Spain Spain - Levi Davis, 24, former England rugby star, last known to be in The Old Irish Pub, Barcelona, 29 Oct 2022

Maybe he rented a car at Sants Station? What did LE did thus far to find him? Did they went from "door to door" on the station where is phone last pinged. In men, schizophrenia symptoms typically start in the early to mid-20's. Could he be experiencing something like this?
I don't think he had enough cash to hire a car (via google translate):

The day of his disappearance, Levi took a ferry from Ibiza to the Catalan capital, but did not take his passport or other belongings with him. "Since then he has not used his cards and he only had 40 euros in cash on him," Julie explains. The Mossos d'Esquadra , which began to investigate the case ex officio, have not detected any movement in the young man's bank accounts. There is also no record that he has been admitted to any hospital in Catalonia or that he has been arrested.

It would still show up on his account tho, right? I was wondering how can they possibly know that he only had €40 with him?
Yeah, that's true. Those transactions would still show up on his bank account. I wonder how the family had access to his bank movements so early? And yes, I wonder how they can know for sure that he only had that amount of money on him.

Maybe he rented a car at Sants Station? What did LE did thus far to find him? Did they went from "door to door" on the station where is phone last pinged. In men, schizophrenia symptoms typically start in the early to mid-20's. Could he be experiencing something like this?
He didn't have money to rent a car

It would still show up on his account tho, right? I was wondering how can they possibly know that he only had €40 with him?
Yes, exactly. Did his mother monitored his financial affairs? Did she give him some kind of allowance/amount, a max? I would never know how much cash my son has on him unless it was mentioned explicitly by him to me for whatever reason. If I had access to his known bank accounts it would be possible to see how much money he took in cash out and do some kind of calculation what he used, but never know exact. Maybe he has other means to get money? We don't know.

ETA

Last edited:
Yes, exactly. Did his mother monitored his financial affairs? Did she give him some kind of allowance/amount, a max? I would never know how much cash my son has on him unless it was mentioned explicitly by him to me for whatever reason. If I had access to his known bank accounts it would be possible to see how much money he took in cash out and do some kind of calculation what he used, but never know exact. Maybe he has other means to get money? We don't know.

ETA

Yeah exactly, maybe he took out €40, but who’s to say he didn’t have more cash with him already or sold something recently

If you were in a mental crisis, the last thing you'd want to do is drive, especially in a busy city like Barcelona. You don't really need a car anyway as public transport is excellent all over Spain.

Plus, coming from the UK, Spain (like most European countries) drives on the "other" the road (on the right hand side) so it'd be completely the opposite to a British person and cause even more stress and confusion. Not a comfortable situation.

Also, one thing: he could've flown from Ibiza to Barcelona, quickly and cheaply....but he chose to get a ferry. Which is odd ....

I hope that sighting is credible. If he is just dazed and confused, that can be mitigated. Hopefully someone follows up on this possible sighting. He needs to be home with his family.

If you were in a mental crisis, the last thing you'd want to do is drive, especially in a busy city like Barcelona. You don't really need a car anyway as public transport is excellent all over Spain.

Plus, coming from the UK, Spain (like most European countries) drives on the "other" the road (on the right hand side) so it'd be completely the opposite to a British person and cause even more stress and confusion. Not a comfortable situation.

Also, one thing: he could've flown from Ibiza to Barcelona, quickly and cheaply....but he chose to get a ferry. Which is odd ....
I agree. He is either walking around or taking public transportation.

A witness has contacted the 24-year-old's family to claim they saw him on Monday in a square near the city's Arc de Triomf monument.

The same witness is said to have placed him a week earlier in another square near Barcelona's famous La Boqueria Market just a six-minute walk from the Old Irish Pub Levi was picked up on CCTV leaving around 10pm on October 29.

Monday's sighting occurred in Placa Sant Agusti Vell - Old Saint Agustin Square in English - according to local press.

The other square has been identified as Placa del Canonge Colom, behind La Boqueria and near to the La Rambla boulevard.

[...]

Screenshot_20221117-141849_Firefox-01.jpeg

The same witness is said to have placed him a week earlier in another square
What were the chances the same person saw him in twice in 2 different places?!? Barcelona is a big, busy city.

There are a lot of Senegalese immigrants in Barcelona, they're street sellers and the like, I wonder if Levi was mistaken for one of them??

What were the chances the same person saw him in twice in 2 different places?!? Barcelona is a big, busy city.

There are a lot of Senegalese immigrants in Barcelona, they're street sellers and the like, I wonder if Levi was mistaken for one of them??

Said before, I personally don't hold much on these sightings in missing people cases unless seen by someone who knows them personally.

Is this alleged sighter just a random, or could they know more than they are saying?

Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so at Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me

Hi Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

The mod staff at Websleuths.com work non-stop to keep Websleuths open 24/7 and to make sure
Websleuths is a safe place for you to post.

If you would like to donate to the moderators at Websleuths.com please do so using this link Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me

Websleuths.com will always be free for members. If you like to read at Websleuths because of the incredible work of our members please know the reason our members are able to do what they do is because of our dedicated volunteer moderator staff.

This video explains what the moderators do every day to keep Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet.

Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

Said before, I personally don't hold much on these sightings in missing people cases unless seen by someone who knows them personally.

I agree. They usually turn out to be nothing, or just someone who looks familiar or mistaken identity.

It's very difficult to confirm a witness sighting, especially as people look different in their 'missing photos' than they do in real life.
For instance, Levi has short hair in his rugby photos, but apparently now has short dreadlocks.

I just find it hard to believe the same person saw him twice in 2 different locations. And why was the witness in those exact 2 locations himself?
Who was he? Is he Spanish? English?

Police searching for missing rugby star Levi Davis have found his passport, his worried family revealed today.

Officers in Barcelona say the travel document was discovered a few days ago but are not yet revealing any further details.

There have been no confirmed sightings of Mr Davis in three weeks and neither his mobile phone nor his bank accounts have been used.

Continues at link.

Police searching for missing rugby star Levi Davis have found his passport, his worried family revealed today.

Officers in Barcelona say the travel document was discovered a few days ago but are not yet revealing any further details.

There have been no confirmed sightings of Mr Davis in three weeks and neither his mobile phone nor his bank accounts have been used.

Continues at link.
I don’t get that bit. I thought his passport had been left with the friend in Ibiza? Also, the ‘arrived *pray emoji’ text to his mother seems off to me. Like ‘I’m here. Wish me luck’ sort of thing. I could be overreaching.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back