South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was interesting. Defense seemed to be wrestling over Anni's position when she was shot?

I think the suggestion of her flinching must have been very, very hard for family to hear. She must have been so terrified. :(

Ye gods, that was excruciating, following Andrew that is.

Also....infertility doesn't mean a person can't have sex, surely? That would be impotency, which is not the same thing at all.

I wonder if there is any medical record of the infertility?
BIB - no, it doesn't mean they can't have sex. I doubt his libido was affected by his infertility, since he was able to have physical relationships with men with no apparent problem. Sounds like he just wasn't attracted to his wife (or maybe any women).

Shrien Dewani denies plot to murder wife Anni

Mr Dewani said he later met Tongo, whom he felt "sorry" for, and had planned to give him some money. (Likely story)

'Helicopter surprise'

On the night of Anni's death Mr Dewani was carrying "a large amount of cash", and Tongo had texted him to ask if he still had money for the helicopter ride. This could have been a code word, imo.

Some footage of SD in the witness box.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-29476713

I bet the reporter who snapped her heel will be in flats Wednesday.

Looking at that video of Dewani, does anyone think he may be on meds? He's just staring straight into space and hardly blinking at all.

We're back on.

Doesn't look like there is much evidence in the case. One convicted persons confession. They will need collaborating evidence. The video they have, i am not sure will help. Becase the money paid was only 1000 pounds this makes it a he said she said case.The worst part is all the allegations are probably true.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

am not sure what I think happened, just seems odd that he would ask somebody he had only just met to kill his wife,

am not sure what I think happened, just seems odd that he would ask somebody he had only just met to kill his wife,

Dude is crazy and wanted to fight extrdition claiming he was mentally ill.
I dont for min doubt he did what he i being charged with. The problem is the people who killed her were really stupid. If they had charge 5000 plus punds it would have been sufficient proof. 1000 pounds he can claim was for anything and get away with it

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

It's way too early for me to have any thoughts on Dewani's guilt or innocence. With OP, initially I thought he was innocent after reading the first headlines about how he thought it was an intruder. I think one paper even suggested that Reeva had paid him a 'surprise' visit, and that's what set everything in motion.

The Dewani case seems more complex, in that would he really be so stupid as to seek someone out he barely knew to murder his wife? I don't think he'd have killed her just to avoid telling his family he'd had gay flings, because he could just have ended the relationship. That would have been much easier, and a hell of lot less risky than arranging her murder.

Looking forward to following the trial with you all.

First inconsistency I've spotted:

Dewani statement:
The defendant says he and Anni chose Cape Town for their honeymoon because "neither of us had been and SA matched our initials".

andrew harding tweet:
South Africa honeymoon was kept as a "surprise" for Anni, says Dewani

Maybe Harding dozed off and got it wrong...

Correction: Dewani statement had been misquoted. It says " I had decided to take anni to South Africa for our honeymoon...I kept it a secret from anni..."

All tweets by Andrew Harding @BBCAndrewH - https://twitter.com/BBCAndrewH

It strikes me here how much the absence of tv cameras drains the #DewaniTrial of the tension so notable throughout Oscar Pistorius's trial.

This is like watching the grass grow. I think Andrew Harding has fallen asleep.

True, and I think it's more than that.

Pistorious was a SA (and global) megastar with a well-connected mega-rich SA family. He himself, violently murdered a gorgeous, up-and-coming SA megamodel. The trial was held in SA.

Annie and Shrien's SA connection: None. They stayed in a SA hotel for a few days (before she was murdered).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member