Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

This is an indication that the perpetrator made his way into her apartment (without breaking in) and took time to clean up afterwards. It reminds me of Kelsey Berreth's case from Colorado where at first glance nothing suspicious was found in her apartment where she was viciously attacked. Here the attack could not have taken long, because nobody in the building heard anything. But if she was strangled, for example, it wouldn't necessarily leave behind biological clues.

Last edited:
This is an indication that the perpetrator made his way into her apartment (without breaking in) and took time to clean up afterwards. It reminds me of Kelsey Berreth's case from Colorado where at first glance nothing suspicious was found in her apartment where she was viciously attacked. Here the attack could not have taken long, because nobody in the building heard anything. But if she was strangled, for example, it wouldn't necessarily leave behind biological clues.
This is a good point. It’s also possible this means biological traces of an intruder.

What indicates no break in?

Thank you everyone for clarifying.
It will be interesting to know who eventually send the messages to her brother and friend. Because if it was a stranger, how would he know who to send the message to. Makes me think it must be someone who knows her.

JMO

Thank you everyone for clarifying.
It will be interesting to know who eventually send the messages to her brother and friend. Because if it was a stranger, how would he know who to send the message to. Makes me think it must be someone who knows her.

JMO

Well, it is WhatsApp. Not difficult to check the last calls and see how often she communicated with certain people.

I think the media can be deceived and mislead. For example, the media said her apartment had nothing out of the ordinary. Now, thirty days later, they mention biological remains.

It's not that the media has been deceived.The details about biological remains are a more recent finding in the ongoing investigation. Biological remains can be blood spots under a sofa cushion, or hidden from view.

It is a normal practice for new details to emerge as lab tests are completed and further work is carried out to piece the story of what happened.

It would be lovely if the media had all the facts to report even from the beginning of a case. It would save a lot of investigative work.

It's not that the media has been deceived.The details about biological remains are a more recent finding in the ongoing investigation. Biological remains can be blood spots under a sofa cushion, or hidden from view.

It is a normal practice for new details to emerge as lab tests are completed and further work is carried out to piece the story of what happened.

It would be lovely if the media had all the facts to report even from the beginning of a case. It would save a lot of investigative work.
Often times law enforcement will keep facts + details from the media. If the media released every investigative detail, it could severely affect the trial and legal aspects.

1) the good news: the Spanish police is working on the case. They are not obliged to notify either us or DM of their steps, but when all involved stop giving interviews and there is silence, and in a week, there is a new announcement, it is good, prognostically.
2) another good news: the tenants of Ana’s house in Madrid are not explaining what they saw or heard. It might well be that they have something to tell, yet keep silent, to keep some important information under wraps.
3) I, too, hope that “biological material” includes not only Ana’s one, but the perpetrator’s traces as well.

Overall, it doesn’t look good for Ana. I hope he is apprehended, but it is a sad situation for this young and obviously, very nice woman. She seems to have a supportive family and a circle of good friends, even if her husband of 12+ years doesn’t care to go to Madrid.

From the human side - I hope DK’s current/future flame sees him for what he is. Just the fact: he lived with his wife for 12+ years, and when she is in a huge trouble in a foreign country and his help is needed, he doesn’t move a finger. As a good psychologist once said, “look at him now. He won’t get any better after you marry him. You get what you see.”

It has been quiet for quite a while, but I do believe and hope this case is moving on. Considering the number of CCTV in Madrid and the general safety levels there, I think they have tracked down the culprit. I assume it's more about either getting access to the culprit or maybe about proving the links between the person ordering the crime and the one actually committing the act.
I know these things take time, but I do hope it gets a move on sooner rather than later!

The FBI told Ana's brother that the latest information about biological remains isn't true:

With no disrespect to the brother here at all intended, a few initial thoughts:

1) Remains in English automatically means a dead body. But the original context here sounds like it could also be traces. Cuomo assumes the report suggested there is a body when none has been found. That's (likely) a misunderstanding.

2) We've heard several times that the FBI and the National Police here are working closely together. But is it possible that the former didn't know the reality yet? Or perhaps didn't want Felipe Henao to know? I don't think that can be ruled out.

3) If the lawyer working for the family is correct and her case is now being reclassified to be treated under Gender Violence, that won't have been done for no reason. Which is very concerning.

Just to give the full wording of original Cierre Digital report for those that haven't seen it. This paragraph is citing a police source:

"The Forensic Police found biological remains in Ana María's flat. This does nothing more than reaffirm the theory that has been maintained since the first day: that we are not dealing with a voluntary disappearance but a forced one. Given the amount of time elapsed without any sighting of her, everything points to the clear and firm hypothesis that Ana María was the victim of a disappearance with a criminal act."

[la Policía Científica encontró restos biológicos en el piso de Ana María. Esto no hace más que reafirmar la teoría que se ha mantenido desde el primer día de que no se trata de una desaparición voluntaria, sino forzosa. Transcurrido tanto tiempo sin tener ninguna noticia ni ningún avistamiento, todo apunta a la hipótesis clara y firme de que Ana María fue víctima de una desaparición con acto criminal”.]

That underlined part I think makes it clear. Given this says the police found her vanishing evidently suspicious from Day 1, there must have been more in the apartment than just weird text messages.

From Jan 27, 2023

Spain’s government under pressure to do more to combat gender-based crime

"At least six women have been killed — allegedly by their current or former partners — so far this year, according to the latest records by the government’s office against gender-based violence.

After studying these cases, the Equality Ministry found that some of the victims had been living with their alleged killers for economic reasons."

March 15, 2024 article:

" In recent months, Ana had continued to receive contradictory messages from her husband in which he even proposed to reconcile or come visit her in Spain. She had always refused."

"The locks of Ana María's house were not forced, but some valuable items, such as electronic devices, were missing. The victim's cell phone has not been found either. The case is being heard in a violence against women court."

"She adores animals and especially her Schnauzer dog Juanita, who has since died, and the new one, Josi, whom she brought from Serbia and who she had to give up for adoption when she moved to Spain.

These are the memories that those who love her store of her, while they wait for an outcome to this anguish."

March 15, 2024 article:

" In recent months, Ana had continued to receive contradictory messages from her husband in which he even proposed to reconcile or come visit her in Spain. She had always refused."

"The locks of Ana María's house were not forced, but some valuable items, such as electronic devices, were missing. The victim's cell phone has not been found either. The case is being heard in a violence against women court."

"She adores animals and especially her Schnauzer dog Juanita, who has since died, and the new one, Josi, whom she brought from Serbia and who she had to give up for adoption when she moved to Spain.

These are the memories that those who love her store of her, while they wait for an outcome to this anguish."

It was reported earlier that her laptop was found in her apartment.

Can you share the source?
Several Serbian media outlets mentioned it. The article below references "US media" in the beginning.

Automatic translation into English:
On February 4, Rameau called the police, who did not find Ana in the apartment, but found the apartment locked from the outside with no signs of a struggle or forced entry, while Ana's passport, laptop and other personal belongings remained inside.

Several Serbian media outlets mentioned it. The article below references "US media" in the beginning.

Automatic translation into English:
On February 4, Rameau called the police, who did not find Ana in the apartment, but found the apartment locked from the outside with no signs of a struggle or forced entry, while Ana's passport, laptop and other personal belongings remained inside.
Thanks, I couldn't find it in any US or Spanish media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125
Back