Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell dead at 52 (wrongful death charges against Dr. Robert Koblin) 2017

Didn't Eddie have an obligation in another country? A concert, i mean? Seems he did a tribute song for Chris at one of his engagements immediately following news of Chris' death. I can't imagine what must be going thru his mind being call-out by his friend's MIL. Weird.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Yes he's on a solo tour right now. His first show was Saturday.

Didn't Eddie have an obligation in another country? A concert, i mean? Seems he did a tribute song for Chris at one of his engagements immediately following news of Chris' death. I can't imagine what must be going thru his mind being call-out by his friend's MIL. Weird.

I thought I had read EV had a scheduled concert or tour out of the country as well.

I don't know what all the drama is about with EV or CC's MIL , but we have to remember the media is the media and the same goes for SM. With suicide the grieving process and the stages of grief can be much different. The strong possibility that a drug relapse may have played a significant role into CC's suicide is a double whammy. IMO his family and friends are having an extremely difficult time dealing with the loss of CC and a relapse. That's probably where the blaming, pointing fingers and lashing out is coming from. Maybe EV has stayed away with the best interest of CC's kids in mind. Maybe he knew it would only add more heartache and pain and knew nothing good would come from being there. Until I know otherwise, I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. MOO

Well, it's very distasteful to read those tweets from the MIL. It's like trying to own his legacy, but maybe it's a stage of her grief.

I still find it questionable that Chris decided to do this and feel there's control on what we've been told, but that's JMO.

Also, as a side note, I found it puzzling why none of his five siblings or his own real mother's reactions to his death weren't mentioned. Is she still alive? Do we not honor her grief? As far as I know, only the one brother attended the memorial. Was Chris estranged from his own Mother and siblings? It seemed odd that only his wife, her mother, and his children were mentioned as family in every single article. MOO, it's as though he didn't have a family before her.

Did Chris just suddenly decide to end his life so soon after the show and taking an only one extra Ativan? It seems for now we must rely on what his wife shared with the media. I expected to hear more from his actual band mates in hopes they'd share some details like if they knew whether he was using again, and their take on his emotional state. I thought I was okay with the media explanation, but find myself wondering -- What is the truth?

Well, it's very distasteful to read those tweets from the MIL. It's like trying to own his legacy, but maybe it's a stage of her grief.

I still find it questionable that Chris decided to do this and feel there's control on what we've been told, but that's JMO.

Also, as a side note, I found it puzzling why none of his five siblings or his own real mother's reactions to his death weren't mentioned. Is she still alive? Do we not honor her grief? As far as I know, only the one brother attended the memorial. Was Chris estranged from his own Mother and siblings? It seemed odd that only his wife, her mother, and his children were mentioned as family in every single article. MOO, it's as though he didn't have a family before her.

Did Chris just suddenly decide to end his life so soon after the show and taking an only one extra Ativan? It seems for now we must rely on what his wife shared with the media. I expected to hear more from his actual band mates in hopes they'd share some details like if they knew whether he was using again, and their take on his emotional state. I thought I was okay with the media explanation, but find myself wondering -- What is the truth?

Regarding the BBM above: Chris posted on Mother's Day to his wife and to her mother; no mention of his mom. I don't know the back story there, although I do recall his saying in an interview that he didn't have the greatest of childhoods.

I've read some things here and there about Chris Cornell's mother. I gather the relationship was not a good one.

May just be me, but he looked awfully unhappy in the last couple of years. Previous, he carried more weight, seemed happier, healthier. He just didnt look like himself during this last year. He looked unhealthy, drawn, tired. He looked older than his age.

Here is what the sound guy who's worked with him for 10 years said however note the source is from TMZ so who knows...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/so...-seemed-high-and-fked-up-during-last-concert/

I did find mention of his bio Mom in some Seattle articles connecting her to Chris. I also found a business site of hers. Yet, there wasn't any statement from her or his siblings about his death. I'm wondering if he disowned them or what.

His wife is the last one who talked to Chris. The body guard is the last one who saw Chris, and supposedly the body guard gave him the "fast-acting" Ativan. I think there's got to be more to this story than just an extra Ativan or two only 30-45 minutes before he's found dead.

Here is what the sound guy who's worked with him for 10 years said however note the source is from TMZ so who knows...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/so...do we know someone didn't slip him something?

I came across a picture from the funeral where someone had pointed out Chris's Mom and one of his sisters sitting behind Chris's ex, Susan Silver. There may have been another brother sitting with them as well. Chris's brother Peter left a touching post about Chris on his band's (Peter was also a musician) FB page. https://www.facebook.com/petercornellmusic/

Regarding the BBM above: Chris posted on Mother's Day to his wife and to her mother; no mention of his mom. I don't know the back story there, although I do recall his saying in an interview that he didn't have the greatest of childhoods.

Just jumping off your mention of Mother's Day. Something else I found odd about Mother's Day was Chris's MIL posted a card on Twitter that Chris had given her . The message in the card said "...sorry I couldn't be there". But, then we have VC saying that Chris was with them over the Mother's Day weekend and was with them until he flew to Detroit on Wednesday. And, at some point we have Chris (per VC) walking around the streets on New York wearing a t-shirt with no visible track marks on Tuesday, but the MIL tweeting about how they were newly decorating their home right up until Chris left for Detroit.

Weirdness.

Thank You bornofposeidon for both your above posts. Any chance you remember where you saw that pic of his Mom at the memorial? His brother Peter's touching post and the picture of when they were young brought tears to my eyes.

Ah-ha, I think you get what's been bothering me about the shifting facts and conflicting stories of Mother's Day, and what seems to me the attempts to control what the public hears and believes.

Yes, weirdness. :shakehead:

Not that it will lessen my devastation, but maybe it will help stop my head from spinning 24/7 trying to make sense out of what happened that night. There is so much weirdness and what appears to be some contradictions involving the info that's been provided so far...
1. Soundgarden performed concerts on May 12, 13 and 14 so how was Chris able to fly home in time to spend Mother's Day with his family?
2. Chris was an intelligent guy and I would think fairly tech savvy so why would he need his bodyguard to fix a problem with his computer instead of doing it himself?
3. I think the highest dosage of Ativan in tablet form is 2 mg so Chris would've only taken an additional 4 mg which shouldn't have been enough to make his speech slurred in only 5 minutes.
4. I'm not really buying the bodyguard kicking/busting down Chris's hotel room doors either. A couple of years ago my oldest son attempted suicide by overdosing on klonopin. Six deputies, all fairly buff and in great shape, tried to bust down my son's hotel room door but were unsuccessful and ended up having to use a chainsaw to cut the door out so they could get to him. I would figure the MGM Grand was built with better quality materials than the Econolodge which would make it even more difficult to bust through/kick down the doors. I also don't understand, since time was of the essence, why the bodyguard called security again requesting them to open the second set of doors after they refused to open the first set instead of just busting through them. Was their any other proof, aside from his bodyguard saying so, that the hotel room doors were locked from the inside?
5. In an espn interview on staying fit back in 2013 when asked about working out while on the road Chris commented.. "At this point, I'm performing three shows in a row for more than two hours at a time and then I'd get a day off. That is my workout. I don't do anything on the off days so I can prepare for the next show. I need that day off to rest to be able to sing that long." Based on that comment I wouldn't expect Chris to have an exercise band in his room but then again that interview was 4 yrs ago.
6. Lastly, the timeline just doesn't make a lot of sense. To me, it seemed like there was a lack of urgency in requesting a well check on Chris as well as the hotel medic's and EMT's arrival.

Re: his last concert and death afterward. Seems people speak of him as if he were helpless to function on his own. His wife almost speaks like his mother instead of his spouse. Was he using again and losing control? He just seems child-like in others references about him. Just odd. Maybe he needed an escape & chose what he considered last resort.

Not that it will lessen my devastation, but maybe it will help stop my head from spinning 24/7 trying to make sense out of what happened that night. There is so much weirdness and what appears to be some contradictions involving the info that's been provided so far...
1. Soundgarden performed concerts on May 12, 13 and 14 so how was Chris able to fly home in time to spend Mother's Day with his family?
2. Chris was an intelligent guy and I would think fairly tech savvy so why would he need his bodyguard to fix a problem with his computer instead of doing it himself?
3. I think the highest dosage of Ativan in tablet form is 2 mg so Chris would've only taken an additional 4 mg which shouldn't have been enough to make his speech slurred in only 5 minutes.
4. I'm not really buying the bodyguard kicking/busting down Chris's hotel room doors either. A couple of years ago my oldest son attempted suicide by overdosing on klonopin. Six deputies, all fairly buff and in great shape, tried to bust down my son's hotel room door but were unsuccessful and ended up having to use a chainsaw to cut the door out so they could get to him. I would figure the MGM Grand was built with better quality materials than the Econolodge which would make it even more difficult to bust through/kick down the doors. I also don't understand, since time was of the essence, why the bodyguard called security again requesting them to open the second set of doors after they refused to open the first set instead of just busting through them. Was their any other proof, aside from his bodyguard saying so, that the hotel room doors were locked from the inside?
5. In an espn interview on staying fit back in 2013 when asked about working out while on the road Chris commented.. "At this point, I'm performing three shows in a row for more than two hours at a time and then I'd get a day off. That is my workout. I don't do anything on the off days so I can prepare for the next show. I need that day off to rest to be able to sing that long." Based on that comment I wouldn't expect Chris to have an exercise band in his room but then again that interview was 4 yrs ago.
6. Lastly, the timeline just doesn't make a lot of sense. To me, it seemed like there was a lack of urgency in requesting a well check on Chris as well as the hotel medic's and EMT's arrival.

http://www.freep.com/story/entertai...al-performance-detroit-soundgarden/330051001/

But Cornell spoke fondly of Detroit, over and over. It was the one element of the show he seemed truly excited about. He talked about Detroit Rock City, how the audience was unparalleled. How the band loved playing here. He acknowledged the crowd up in the balcony, asking them to stand. He also asked the crowd in front of the stage to cheer for those people.

One line, which at the time seemed innocuous, sticks: “I feel bad for the next city,” Cornell said over the mic. The quote came just after mentioning that nothing could ever top Detroit. Now, it has a much deeper, heartbreaking meaning.

Also, don't key cards connect to a central computer system that list entry times? His body guard used the key card but the metal swing latch was engaged. I have stayed in rooms with those types of latches that have been busted out before (not reassuring!).

It's so hard to accept. Chris was so talented and still had so much to offer. My heart goes out to his family and friends. :rose:

Thanks M7A2D for bringing up your concerns. I found it odd that Chris was supposedly so messed up and maybe planning to kill himself, but needed the body guard to fix his computer first. The body guard didn't stick around which means Chris was not acting that worrisome until apparently he talked to his wife which wasn't long after.

Also, if I were the body guard, I would not want the liability of dispensing drugs to my employer or admitting I was the one who gave him extra meds, in case there turned out to be a medical emergency...and there was.

:moo: Please take this part as my own rambling thoughts and reactions. I don't quite understand the extent of his MIL's involvement in his life, but I've certainly heard more about her than his actual Mom. Noticed Chris posted his wife is an angel and lioness, then his MIL says Chris was an angel. Wonder if the same person is writing this material. IMO, the displaced anger at Eddie was ridiculous as he had nothing to do with what happened. I don't understand why that woman feels she should involve herself and take such a public stance. Is it a way for her to get in the limelight?

I came across a picture from the funeral where someone had pointed out Chris's Mom and one of his sisters sitting behind Chris's ex, Susan Silver. There may have been another brother sitting with them as well. Chris's brother Peter left a touching post about Chris on his band's (Peter was also a musician) FB page. https://www.facebook.com/petercornellmusic/

Beautiful words from his brother, and the pictures - thank you for the link bornofposeidon.

Thanks M7A2D for bringing up your concerns. I found it odd that Chris was supposedly so messed up and maybe planning to kill himself, but needed the body guard to fix his computer first. The body guard didn't stick around which means Chris was not acting that worrisome until apparently he talked to his wife which wasn't long after.

Also, if I were the body guard, I would not want the liability of dispensing drugs to my employer or admitting I was the one who gave him extra meds, in case there turned out to be a medical emergency...and there was.

:moo: Please take this part as my own rambling thoughts and reactions. I don't quite understand the extent of his MIL's involvement in his life, but I've certainly heard more about her than his actual Mom. Noticed Chris posted his wife is an angel and lioness, then his MIL says Chris was an angel. Wonder if the same person is writing this material. IMO, the displaced anger at Eddie was ridiculous as he had nothing to do with what happened. I don't understand why that woman feels she should involve herself and take such a public stance. Is it a way for her to get in the limelight?

Regarding the BBM part above, bodyguards / handlers get paid well (including perks of being around celebrities) that they'll do whatever their employer wants them to do. If they refuse to dispense the drugs, they're out the door...there's always someone willing to enable for a price.

Regarding the BBM part above, bodyguards / handlers get paid well (including perks of being around celebrities) that they'll do whatever their employer wants them to do. If they refuse to dispense the drugs, they're out the door...there's always someone willing to enable for a price.

Agreed!!!

Michael Jackson's Dr is a good example. If I remember correctly, Dr. Conrad was MJ's Dr's name. I realize we're not comparing apples to apples here....just saying.

So sad for all of Chris Cornell's family & friends. Another loss to the music world of a fine musician. R.I.P Chris <3
[video=youtube;QAfpuiDZV_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAfpuiDZV_c[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TinaByrd#50
Back