South Africa - Martin, 55, Theresa, 54, Rudi van Breda, 22, murdered, 26 Jan 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember reading this during the OP trial.

“I’m a 50-year-old paraplegic and have been awaiting trial for more than two years since my arrest on fraud charges in December 2011. I can’t walk, I can’t control my bowel or bladder and have to wear disposable baby nappies which my family buy for me. I’m paralysed from level four and don’t have a wheelchair”.

[url]http://theconversation.com/south-african-prisons-the-trials-of-oscar-pistorius-may-not-be-over-31593[/URL]

This poor man had to drag himself along the floor on his stomach to get anywhere in prison.

The public outrage was so immense that he was released into home detention shortly afterwards IIRC. This is what happens when you have lawyers like those in the OP trial and those in this trial together with rich clients who can afford the luxury of wasting precious court hours. It makes me want to tear my hair out. The article is well worth reading.

Does anyone remember reading this during the OP trial.

“I’m a 50-year-old paraplegic and have been awaiting trial for more than two years since my arrest on fraud charges in December 2011. I can’t walk, I can’t control my bowel or bladder and have to wear disposable baby nappies which my family buy for me. I’m paralysed from level four and don’t have a wheelchair”.

[url]http://theconversation.com/south-african-prisons-the-trials-of-oscar-pistorius-may-not-be-over-31593[/URL]

This poor man had to drag himself along the floor on his stomach to get anywhere in prison.

The public outrage was so immense that he was released into home detention shortly afterwards IIRC. This is what happens when you have lawyers like those in the OP trial and those in this trial together with rich clients who can afford the luxury of wasting precious court hours. It makes me want to tear my hair out. The article is well worth reading.

Yes, JJ! I remember it well! What a disaster this trial is! Ready to give it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member