SPAIN - Peter Wilson, 32, Irish tourist, Malibu Park Hotel, Tenerife, 23 Mar 2019

Identifican el cádaver de Peter Wilson, el turista irlandés desaparecido en 2019

Los restos aparecieron en la parte trasera de una obra situada en las proximidades del centro comercial Siam Mall y cerca de la calle que sube hacia La Caldera

Translation: "The remains appeared in the back of a work located in the vicinity of the Siam Mall shopping center and near the street that goes up to La Caldera..."

Why would he be found on waste ground at the back of a shopping mall near a road that goes up to a mountain..?

What would he be doing there? The area around the mall is arid rough land. Aerial photo of the area attached.

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    14.9 KB · Views: 21
Taking a look around on Google Earth, there are new-looking holiday apartments/villas on the elevated road behind the Centro Commercial ( Avenida Francia) which leads to the area La Caldera...there is a farm & riding school of the same name.

It looks like more building work is going on in that area.

I wonder if he was trying to find his way to one of these apartments, maybe to meet someone....possibly taking a short-cut through a building site after dark & had an accident? Or was attacked, robbed & dumped here.

There were reports of other tourists being robbed in Tenerife at this time, having been sprayed in the face with a ‘date rape’ drug & being forced to withdraw money from an ATM.

I’ll find a link & post below.

Irishman is sprayed with date-rape drug and robbed in Tenerife

This incident was in Las Playas de Americas on 23 March 2019, the same date that Peter Wilson went missing & in the same place. This man was staying in a hotel near the place where Mr Wilson’s remains have been discovered so I think this is a likely scenario.

Last edited:

This incident was in Las Playas de Americas on 23 March 2019, the same date that Peter Wilson went missing & in the same place. This man was staying in a hotel near the place where Mr Wilson’s remains have been discovered so I think this is a likely scenario.

Replying to my own post......is it possible the man who survived this attack is in fact the same friend Mr Wilson went on holiday with....which would explain why he abruptly left Tenerife the following day, despite the fact that his friend was missing?

There has been no information given about ‘the friend’, no interviews etc. which has been unusual.

Their connection may have been kept quiet while investigations were on-going & while there was a chance Mr Wilson was alive.

Both were Irish, same date, same place....seems too much of a coincidence. Obviously police would be well aware.

Rest In Peace Peter Wilson. My condolences to his family & friends.

All my opinion only.

I thought there was no foul play suspected?

Although I wouldn't be surprised if that's a cover up for the tourism factor.

The police in tenerife are notoriously bent, I've had dealings with them myself.

Replying to my own post......is it possible the man who survived this attack is in fact the same friend Mr Wilson went on holiday with....which would explain why he abruptly left Tenerife the following day, despite the fact that his friend was missing?
RSBM. Not sure, it doesn't sit well with me that he'd speak with the press about his experience but not appeal for his missing friend. I think that would be too weird.

Yes....think I was getting a bit carried away in the moment, when posting this morning! Sorry!

I’ve re-read this Spanish article which came out 17 days after Peter’s disappearance, in which his cousin & two work colleagues were interviewed, while in Tenerife searching.

¿Dónde está Peter Wilson?

It mentions that on the first night Peter & friend were drinking in an Irish pub in the resort.

I realise that Tenerife is a popular tourist destination for the Irish. There are budget airlines flying direct from Dublin to Tenerife & flights are cheap.

I’m sure there were a lot of young Irish men in the resort at the same time as Peter.

The other article, about the ‘date rape drug’ attack & robbery, I read recently...before Peter’s remains were located.......& had wondered if he could have been victim of a similar attack & died as a result.

On learning that the remains were positively identified, I re-read the article & was surprised to see it had happened on the very same night.

Was not aware that no foul play suspected, though I can now see that is the headline in one of the Spanish articles. ( I hope that toxicology was performed as a matter of course)

Last edited:
Yes....think I was getting a bit carried away in the moment, when posting this morning! Sorry!

I’ve re-read this Spanish article which came out 17 days after Peter’s disappearance, in which his cousin & two work colleagues were interviewed, while in Tenerife searching.

¿Dónde está Peter Wilson?

It mentions that on the first night Peter & friend were drinking in an Irish pub in the resort.

I realise that Tenerife is a popular tourist destination for the Irish. There are budget airlines flying direct from Dublin to Tenerife & flights are cheap.

I’m sure there were a lot of young Irish men in the resort at the same time as Peter.

The other article, about the ‘date rape drug’ attack & robbery, I read recently...before Peter’s remains were located & had wondered if he could have been victim of a similar attack & died as a result.

On learning that the remains were positively identified, I re-read the article & was surprised to see it had happened on the very same night.

Was not aware that no foul play is suspected.
No need to apologise, it is a very big coincidence about both happening on the same night, not seen that connection before.

I'm sure I've read of someone dying of this devil's breath thing in Tenerife, maybe I read it when Amy Gerard went missing,

Peter is finally on his way home
After 2 long agonising heartbreaking years the last 3 months of them been the hardest waiting to get Peter home, up until that we always held that little glimmer of hope that he would one day walk in the door with his cheeky smile but that hope was dashed on January 11 th when we heard that Peter s remains were found. It was devastating news but it s closure now for all of us, a lot of families of missing persons some whom i ve met would love to be in our situation today and we will continue to hope and pray that one day they will .
We would like to thank every single person who has been on this journey with us from day one, who has been our strenght, our support, our encouragement and who have kept us going in our darkest times and mostly through all your generosity have made it possible for us to continue to go to Tenerife in search of Peter and with the help of the amazing Kevin Bell repatriation Trust and the kindness of all of ye through all all the fundraising etc ye have all made it possible for us to bring Peter home to us and give him the Christian burial that we want for him.
We are so proud and privileged to have such amazing family, neighbours, friends and people who we ve never met far and wide who have helped us along this heartbreaking journey. Just way way too many people to thank individually but a million thanks again from the bottom of our hearts.
Safe travels son on the final leg of your journey home to Dublin this evening and down to the " Town you loved so well" Rochfortbridge where you will stay forever young.
We will miss you forever son, brother, Dad.
Rest in peace til we meet again
Love you to the stars and beyond

So sad but thankful the family can now lay Peter to rest.

It seems strange he was found where he was. Siam Mall is out the way up a hill quite a distance from where you would go for nighlife. I’m not sure why he would be up in that area tbh as it’s remote and if the taxi dropped him off in the centre of las America’s. There is actually a motorway you have to go over aswell. I do remember from memory not feeling very safe when I took my daughter in 2016, it was fairly new then and it just felt off. There was a McDonalds or Burger King and a garage I remember there though. Strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back