Sniff tests, hair decomp, really so conclusive? Fence sitters thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the first link I only saw the Orlando sentinel saying that the FBI had found chloroform in the trunk (but not what amount, etc, like we were discussing). I couldn't open the second link. But if anyone can find a link where an FBI spokesperson or legal authority is actually saying that large amounts of chloroform were discovered and that they definitely could not have resulted from forensics work or from urine/chlorine mixture, etc, please post it here. (There's a lot of discussion about this on the previous pages of this thread.)

http://www.wesh.com/news/17397494/detail.html

Expert Deems Possible Chloroform Discovery Significant

Chemist Jeff Flowers, who has testified in state and federal court as an expert, said positive tests for vaporized chloroform mean those results could not have come from anything else -- not cleaning products, not human body fluids or a mixture of anything else.

Flowers said it had to have been pure chloroform, WESH 2's Bob Kealing reported.

"It could not have come from a chemical reaction in the trunk. It's impossible," Flowers said.

Flowers said chloroform can be found in very small amounts in everyday liquid cleaning products. But, he said, chloroform cannot vaporize or get in to the air unless large amounts of it are present.

"That solvent could knock out the driver of the car. It's a very dangerous thing to have that material in your car," Flowers said.

seagull65,

Could you please give a legit reason for defending Casey so profoundly? Do you have another theory and if so could you give your theory? Also, why are you so defensive against LE? Is is past experience or just this particular case?

Thanks

thanks for this, is this a coloration band within the shaft of the hair or something to do with the follicle around the root of the hair? Was this part of the leak from the University of Tennessee that did some of the forensics? thanks for any link to this information. I heard one expert on TV saying that you can't tell the difference, that hair that the person lost while alive would appear the same as hair that decomposed with the body and then became detached. But I don't know who that expert was.

If Casey is charged with murder I imagine we'll be hearing experts on both sides.

Dear Seagull,

Thank you for starting this thread... . It's not easy coming to a big board like this and posting a position that is very much in the minority.

Please, everyone do not JUMP on people because they have a different opinion. This case is the most emotional case I have ever seen.

I will start timing people out for a couple of weeks, right off the bat, if I read any more rude posts. On both sides.

Please understand the moderators and I do not like being the heavies here. But we have got to allow a difference of opinion as long as it is within TOS.

End of story.
Thank you again Seagull.

Tricia

Thank you, JBean. Oh, they have done both of those things many times already. But I've never hit an alert button on anyone before and just don't do it. I just leave the board before doing that, it's not worth it. If the moderators of a website care they can easily see what certain people are doing repeatedly on the threads to other users. These posters are continually off topic on this thread. But what can you do? Anyway, onward....

Please Seagull, you HAVE to hit the Alert button. We are getting around 9 thousand posts A DAY and we have 5 moderators. There is no way for us to "see" what posters are doing.

This is the first time I have had a chance to be on this thread. When I read the first couple of pages I thought it looked like all was well so I skipped around and found your post.

If you don't hit the Alert we can't stop it.

Thanks,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members