Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell dead at 52 (wrongful death charges against Dr. Robert Koblin) 2017

It didn't dawn on me until shortly after his death that Soundgarden had a song called "Pretty Noose".

Similarly, Nirvana had the song "I Hate Myself and Want To Die".

That's some serious foreshadowing...

And I don't like what you got me hanging from......

Haunting.

It didn't dawn on me until shortly after his death that Soundgarden had a song called "Pretty Noose".

Similarly, Nirvana had the song "I Hate Myself and Want To Die".

That's some serious foreshadowing...
Self-fulfilling prophecy.

I read that and it's sweet.

However, something about it rubs me the wrong way. IDK.
I've probably been reading too much gossip.

Xara - I feel the same and can't quite put my finger on what is bothering me about it. It feels kind of like the mother wrote it.

I haven't seen any statements from his ex-wife or older daughter. Have you?

Xara - I feel the same and can't quite put my finger on what is bothering me about it. It feels kind of like the mother wrote it.

I haven't seen any statements from his ex-wife or older daughter. Have you?

This article includes a letter from Lily too.
http://dailym.ai/2tLoL6i

I feel the same as you. Not that I knew Chris, of course, but I can't help feeling like he would hate this. Why would they be putting out these messages pubicly? Also,....never in a million years will I ever believe that he wanted his final resting place to be the Hollywood Forever cemetary.

This article includes a letter from Lily too.
http://dailym.ai/2tLoL6i

I feel the same as you. Not that I knew Chris, of course, but I can't help feeling like he would hate this. Why would they be putting out these messages pubicly? Also,....never in a million years will I ever believe that he wanted his final resting place to be the Hollywood Forever cemetary.

Thanks for the link. Yeah, I agree that he would probably hate all of this, including Hollywood Forever.

Oh, and also....don't even get me started on the letter that his wife put out.

Heartwrenching video to watch. Chris Cornell's voice was beautiful, but he just didn't seem like himself somehow. Hard to explain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I read that one, along with the two from his daughters. Why publish these?? What is the point? What could be the motivation? Maybe the kids wanted them public to show what a good father he was...who knows? The one from his wife, though was strange. I'm chalking that one up to her grief.

I'm chalking it up to..... umm nevermind.

I'm new to the thread so I am not sure exactly what y'all have covered. However, in reading the autopsy it says that he had petechiae of the left and right palpebral conjunctiva (the whites of his eyes). I found a medical journal article that states that the petechiae is not usually found in hangings but in strangulation. The article states that is how they usually discern between the two. Thoughts??

Welcome here Sweetpea40. It's interesting what you pointed out. Do you suspect foul play?

I don't know what I think because the autopsy and forensic experts seem to have ruled out foul play, murder, and also an accidental death from auto-erotic asphyxiation. Yet, I still have a difficult time believing he intended to end it, and I'm sure his children will struggle with those haunting questions.

Wikipedia has a ton of gruesome facts on the subject of hanging. It's mentioned that forensic experts look for signs to determine if a hanging is a suicide or homicide, as each leaves a distinctive ligature mark. They might find clues by looking at the hyoid bone. If it is broken, it often means the person has been murdered by manual choking.

As I recall, the body guard was the last person to see Chris. I don't know why he didn't seem to notice Chris acting strange when he was in the room, and yet the wife became alarmed via a phone call very soon after. There wasn't even that much time for Chris to start feeling the supposedly extra Ativan. I have to say I always felt the story was a...story.

Everything is just off...the timeline is off, the wife has changed her statements about the phone call, there was noted head trauma in the coroners report but not the autopsy, and there are certain things in the autopsy that are more consistent with strangulation than hanging. Why call the body guard in to fix your computer right before you hang yourself? What happened on that phone call between him and his wife that caused her such alarm? I know he has a history with depression and seemed "off" to some that night, but there are a lot of inconsistencies here.

Not to mention the wife and her family have some shady stuff in their past. I do not trust them for a moment. Have you read some of the mother-in-laws tweets? Now they are pimping out Father's Day letters and throwing Toni into the spotlight. Anything for a new Birkin bag!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back