Someone, Somewhere knows

Solace said:
Yes she did NP. Is this not incredulous that they got away with this. Every single time, every time, John Ramsey is asked why he hired attorneys so quickly, he always says "it was not just attorneys, we were assembling the best detectives in the country". And NOT ONE INTERVIEWER pressed on. Not one. :confused:

But don't you think they would have gone public by now? even with rules set at the time of the nterview??

JMO8778 said:
eeekkkkkk..that is weird !! ..and after her death at that ! I have a difficult time believing she had post-traumatic stress disorder.
Maybe she was subconsiously confessing?

narlacat said:
Maybe she was subconsiously confessing?

Apparently PR said at one point, "We didn't mean for this to happen," and, not long before her own death,
"Some things in life you just can't take back."

Probably referring to her part in the scenario, whatever that may have been.

I can't really take credit for the word Message, re the RN. Wish I had thought of it but truth is I didn't have that specific word in mind and you must have me partly mixed up with someone else. Can't remember which thread that's in, either, or I'd reply there.

"It was a Message killing" would be a good sentence but actually wasn't mine.

Nehemiah said:
Can you source that so I may read it? Thanks.
[correction on my prior post: I just saw that John did not speak about the church the Ramseys belonged to, but if he and Patsy would be denied access to a church if they were murderers.]

Nehemiah, this is from Why Nut's post on Forums For Justice, June 2006, thread "The Ramseys' own words":
(WHY NUT): In my opinion, one of the finest flirtings with confession came with this exchange on the Christian Broadcasting Network in 2000:

SCOTT: The bottom line, below the bottom line, people will ask me, "O.K., you've come out of this, confidentially, what do you think? There is also a side not only as a journalist, but being an ordained minister in the church, to say to other pastors, if they ask me, "Would you recommend to let these people come to my church?"

JOHN: Let me ask you this? What if we were murderers? Would we be denied access to a church? I hope not.

PATSY: That's the people who need to be there. Aren't we "preaching to the choir" as they say.

SCOTT: Well, they still say that.

JOHN: That is a problem we Christians have in our churches.

PATSY: We need to welcome everyone.

I mean, really. Come on. There is not a single innocent parent on earth who has ever experienced the death of their child and then had the gumption to say, "What if I did murder my child?" That is a statement which is always meant to probe the interviewer, to push at their boundaries and soften them up to the concept that yes, the person in front of them may, in fact, have killed their own child. Innocent, upstanding, moral people, people who are repulsed by the committing of murder, DO NOT spend a moment of time idly wondering what it would like to be killers of their own children.
I too think that this comes pretty close to a confession.

Eagle1 said:
Apparently PR said at one point, "We didn't mean for this to happen," and, not long before her own death,
"Some things in life you just can't take back."

Probably referring to her part in the scenario, whatever that may have been.
I read that too. The comment about "we didn't mean for this to happen" Was to Pam Griffin. Her seamstress for JonBenet's outfits who had a daughter who was mentoring JonBenet in Pageants. Do you remember offhand Eagle 1 who she made the "some things in life you just can't take back" was made to? Just curious.

And, then there's "we need to talk."

I'm not sure if I'm remembering this right, but if I have, when Patsy was asked what she would have to say to JonBenet, that was her response. "We need to talk..."

Priscilla White told Patsy (according to Patsy) that she knew what was going on and if Patsy would give her some time to discuss then she could fill her in.

Perhaps Priscilla knew something about what happened to JonBenet or she might have just been expressing her thoughts about the the stress and reactions of her husband at the time. Patsy replied to her that how could Priscilla know when Patsy the mother didn't know anything. That was in DOI and deposition.

There's a bunch of he said/she said and interpretation. If Patsy took Priscilla's comment out of context, then I can understand the reaction by the Whites. Somebody termed it throwing their friends under the bus.

On the other hand.... those weird reactions make me wonder. Numerous letters, arguments, and witnesses that don't deny it. To me it's an either/or. Somebody knows something.

Interesting.

Colaradocares, I'm not absolutely positive where PR said "Some things in life we just can't take back," assuming she wasn't being misquoted, but I think it was just before she went into a coma and died, at her father's house. Can't remember where I heard that. On some forum, I'm sure.

"We didn't mean for this to happen",was in one of the books I have, either ST or PMPT, pretty early in the book, maybe by about pg 36. Maybe she really did know everything PW knew, and then some, and was just trying to shut PW up, afraid she'd say too much? I've always had the gut feeling that some or all of the friends were involved in whatever was going on. It's understandable that everybody would be a just a tad edgy about the outcome, calling attention to whatever it was they were up to. Maybe all or nearly all of them. I don't think it was just the Rs' suspecting everybody. I would too if it were my child. Wouldn't you?

Eagle1 said:
Interesting.

I don't think it was just the Rs' suspecting everybody. I would too if it were my child. Wouldn't you?

I cannot say for sure, Lord knows I hope to never find out, but my gut tells me I wouldn't dream of it. :confused: :confused:

Eagle1 said:
Interesting.

Colaradocares, I'm not absolutely positive where PR said "Some things in life we just can't take back," assuming she wasn't being misquoted, but I think it was just before she went into a coma and died, at her father's house. Can't remember where I heard that. On some forum, I'm sure.

"We didn't mean for this to happen",was in one of the books I have, either ST or PMPT, pretty early in the book, maybe by about pg 36. Maybe she really did know everything PW knew, and then some, and was just trying to shut PW up, afraid she'd say too much? I've always had the gut feeling that some or all of the friends were involved in whatever was going on. It's understandable that everybody would be a just a tad edgy about the outcome, calling attention to whatever it was they were up to. Maybe all or nearly all of them. I don't think it was just the Rs' suspecting everybody. I would too if it were my child. Wouldn't you?

eagle 1 It was Pam Griffin she said that to about not meaning for this to happen. As to the statement made before death. Thank you for giving me your best recollection. I appreciate that.

Rupert said:
Priscilla White told Patsy (according to Patsy) that she knew what was going on and if Patsy would give her some time to discuss then she could fill her in.

Perhaps Priscilla knew something about what happened to JonBenet or she might have just been expressing her thoughts about the the stress and reactions of her husband at the time. Patsy replied to her that how could Priscilla know when Patsy the mother didn't know anything. That was in DOI and deposition.

There's a bunch of he said/she said and interpretation. If Patsy took Priscilla's comment out of context, then I can understand the reaction by the Whites. Somebody termed it throwing their friends under the bus.

On the other hand.... those weird reactions make me wonder. Numerous letters, arguments, and witnesses that don't deny it. To me it's an either/or. Somebody knows something.
The housekeeper says PR told lies about her.It wouldn't surprise me if PR twisted everyone's words to fit what she wanted.That goes for JR as well,for ex., the Jeff Merrick situation.I suspect he lied on FW and PW as well.

It really just burns my butt that these two just wandered around and made getting away with murder look like child's play!
The pure evil that it takes to try to implicate your friends to protect your reputation is astounding.
To me, John sounds like the worst one. But Patsy is a close second.

Brefie said:
It really just burns my butt that these two just wandered around and made getting away with murder look like child's play!
The pure evil that it takes to try to implicate your friends to protect your reputation is astounding.
To me, John sounds like the worst one. But Patsy is a close second.
Me too,and they had the nerve to whineeeeeee in DOI.:rolleyes:
They get out of immediately being interrogated by hiding behind others and saying..." but..but...we're in no condition to be .." ...and " just look at poor poooor Patsy...can't you see she's in no shape.." (to be bothered right now???).Like anybody who's ever lost a child is in any better condition than they were??? Most get interrogated ASAP, as they should be.If they aren't guilty, then at the least they can be of some help.There isn't any excuse for them not being q'd separately and immediately.
I can be pretty tough for a woman I'm told,so I'd have said, "NOBODY is in good shape after losing a child,nonetheless,WE NEED YOUR HELP.NOW STOP WHINING AND GET YOUR BUTTS DOWN TO POLICE HEADQUARTERS ASAP!!!"
If that sounds mean,it isn't.It's just that,guilty or not,they could have been of some help,and they should have been treated like any other suspects and been forced to do things by the book.Whiningggggg has no place in that situation and shouldn't have been tolerated for a second.I'm sure that Dr.Beuf Goof knew that as well.What his problem was,who knows.I can't help but think he knew more about what was going on and /or was paid to be so highly unprofessional,as it definitely was that! It's obvious to me that JR took him aside at some point,before police asked them to come to LE HQ.
LE shouldn't have tolerated Dr B Goof's excuses for a second.Nor JR's either.

Eagle1 said:
Interesting.

No,what they did went far beyond that.They were so desperate to appear innocent they tried to pin it on ppl whom they knew couldn't have possibly been involved.Big difference.

JMO8778 said:
Me too,and they had the nerve to whineeeeeee in DOI.:rolleyes:
They get out of immediately being interrogated by hiding behind others and saying..." but..but...we're in no condition to be .." ...and " just look at poor poooor Patsy...can't you see she's in no shape.." (to be bothered right now???).Like anybody who's ever lost a child is in any better condition than they were??? .
They remind me of Thurston Howell III and Lovey on Gilligan's Island.

narlacat said:
Nope.

I don't know if any family members know...but Burke would have to...surely he has worked it out for himself over the years.
I, too, think Burke knows (or at least suspects) a heckuva lot more than he has let on. As a young man, Burke has claimed to not remember much, if anything, at all about that night. I don't really buy that....I think it's more of a good one-liner to use as a shield against a deluge of questions.

Daisy said:
I, too, think Burke knows (or at least suspects) ....I think it's more of a good one-liner to use as a shield against a deluge of questions.
Like father, like son!

I don't buy it either. Even if his memory is fuzzy, you can't tell me that he hasn't ever curiously looked up sites like this one on the Internet and put things together that are inconsistent.

Ivy2 said:
Like father, like son!

I don't buy it either. Even if his memory is fuzzy, you can't tell me that he hasn't ever curiously looked up sites like this one on the Internet and put things together that are inconsistent.
I can't help but wonder why he wasn't afraid.I'd have been terrified if a sibling was killed in my own home.What on earth did they tell Burke that caused him not to be afraid?Or was it that he witnessed something(s) but repressed the memories,theyby not remembering what all happened,but subconciously beleiving he was safe???
I don't think he's at an age where he can handle the truth right now.I have a feeling when he gets to be middle-aged or so,(esp. once JR passes on and he can be more objective),he'll be scratching his head going..."..hey....wait a minute now...".:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back