***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

Excuse me if it has already been posted.....I loved JA's description of Linda as a marshmallow hand grenade.

Excuse me if it has already been posted.....I loved JA's description of Linda as a marshmallow hand grenade.

Me too.
Oh how I wish she would, one day, write a book about her experience with this case.

http://www.harpercollins.com/Author/Tour.aspx?authorID=38752

All Events Promoting Imperfect Justice

Thursday, November 17, 2011
CTV/Canada AM

Monday, November 21, 2011
06:00 PM
ORLANDO PUBLIC LIBRARY
101 E Central Blvd Orlando, FL 32801

Tuesday, November 22, 2011
09:00 PM
blogtalkradio.com/levipage

Monday, November 28, 2011
07:00 PM
BOOK MARK
220 First ST Neptune Beach, FL 32266

Tuesday, November 29, 2011
NEW SMYRNA BEACH REGIONAL LIBRARY
1001 S Dixie Freeway New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168

Tuesday, November 29, 2011
12:30 PM
DELAND REGIONAL LIBRARY
130 E Howry AVE DeLand, FL 32724

Wednesday, November 30, 2011
05:00 PM
VERO BEACH BOOK CENTER
2145 Indian River Blvd. Vero Beach, FL 32960

Friday, December 02, 2011
07:00 PM
BARNES & NOBLE
2501 Tyrone Blvd St. Petersburg, FL 33710

Reading that the jury wanted to know who was going home, what order, who would get to leave first etc on the THIRD day said all I needed to hear to understand what happened all the better (boy that's a messy sentence). Something has to change with the system in that respect - the people who have critical thinking skills required to judge someone's fate aren't the people who completely avoid a semi-local story this big. I can't blame Cindy as much as JA does - I totally get where he is coming from but she was the mother AND grandmother....I'd have gone off the deep end too.

I had JA sign my book and I asked if I could have a hug. He said sure...that's when I said, "Thank you for being Caylee's hero". He hugged me tighter and said thank you so much for your support. I also said, don't let the Bar quit on Baez, and he said, don't worry we won't...we definitely won't.

I got teary eyed when I read this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you said to Jeff. I know everyone here, including me, wishes they could do the same and give him a hug, too. I'm sure he needed to hear it, too. I'm so glad you got the chance to meet him!

Reading that the jury wanted to know who was going home, what order, who would get to leave first etc on the THIRD day said all I needed to hear to understand what happened all the better (boy that's a messy sentence). Something has to change with the system in that respect - the people who have critical thinking skills required to judge someone's fate aren't the people who completely avoid a semi-local story this big. I can't blame Cindy as much as JA does - I totally get where he is coming from but she was the mother AND grandmother....I'd have gone off the deep end too.

The Jurors, as JA said, were coddled and pampered by Judge Perry....

Ahhhhhhhh, I not only want Jeff's signature and to meet him - how about a signing with Yuri there too..... :crazy: .....ahhhhhh, but I digress.

Oh I would love it if Linda Burdick, Frank George , Yuri Melich, John Allen and Nick Savage would appear with him..but because they all still work in Public Service I doubt they would or could speak candidly.
Dr G would be great as well.

Great interview with Jeff, but he is being far too generous to CA when he says she was in denial all the time.... I think she was in denial for a few hours only, on the day they found the car, then it was all lies/cover up. She is a natural born liar.

Just ordered Kindle download even though my hard back should arrive sometime tomorrow. I wonder if Cindy & Casey pre-ordered their copies. :giggle: you know they'll read this book and knowing they are reading it will only serve to make my reading experience all the more pleasurable.

You know it is going to end up destroyed in the trash like that shamrock baseball cap the woman who was nosing through the A's curbside trash found.

I haven't been able to control my tears as I read this book.

Really, it is no wonder that people like Casey exist. What stings and burns and rips my heart out is that it feels like we're back in the dark ages. If ordinary people (who are asked to serve on a jury) do not have even a shred of common sense and compassion then it is truly a very scary world to live in.

Their compassion was misplaced.

Just finished the book and I LOVED IT! With a little one of my own, and working from home, i have had very little sleep because i couldn't put it down!

Here's some stuff I loved -

1) LOVED what JA said about the jury (pretty much everything I've read here). I especially loved when he said "they weren't going to figure that out in 90 minutes of deliberation" regarding JF's comment about not really knowing what happened to Caylee. JF is the juror who was all over TV and went to Disney! He talked about how it SHOULD have taken a lot of work and common sense (among lots of other things). I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM!

2) LOVED all the times he said Cindy chose Casey over Caylee! Even in the Dr. Phil interview, Cindy downplayed the fact that Caylee was thrown away like garbage. I hope KARMA strikes and Cindy is stuck with her (blank - blank - blank) daughter for the rest of her life!

3) First time I actually read the interview w/YM when Casey was at Universal and at the dead-end hallway finally told him that she didn't work there. At the end of the interview she said something like "my mom has already said she will never forgive me." Funny how JB said that in opening... I felt that the DT read this statement and BINGO they found the reason why the (blank -blank - blank) did not come forward about the "accidental drowning." She blamed everything on her parents, imo, and couple this with the fact that they pretty much stood by her is just SICK! Who in the he!! is this nutcase and why does she have so much power over her family. Poor Caylee never had a chance!

4) Loved all the comments about JB and the DT. Funny and true! And, this may not be nice, but still wonder how LKB's plastic surgery is going for her? I am still under the impression that her famous husband was messing around with a 20-something medical assistant, thus plastic surgery for her I guess!

Just finished the book and I LOVED IT! With a little one of my own, and working from home, i have had very little sleep because i couldn't put it down!

Here's some stuff I loved -

1) LOVED what JA said about the jury (pretty much everything I've read here). I especially loved when he said "they weren't going to figure that out in 90 minutes of deliberation" regarding JF's comment about not really knowing what happened to Caylee. JF is the juror who was all over TV and went to Disney! He talked about how it SHOULD have taken a lot of work and common sense (among lots of other things). I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM!

2) LOVED all the times times he said Cindy chose Casey over Caylee! Even in the Dr. Phil interview, Cindy downplayed the fact that Caylee was thrown away like garbage. I hope KARMA strikes and Cindy is stuck with her (blank - blank - blank) daughter for the rest of her life!

3) First time I actually read the interview w/YM when Casey was at Universal and at the dead-end hallway finally told him that she didn't work there. At the end of the interview she said something like "my mom has already said she will never forgive me." Funny how JB said that in opening... I felt that the DT read this statement and BINGO they found the reason why the (blank -blank - blank) did not come forward about the "accidental drowning."

4) Loved all the comments about JB and the DT. Funny and true!

Loving to hear everyone's thoughts and comments - thanks for sharing!

Do not forget that it was GA's testimony to the GJ that resulted in the murder indictment. May be GA was not expecting DP. OCA went probably practically insane of anger at her dad after that gig.

I agree, rotterdam.

And I know that I'm in the minority, butI do feel a twinge of sympathy for GA. No doubt he's one very flawed individual, but to me he seemed the only one of the A's who made any attempt to get at the truth.

IMO, he was horrified and distraught when Lippman informed him of the DT's strategy going into trial not just because he was humiliated, but because at that point his last glimmer of doubt was erased. While he'd always been the most willing to admit his daughter's capability to lie, cheat, and steal, I believe that even he had held onto the tiniest kernel of hope that KC wasn't guilty. But when she turned around and accused HIM of molesting her and killing Caylee, then he KNEW she had done it.

That said, I would NEVER donate to a foundation that GA or any of the A's have so much as thought about being associated with. Let them all fade away and do their penance in private, on their own dime.

Their compassion was misplaced.

I don't think they had compassion for Casey really. They were just too lazy to do what they were chosen for. Much easier to just vote not guilty and brush the trial/responsibility off their shoulders. Too anxious for *real* food, the outdoors and post-trial perks.

I agree, rotterdam.

And I know that I'm in the minority, butI do feel a twinge of sympathy for GA. No doubt he's one very flawed individual, but to me he seemed the only one of the A's who made any attempt to get at the truth.

IMO, he was horrified and distraught when Lippman informed him of the DT's strategy going into trial not just because he was humiliated, but because at that point his last glimmer of doubt was erased. While he'd always been the most willing to admit his daughter's capability to lie, cheat, and steal, I believe that even he had held onto the tiniest kernel of hope that KC wasn't guilty. But when she turned around and accused HIM of molesting her and killing Caylee, then he KNEW she had done it.

That said, I would NEVER donate to a foundation that GA or any of the A's have so much as thought about being associated with. Let them all fade away and do their penance in private, on their own dime.

I share your views Velouria - he's a very flawed human being. Imagine being accused of molesting OCA AND Caylee and killing Caylee while molesting her in the pool - which was OCA last "confession" to her last two shrinks. Baez knew that wouldn't fly so only used part of it in his OS, but still....

I'm not sure how he didn't lose it completely with all that heaped on him. And yes, I wish he'd been a better stronger man. But it is what it is.

Great interview with Jeff, but he is being far too generous to CA when he says she was in denial all the time.... I think she was in denial for a few hours only, on the day they found the car, then it was all lies/cover up. She is a natural born liar.

I agree, I don't see denial in Cindy but I did see conniving, thwarting the investigation. Publicly trying over and over to convince everyone of a relationship with OCA that did not exist. In the end all her efforts worked for her. I don't see her having an excuse for her behavior because she is the Mother and Grandmother.

I agree, I don't see denial in Cindy but I did see conniving, thwarting the investigation. Publicly trying over and over to convince everyone of a relationship with OCA that did not exist. In the end all her efforts worked for her. I don't see her having an excuse for her behavior because she is the Mother and Grandmother.

Yes, I can see Jeff's point because Cindy absolutely refused at all points to face the truth even for an instant. In many ways she did her daughter an injustice because although she has her "freedom" OCA will always live under the double whammy of a "child murderer who walked". As if it isn't bad enough for the world to know you are a mother who murdered her child, to have the world know that as far as legal justice is concerned - you got away with it - double whammy. OCA will never be accepted by the public at large. (I sound like Geraldo..:banghead:)

If CA had been truthful - sure OCA may have gotten 30 years. But CA may have had an opportunity to reunite with her daughter. Now all she has is her daughter's scorn and hatred - and I don't see that changing at all. There are a world full of marks out there for OCA to target - she doesn't need "free ride Cindy" anymore - she has Jose....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back