with the Prosecutor explaining the charges and the law. Then we heard testimony from people such as the victim, LE and witnesses - but never the accused.Our Grand Jury could ask the witness questions, but the prosecutor verified them prior to the witness answering. Once the witness testimony was concluded, the recorder was shut off. We could ask the prosecutor questions about the law if we had them, and we could discuss the case amongst ourselves (only inside the room), but our discussions were not recorded.

Then we voted on whether or not probable cause for LE to get involved with the accused was met, and then if it was more than likely that the accused did what they were charged with. We did not determine guilt or innocence, rather, based upon the testimony presented, was it more than likely they committed the offense, and that this case should go to trial (indict). Our GJ (about 18 people) voted; no bill= no, or true bill=yes immediately following each case, and there was a certain number of Yes, true bill votes required to move forward to trial (I forget the actual number, so I'll guess and suggest that 2/3 of the GJ must vote yes).

For those that claim a Prosecutor could get a GJ to indict a ham sandwich - I recall that our grand jury no billed many cases.

Such an informative post. Thank you.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-***-NO-DISCUSSION***&p=10931507#post10931507

Bringing this post over from CarolinaMoon from the media thread.

The trouble is, you need to be a subscriber! All the article has for general viewing is this:

Several times a week, Leanna Harris visits the grave of her son, Cooper. She lays down a blanket, settles herself on it, and waits for a phone call from her husband, Ross, who is in a Cobb County jail.

I find this so macabre.

Yet we are to believe, according to her attorney, that LH is being harassed constantly by the media and thats why she can't go back to work.

But no pictures are being published of this 'laying on a blanket next to Cooper's grave talking on the phone to her leader husband'?

Yeah, right :rolleyes:

Leanna either doesn't care or has no one helping her when it comes to PR. Why mention anything about Ross to the media? I just don't get reemphasizing to the public that you still support your husband, when that is a big reason why people suspect you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard