Specifically hikers or any female alone?

While you now have to have SS#s for children to do things like list them as dependents on your income tax and get health insurance for them, this was not always the case. Many people did not get an SS card until they went to work or to college in the past because children were not required to have an SS# unless they had income that had to be reported to the IRS (like a trust fund's interest income) or they were drawing SSI or SS survivor benefits or Food Stamps or welfare.

Correct. I was a SS kid after my father died. We were covered under his SS# and I got my own SS# at age 16 for my first job. Even though I had my own SS# I was still under his SS until I completed college.

Hilton seemed to have some ties to Florida, and that is interesting that his SS # came from there....he lived there at one time...the late 70's I think?
He must have had some family there, maybe his mother's family.
I STILL wish we knew if he had brothers or sisters!

Some comments from Hilton family aquaintances can be viewed here: http://tinyurl.com/2l9xa9

"Hilton does have family but they have had no contact with him for over 20 years. Not even his Mother. He has 5 cousins in Georgia His Mother lived in Flordia but is in hospice in another state. He has uncle who did live in North Carolina but has moved and a aunt in california. Hilton was bad news for along time. His family has nothing to add. No sob story. I met him once with his Mother at underground Atlanta way back in the 70,s and he creeped me out then. From what I have heard he was bad news even as a child. His family are good people. people you would love to have as neighbors. Hilton is a abberation. And the Hilton name does not connect to any of them."

&
"To be honest until he came up as a person of interest they had no idea if he was dead or alive. The preference would have been for him to have been dead rather than all these people being killed. I dont know why the break with him happened. I just know with the family members I have know for years it must have been something really huge. These people hold family and friends close. Hilton had every chance in the world to be a good solid citizen for what ever reason he is not."

Thanks for posting that. I had read that some time ago, but forgot about it....
sometimes there is no rhyme or reason as to why someone becomes such a monster...perhaps they are born that way, who knows?
Out of the countless children who are abused, it is fairly certain that many will go on to abuse their own children. Making the leap to murderer is certainly less certain.

I personally feel that the Hiltons and Gacys of our world were just born that way.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back