South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
News24 ‏@News24 3m3 minutes ago
Mashru says Dewani told her reason Anni shot was because she was screaming - told her not to repeat this to anyone.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 3m3 minutes ago
Sneha: "Shrien explained to me he had a gun in his ear. He then was pushed out of the backseat window".

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 3m
I don't think I asked him at that stage what was stolen. I didn't think.

Sneha says Shrien asked her to meet him at his Bristol home (after the killing).

Sneha testifies Shrien told me: "Do not repeat this to anyone. Had Anni not screamed she would not have been shot."

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 2m2 minutes ago
Riley:how long did you stay? Sneha:I left early the next day,felt very uncomfortable, Shrien was cold & controlling.

Mashru: Met Dewani in Bristol, felt very uncomfortable, Shrien acting very cold and controlling, behavior not what you'd expect

Dewani said his shoulder sore, needed massage, needed to go to tailor - Mashru confused about his behavior. Eating like normal.

Sneha says Dewani did not behave like a grieving husband. He wanted a massage, eating a lot, wanted new suits.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 3m3 minutes ago
Shrien had asked me to meet him at their house in Bristol when he arrived

Sneha: while in the house, Shrien had his laptop, he had funeral arrangements on a spreadsheet. I thought it was strange.

News24 ‏@News24 4m4 minutes ago
Mashru also found it odd that Dewani had planned entire funeral on spreadsheet - how could be so organised?

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 3m3 minutes ago
Sneha says she took the earliest train she could get.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 4m4 minutes ago
Funeral took place on the 20 & 21st November

Sneha: the funeral was on the Saturday, we cremate the body.

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 4m4 minutes ago
Sneha: On Sunday we had prayers so that the soul can rest in peace.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 4m4 minutes ago
Sneha: On Friday 19th.I wanted to do Anni's make up one last time. Me, Ami went to the funeral parlour to dress Anni.
Sneha: Shrien's mom and aunt were there. He was treating the body, not with love.
Sneha: He was squeezing the bangles. She was swollen. I said stop, you're hurting her.
Sneha: Until today, I can hear how he dropped dropped her hand on the steel table. I didn't see the love, My Lady

Sneha: Me, Vinod & Nilam met Shrien & Preyes in the flat at Marble Arch a day or two after the funeral.

Mashru: saw Dewanis day or two after funeral for meeting to "clear the air" as families not on good terms at that stage.

Wish Mashru had a recording of that call - that would be enough to convict Dewani because how would he have known what happened when Anni was shot, unless he was there?

Sneha: The purpose of the meeting was to clear the air. We were not on good terms.
Sneha: We were also going to collect Anni's clothes from Bristol.

Wish Mashru had a recording of that call - that would be enough to convict Dewani because how would he have known what happened when Anni was shot, unless he was there?

Good thinking Z, how could he.

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 3m3 minutes ago
Sneha says she thought it strange that Anni would want to go a township on her honeymoon.

Sneha took a recording device from someone who was studying to be a journalist and put it in her pocket.

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 3m
Sneha: the meeting was approximately 3 hours.

Mashru: Things Shrien told me didn't make sense, didn't come across as a grieving husband, things he said on phone sounded odd.

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 4m4 minutes ago
Sneha: Shrien explained what happened in SA, there were discussions about what happened at funeral. We asked questions.
Sneha asked Shrien about Anni's handbag.

Sneha: I think it was Shrien who said that Anni was fighting for her bag. I know 100% that she would give her purse

Sneha: I asked what was in that purse. He said her phone & Elizabeth Arden make up." - no mention of money.

Sneha says Shrien told her that his wife's blackberry and make up were in the purse (she fought for during hijacking).

Ha! SD said Anni had the money, Tongo said money was in envelope in pocket of backseat!

Sneha: We then went to Max Clifford's office..to set the record straight that there was no animosity btw Vinod (Anni's dad) & Shrien.

Aislinn Laing ‏@Simmoa 2m2 minutes ago
Mashru: "I also thought it was strange how a man without his will can be pushed out of a back seat window."

Sneha says if Shrien got a divorce a week after the wedding it would have been considered shameful to the Dewani name.

O/T Prominent SA politician Mthembu has just been shot in the face while taking money out of an ATM. He's alive.

Nashira Davids ‏@nashhannibal 4m4 minutes ago
Sneha went to police - she was suspicious. And Dewani had one broken engagement prior to marrying Anni.

Sneha: I knew the Dewani name meant a lot to them, and a divorce would be shameful. Sneha wanted to show police proof that the relationship wasn't always happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74