SoCal Earthquakes

Any of this related to the reports on Kyron Horman Scanner thread #6 (Oregon) of a "broken road," and posts questioning a possible water main break or sink hole?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108591&page=3

ETA answer to my own question: No.

http://www.kptv.com/traffic/24176212/detail.html
A water main break stopped traffic along McLoughlin Boulevard on Wednesday afternoon.

Portland Water Bureau officials said a car hit a fire hydrant at Umatilla Street and McLoughlin Boulevard and burst a 12-inch cast-iron pipe.

I hope all my fellow So Cal Sleuthers are safe! Hang on tight, it's going to be a bumpy night.:blowkiss::HBwhiteflag:

Wow, this was a smooth earthquake. It really was. I didn't hear a thing but I felt it. Short and light.. lol.. I was surprised it was a 5.4 or whatever it was, felt smaller. Hum :waitasec:

Wow, this was a smooth earthquake. It really was. I didn't hear a thing but I felt it. Short and light.. lol.. I was surprised it was a 5.4 or whatever it was, felt smaller. Hum :waitasec:

It wasn't short or light here. Actually very bumpy as opposed to the Calexico quake a couple of months ago. And rather scary (though in the end, we had no damage).

Maybe I was just a lot closer (I'm in the valley next to epicenter) or maybe my house sits on a different type of soil...

It wasn't short or light here. Actually very bumpy as opposed to the Calexico quake a couple of months ago. And rather scary (though in the end, we had no damage).

Maybe I was just a lot closer (I'm in the valley next to epicenter) or maybe my house sits on a different type of soil...

Wow ... you're lucky!!! I live closer to the border ... in El Centro. So a 5.3 isn't even that big a deal for us anymore ... not after that 7.2 on Easter!! We're STILL cleaning up from that.

What Calexico quake? None of the big earthquakes have actually been centered in Calexico. They are either south of the border near Mexicali, in Ocotillo ... and some in Seeley.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back