Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell dead at 52 (wrongful death charges against Dr. Robert Koblin) 2017

A friend of mine just got to Detroit for their concert tomorrow. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next to Layne Staley there wasn't a more beautiful haunting voice.

I am bummed!

RIP

The lead singer of INXS.. Michael Hutchence
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Rock Stars Dead by Hanging

Pete Ham....Badfinger
Tom Evans....Badfinger
Michael Hutchence....INXS
Rozz Williams....Christian Death
Ian Curtis....Joy Division
Chris Cornell....Soundgarden
Richard Manuel....The Band
Screaming Lord Sutch
Roy Buchanan
Phil Ochs

I'm having a hard time with this too.
The only thing I can think of is maybe he relapsed and just couldn't deal. IDK.
Not that that would make it any better, but maybe just a bit easier to understand.

I am completely bummed.

Yeah something seems off to me.

The wife has stated that they didn't expect anything like this, she is shocked, but why call someone to come and force their way in at 12am unless you suspect something is not right?

idk

It also seems like it would be nearly impossible to force your way into a hotel room.

It also seems like it would be nearly impossible to force your way into a hotel room.

I was thinking the same - but it may be that he forced the door to the bathroom.

Oof. What a kick in the gut. This is so sad. I wonder if it could have been autoerotic asphyxiation? All these lives extinguished too early from mental illness/addiction. Lane Staley, Scott Weiland and Chris Cornell-just so, so sad.

Oof. What a kick in the gut. This is so sad. I wonder if it could have been autoerotic asphyxiation? All these lives extinguished too early from mental illness/addiction. Lane Staley, Scott Weiland and Chris Cornell-just so, so sad.

You know, I thought of that too.
My BF brought up a good point though...
doesn't seem like a lead singer in the middle of a tour would be risk tying something around their throat.

I don't know what to think. My thoughts and prayers for his wife and children, his family, and his band mates, and all his friends and fans.

Chris Cornell
Wife Says No Signs of Suicidal Thoughts

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/18/chris-cornell-suicide-death-wife/

According to our sources, Vicky says Chris was NOT in any way, shape or form in a suicidal state.

Vicky told people Thursday morning he was devoted to his kids -- ages 16, 12 and 11 -- and she didn't believe he would take his life.

Something made her call a friend to check up on him at 12am and this friend concerned enough to "force" his way in. Something, at least, that day or evening made her concerned.

That's why I'm wondering if he was using again. Maybe she knew and was worried about an OD?

ETA.....don't have a link, but my BF is saying it's official now.....he did hang himself.

Could it be auto-asphyxiation? That's what happened to Michael Hutchence from INXS.

Global News Toronto‏Verified account @globalnewsto 3m3 minutes ago
More
UPDATE: Detroit's medical examiner said a preliminary autopsy shows the 52-year-old singer died by hanging.

Could it be auto-asphyxiation? That's what happened to Michael Hutchence from INXS.

Yes, the eternal quest for la petite mort, and unfortunately finding the larger, permanent variety.

What a sad, sad day.

[video=youtube;XYUIPgz3nyM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYUIPgz3nyM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYUIPgz3nyM[/video]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back