Found Safe South Africa - Amy-Lee de jager, 6, Johannesburg, 2 Sep 2019

Sairzz

Imagination is more important than knowledge
Reaction score
Police in Vanderbijlpark, a town south of Gauteng, have been working tirelessly, in trying to locate the whereabouts of Amy-Lee de Jager.
The six-year-old was starting out her day, going through the usual routine of being dropped off by her mother at Kollege Park Primary School, where she in Grade R, when she was kidnapped by four suspects.

CCTV cameras captured the incident and police are currently in search of a white Toyota Fortuner that was seen in the area between 07:00 and 08:00 on Monday morning.

Moreover, hours after the six-year-old was kidnapped, her captors made contact with the De Jager family, demanding a ransom fee of R2-million for the release of their daughter.
Amy-Lee de Jager: FF Plus calls for maximum punishment for kidnappers

Oh boy. They asked for money so, hopefully they won't hurt Amy-Lee. Poor thing must be terrified.

omg the little girl must be so terrified

the kidnappers contacted her father - I wonder if it is someone connected to him via work/business ... maybe a contractor they hired or former employee, even a maid

omg the little girl must be so terrified

the kidnappers contacted her father - I wonder if it is someone connected to him via work/business ... maybe a contractor they hired or former employee, even a maid
I'm guessing the family must be somewhat known, at least in that area. Her father is a F1 powerboat racer so, probably well known in that scene.

Amy-Lee has been dropped off at a street corner alive thank goodness.

Kidnappers who snatched the six-year-old daughter of a South African powerboat-racing champion dumped her on a dark street corner in the middle of the night.

Amy-Lee de Jager was found distraught and in tears by a couple in the early hours of today after being taken from her mother's arms outside her school gate in Johannesburg.

She was reunited with her family who say they are 'heartbroken' by the trauma, which they described as the 'longest 19 hours of our lives', but are relieved she is safe.

Kidnappers dump daughter of South African F1 boat racer Wynand de Jager on street corner | Daily Mail Online

source.gif

Three people have been arrested by South African police after a terrified six-year-old girl was kidnapped from her screaming mothers arms as she was being dropped off at the school gates.

Little Amy-Leigh de Jager, six, was the subject of a nationwide manhunt for 19 hours until her abductors, fearing the net was closing in, dropped the girl off in the pitch black on a deserted street corner of Vanderbijlpark, South Africa.

One of the alleged kidnappers is said to be one of the female teachers at the primary school she was snatched from.

Three people are arrested over the kidnap of South African sport star's daughter | Daily Mail Online

Interesting how she was Amy-Lee's brother teacher but she and the other two target Amy-Lee instead. Poor girl probably recognized her as his brother's teacher.

Teacher among 3 people arrested for Amy'Leigh kidnapping

10:09 05/09/2019

One of the three people arrestedfor the kidnapping of six-year-old Grade R pupil Amy'Leigh de Jager is a teacher at her school, Laerskool Kollegepark, in Vanderbijlpark.

This was confirmed by Amy'Leigh's father, Wynand de Jager, as well as a second trusted source close to the investigation.

"I can confirm that one of the suspects is indeed [a teacher at the school]," De Jager told News24 on Thursday. “She is known to me and my family," De Jager said. "I wish to make it clear that my family had no hand in this."

According to police spokesperson Brigadier Vishnu Naidoo, one man and two women, aged 27 to 50, were arrested just before midnight on Wednesday.

A picture of one of the teachers, that was still visible on the school's website on Thursday morning, has since been removed.

Gauteng education spokesperson Steve Mabona could not confirm whether a teacher at the school had been arrested, saying he was still making inquiries.

Four men snatched Amy'Leigh from her mother's car at the school and drove off in a white Toyota Fortuner, News24 previously reported.

Her kidnappers dropped her off between 02:00 and 02:30 on Tuesday in a street close to The Shakespeare Inn hotel in Vanderbijlpark.

~snip

Teacher among 3 people arrested for Amy'Leigh kidnapping

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288