Smiles Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.
123095163_10221543673492584_5143237840386319725_n.jpg

This is wonderful! Look at the photos--squee!

I can't figure out how she attracted only one chipmunk. At our house, we'd have chipmunks and squirrels fighting over the food.

Food writer opened a restaurant during the pandemic — for a chipmunk

Thelonious Munk showed up at the table on the first day she put it out, ready to dine.

Angela Hansberger, a food writer from Tucker, Georgia, missed going to restaurants as part of her job after the pandemic hit. But when her uncle sent her a tiny picnic table, a customer immediately showed up and suddenly she was in the restaurant business herself, playing host to a hungry chipmunk.
[...]
People have had a strong reaction to Hansberger's Instagram posts about the fine-dining chipmunk. As the pandemic carried on, her table service became increasingly elaborate. She's made everything from tiny "sushi" to a down-home "nut burger" night for Thelonious, and documented it all for people to enjoy.
(more at link, including photos)

chipmunk-te-inline3-201026_a208e82f547d4602f0cbf4612cc9feb8.fit-760w.jpg

Meet Thelonious Munk, the chipmunk with a taste for the finer things in life.
Courtesy Angela Hansberger

This is wonderful! Look at the photos--squee!

I can't figure out how she attracted only one chipmunk. At our house, we'd have chipmunks and squirrels fighting over the food.

Food writer opened a restaurant during the pandemic — for a chipmunk

Thelonious Munk showed up at the table on the first day she put it out, ready to dine.

Angela Hansberger, a food writer from Tucker, Georgia, missed going to restaurants as part of her job after the pandemic hit. But when her uncle sent her a tiny picnic table, a customer immediately showed up and suddenly she was in the restaurant business herself, playing host to a hungry chipmunk.
[...]
People have had a strong reaction to Hansberger's Instagram posts about the fine-dining chipmunk. As the pandemic carried on, her table service became increasingly elaborate. She's made everything from tiny "sushi" to a down-home "nut burger" night for Thelonious, and documented it all for people to enjoy.
(more at link, including photos)

chipmunk-te-inline3-201026_a208e82f547d4602f0cbf4612cc9feb8.fit-760w.jpg

Meet Thelonious Munk, the chipmunk with a taste for the finer things in life.
Courtesy Angela Hansberger
Maybe I should do this for the hawk that has taken up residence in my oak tree. I'm sure he's the reason the squirrels are no longer around to annoy me.

anneg, thank you for sharing the chipmunk tale. So cute :) During the winter, I buy bags of whole walnuts (in shell) and set them out on the deck for the squirrels. Sometimes they eat the nuts on the deck - usually perched on the railing, and at other times, they scamper away to hide the nuts for future meals. Squirrels are really quite amusing to watch.

Maybe I should do this for the hawk that has taken up residence in my oak tree. I'm sure he's the reason the squirrels are no longer around to annoy me.

Is he there for the birds or chipmunks now that the squirrels are gone?

I haven't seen one squirrel here... I used to watch 2 or 3 of them playing around our pine tree back in California. I sure miss watching those guys! :)

Is he there for the birds or chipmunks now that the squirrels are gone?
There’s no chipmunks in SWFL so I’m not sure. I’m going to guess field mice? Maybe snakes? My yard backs up to a wetland area with a pond. It is Coca Cola’s property. It’s has an 8’ chain link fence with barbed wire. I see raccoons, possums, stray cats, etc back there.

This area is also a bird preserve so you’re not permitted to do anything to eradicate the birds. The birds don’t bother me at all. It was the squirrels crawling on my screens, the roof, etc. Rats with tails that are dirty and nasty. I’m glad they’ve moved on however it happened.

Apparently it was a rough day at work or maybe just a rough day adulting at 27. I'm not sure but I can totally relate.

Text from Kid #1: Well, tomorrow is going to be the first full day of this period cycle and it's also Election Day. So the chances of me committing homicide have never been so high and I just want you to know that.

Text from Me: Ok, I'm sorry I don't have any bail money but can I still be your 1st phone call?

Text from Kid #1: Yes honestly you can just leave me in jail, it's fine.

Text from Me: You'll be safer that way.

Text from Kid #1: Everyone will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads