Starting over again - Brainstorm session

I can't answer what her phone was supposed to be used for. But I believe LB had her own phone.

This has me wondering if Lindsey had a contact phone (cell) throughout the day Friday and only left it on the charger by accident after her stated shower. If she had a phone throughout the day pings would show everywhere Lindsey was that day. This would be good if LE see's a ping in an odd area for that time of day. Say for an example, a woods area where she has been told not to venture, or maybe being at an older adolescents home when she knows better. A neighbor of scenarios come to mind unless we hear the phone was on the charger all day leading up to a crime. Also if this cell was used only for contact maybe someone Lindsey knows may haveleft a message. Wish we were privy to the phone records for that week and day. So little to work off of as time keeps slipping by. I hope they are gonna zone in on this perp and throw the book at him, never to see the light of day. For what this person has done to a community & thousands who care they should be made acctountable at the time of sentencing.

That would be a very good idea but I would think the FBI
would have thought of doing that already I would think.
And yes it would be nice if we had alittle more info to go
on like the Pings you talked about. Good thought.

I also would like to see several people take that polygraph test.
IMO, if they haven't taken one, then why not?
We can call with all leads and concerns too, I DID.
Just wish I would have thought to ask about the above, DARN.
But you all could. Maybe the more, the merrier?
This dragging everything along soooo slow I'm afraid it will get to late!!!
Sorry, but this is just my worried opinion ]-:

I am not sure but, if a person takes a polygraph that it can't be used in a court law unless it is agreed with the parties prior to taking it. Seems I heard something like that just recently.

Lindsey's MySpace entries prior to her disappearance:

Lindsey Baum is happy that her brother is going to juvi tomorrow.
Mood: happ at 2:10 PM Jun 17
Lindsey Baum is bored as hell
Mood: bored at 8:01 PM Jun 8
Lindsey Baum cabt wait to hang with kayla agian
Mood: anxious at 2:13 PM Jun 8
Lindsey Baum i've been getting a lot of nightmares latley and i have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen
Mood: scared at 6:48 AM May 29
Lindsey Baum has joined MySpace!
Mood: good at 4:04 AM May 29

http://www.myspace.com/477760045

Umm, not sure how all of you want to do this so if I need to sit down and be quiet just give me the glare.

1. What kept brother from going to juvi?
2. excited to hang with Kayla again? Had something happend that kept them apart for awhile?
3. Did Lindsey have a particular teacher or Girl Scout leader to talk to?
4. IMO Lindsey didn't seem to confide in mom?

Novice Seeker

This has me wondering if Lindsey had a contact phone (cell) throughout the day Friday and only left it on the charger by accident after her stated shower. If she had a phone throughout the day pings would show everywhere Lindsey was that day. This would be good if LE see's a ping in an odd area for that time of day. Say for an example, a woods area where she has been told not to venture, or maybe being at an older adolescents home when she knows better. A neighbor of scenarios come to mind unless we hear the phone was on the charger all day leading up to a crime. Also if this cell was used only for contact maybe someone Lindsey knows may haveleft a message. Wish we were privy to the phone records for that week and day. So little to work off of as time keeps slipping by. I hope they are gonna zone in on this perp and throw the book at him, never to see the light of day. For what this person has done to a community & thousands who care they should be made acctountable at the time of sentencing.

It would be worth looking at serveral phone pings such as the mother, brother, mother's friends

Novice Seeker

It sure is terrible Eyes, I watched one video where MB discussed this very thing. I could be wrong, but what I came away with had nothing to do with JB. He wasn't involved in an overnight stay, and the last I read the argument happened behind the Shell Station on the way to KK's house. We know the bike was ditched there, or I should say discovered there a couple of days after she went missing. I think it was just left there and if JB walked all the way up to KK's house after he was told to take the bike back home, he doesn't mind too well.

It has been a weird day for me all day, so if I am too strong here I am sorry.

Something isn't right about the whole scenario from the incept of her going missing and leaving KK's house. All the "she walked down 6th till the trees covered her, MK couldn't see her anymore, then the dogs followed her scent south on 6th, the witness could have lived on Simpson between 5th and 6th, etc. I think is it mumbo jumbo because something known might not be safe or smart for someone to tell at this point in time. It is the only thing I can think of and it is at the nub of the whole case!

xox

I agree, the bike situation was never explained in any way that made sense and that includes the Mom's explaination.

Novice Seeker

On what little I know and my logic, I'm going to rule out those who are not suspects. I know many have different ideas and that's what makes the world go round:

Mom Baum - no access to a car; no history of violence of any kind; willingly took a polygraph and passed. A loving, single mom who tries hard to make ends meet. Ruled out!

Josh Baum - a socially awkward child who seems to be the target of many. At 12 yo he doesn't have the skills to murder and dispose of human remains that go undetected by LE, FBI, peers, and the entire town of McCleary. I have no doubt Lindsey would have beaten the carp out of him if necessary. Ruled out!

Mom K - Doesn't drive; no history of violence; makes visible attempts to help find Lindsey on all fronts. Genuinely cares and tries to be helpful to many. Ruled out!
Mom K's live-in friend - willingly took a lie detector test and passed showing he has no need to be in the limelight or clutter the search for Lindsey. Ruled out!

Lindsey was last seen by two different people probably about one-two minutes apart between 5th & 6th and Maple...this is probably where she was approached and lured/taken...

1. by a person she was slightly familiar with who offered her a ride home - only to keep on driving.

2. by a slightly familiar person with a puppy, a disability, or pretending to be sick, lost, or in need of help.

3. by a person who presented as an authority figure.

or in an attempt to turn away from something that alarmed her, she turned and changed direction only to run into a more alarming situation.

to be continued....
Lindsey was taken near a somewhat busy intersection, close to the police station, and at a time when locals would be closing their business and heading home on a Friday night...about 9:15-9:30. With this in mind, I seriously believe this person knew the layout of the town and was familiar with McCleary's activity of a Friday night. Perhaps not a resident but a frequent visitor.

If Lindsey got in a car with someone familiar under the auspice of being driven home...and the car kept on driving...I hope every inch of woods and water have been searched off the road she lives on..Mommsen Road. That's it for now..sure not much to go on.

I'm still not ready to rule out the mom. IMO she appears to be passive, unable to be the parent in charge, desperate for attention or perhaps affection. For several reasons there was quite a bit of stress in that home. Lindsey was missing a lot of days and her son was about to be sent to juvi. IMO suspect we still don't a good grasp on this family unit, yet.

Novice Seeker

It is true that we know less than we want to about the investigation into Lindsey's disappearance. LE is tight-lipped; local media coverage is spotty and light, where it even exists. Our beloved locals have searched high and low (and everywhere else, too) but may not discuss those efforts or findings with us. WS does not allow rumors or wild speculation, and the only person I know of who actually knows Lindsey, and McCleary, and was willing to post her thoughts online for us about what happened, has stopped doing so.
Rightly so, all of it.

However, LE has said that Lindsey was taken by someone she knew.
That's a good clue, and one we can work with.

Lindsey can't have known that many people. Even if she did know every single soul in McCleary, WA, the list wouldn't be too long for WS'ers to work through. Right?
Right. I'll start.
*We can cross off all the kids under 16; they couldn't have 'taken' her anywhere far enough away to hide her for this long, without a vehicle of some kind. Make that kids 15 and under (since I drove way before I 'could')
*We can cross off Lindsey's mom and KK using the the same logic. And Lindsey's dad, who is from out of town (and busy with other things)
*KK's POSSLQ (Person of the Opposite Sex Sharing Living Quarters; a census term, and my dad's word for my :innocent: live-in bf. It sounds like it looks) scratch because he took a LDT for LE already, and isn't in jail

Now. Let's make a list of who Lindsey knows:

I wanted to bump this forward to see if we could answer some of these questions. Sometimes if you reapproach the questions again might find an answer. Especially with new sets of eyes.

Things I find odd;

Lindsey comes home with friend, and takes a shower.
Does she ask her mom if friend can spend the night?
Does mom say no, so she takes a shower and changes clothes in hopes of spending the night at friends house?
If she was planning on returning within an hour, why shower at that time?
Is she prone to taking a lot of showers throughout the day?

After taking a shower, she, her brother, and her friend, take a broken bike with them to friends house, but it and brother are sent home due to fighting.
Where did this happen? Who sent them home;
or did they decide they didn't want to push the bike and threw it in the bushes, and the bro took off in another direction, b/c, if he was told to walk with his sister, and he went home, why wasn't he sent back to walk with his sister?

Where does mom work? What are her hours?

Why was Lindsey missing school, and her grades dropping. She likes her teacher, so that isn't it. She has plenty of friends so social outcast isn't the reason.
If mom is gone when it's time to go to school, is she not responsible enough to get herself up, dressed, and on her way? I don't believe the divorce was troubling her. They had been seperated for a couple years. and she rarely saw her dad. I simply don't accept that reason for her dropping grades and missing school.
Was JB also missing a lot of school, were his grades also dropping?

How long had they lived at that address?

The nightmares could have been a result of her choice in movies, and books. moo

I read on the doctor website, don't know where it is now, that he observed the town blaming the mom for letting her out walking around that time of evening, but, I wonder if there is more to it than that. I wonder if mom isn't around much and the kids fend for themselves. I don't know this, I'm just asking.

I noticed during the vigil pics from cyber and JvK, thanks so much again, that JB is standing directly in front of his mom when she is talking into the mic.
My observation of this is "Look at Me, Mom" and I wonder what he's thinking.
All the other kids were sitting, paying attention, but he was restless, moving about.
Why? for attention? Didn't want to hear what was being said? Wished he was anywhere else but there?
Mom calls him a wanderer. To me, that says, she often doesn't know where he is or what he's doing.

And back to the shower thing, I find the timing of it an important clue. I'm not quite sure why.
One reason I think it's an important clue is b/c if she did shower with the hope she was going to spend the night with her friend at her friends house, wouldn't she have taken her cellphone. If she expected to come back with her friend in a hour, she might not take it, but would she take the time to shower?

Why was she "happy" her bro was going to juvi? Does she not understand what juvi is? or does she think he deserves it? or does he make her life so miserable that she prefers him in kiddie lock up, than at home? This is a clue, imo.

Costal, Great idea! Maybe some of the locals that posted in the beginning here at W/S might want topitch in again. I would like to know when MB moved toMcCleary to establish the lenght of time Lindsey would have had to make friends. Lindsey did attend school in the area last year, correct? What about the year before? Also the amount of days of week and time she was at work. This would atest to the amount of time the children may have been at home, alone. durig the school year and beginning of summer. It is obvious by Lindsey's My Space comment that something in her life the late afternoon and evenning frightened her on the 29th of May. I'm hoping pings and phone records forthat day have been looked at aswell. This is the only account Lindsey seems to have put out there for us topay attention to. Leave it to the children to be authentic with their statements of fear. This is the biggest clue for me!

It is true that we know less than we want to about the investigation into Lindsey's disappearance. LE is tight-lipped; local media coverage is spotty and light, where it even exists. Our beloved locals have searched high and low (and everywhere else, too) but may not discuss those efforts or findings with us. WS does not allow rumors or wild speculation, and the only person I know of who actually knows Lindsey, and McCleary, and was willing to post her thoughts online for us about what happened, has stopped doing so.
Rightly so, all of it.

However, LE has said that Lindsey was taken by someone she knew.
That's a good clue, and one we can work with.

Lindsey can't have known that many people. Even if she did know every single soul in McCleary, WA, the list wouldn't be too long for WS'ers to work through. Right?
Right. I'll start.
*We can cross off all the kids under 16; they couldn't have 'taken' her anywhere far enough away to hide her for this long, without a vehicle of some kind. Make that kids 15 and under (since I drove way before I 'could')
*We can cross off Lindsey's mom and KK using the the same logic. And Lindsey's dad, who is from out of town (and busy with other things)
*KK's POSSLQ (Person of the Opposite Sex Sharing Living Quarters; a census term, and my dad's word for my :innocent: live-in bf. It sounds like it looks) scratch because he took a LDT for LE already, and isn't in jail

Now. Let's make a list of who Lindsey knows:

IMO, those 16 and under or persons without traditional means of transportation should not be ruled out based on that aspect alone. ATV's and other non-traditional vehicles are common in this area and used by various age groups.

IMO, those 16 and under or persons without traditional means of transportation should not be ruled out based on that aspect alone. ATV's and other non-traditional vehicles are common in this area and used by various age groups.

I have to agree with Boondock many younger people do use the ATV's. They can use some of those loggin roads as trails as well as their own back yards.

The male population in my home asked who's house was the hangout home, until parents got home from work. There's always"that" home that parents don't have a clue about where this age group experiments with all kinds of behaviors. I'm wondering if the younger somewhat with it young girls were invited to hang by the older crowd. Older crowd for Lindsey seems to be anyone over the age of 12. Once again I must ask who were Mom B's. friends before Lindsey went missing as the internet public has only heard about 3 women who are friends now but not so much until Lindsey went missing. Was mom nuturing new friendships since moving to McCleary? I just find it odd no friends of MomB are turning out to help her. Whats up with that? Mom has only new friendships to share her grief with. Was there know one for Mom B to give support other than a few family members. It just seems like Mom B had know one in her life look at her separate and aside from mothering. Were there no gal pals to cut up with? I bet Mom B feels blessed at the new close friends she has met since Lindsey's disappearence. I cannot imagine handling such a loss without my long term friends to lean on as they know me and my family better than anyone. Was life sad and fearful within the family?

An excellent point, boondock! Don't know what I was thinking, since I had a BIG crush on that cute 15yo old Whitley boy and his dirt bike when I was just about Lindsey's age..and I'd have gone anywhere with him on that thing (if he'd ever looked at me, that is)! :trout: << = me
(Also, Harry Oakes mentioned an ATV or a motorcycle...)

So. Add back in anybody old enough/big enough/lucky enough to ride something with a motor. Who has something like that?

I would like to know who Lindsey knew that owns a 4 wheeler or motorbike as well what ever age they may be...
I keep checking in hopes there is some new news for Lindsey I think of her daily...

hey great brain storming!!

I have always heard and understood that LE never clears anyone until they find who is at fault for the missing child.....now this doesn't me they don't use tools to help them put people at the bottom of the list :) they are though on the list :)

so that means we have to pick apart everything over and over again.....I hope that if MomB is reading here....she will understand that....knowing that is how we get to the bottom of things....let the process happen....its uncomfortable.....but needs to happen.....that is how LE-FBI work.....that is how we can get clues....to help find Lindsey

an idea maybe off the wall.....maybe outrageous....may not make since to us....we may believe/know its not true......but let the poster post it....comment on it....but don't attack it....

the idea that maybe dismissed by many.....could spark a thought in someone else.....that could lead to a clue....:)

keep going.....:)

That would be a very good idea but I would think the FBI
would have thought of doing that already I would think.
And yes it would be nice if we had alittle more info to go
on like the Pings you talked about. Good thought.
Welcome to Websleuths, YvonneCares!

I would like to know who Lindsey knew that owns a 4 wheeler or motorbike as well what ever age they may be...
I keep checking in hopes there is some new news for Lindsey I think of her daily...[/QUOTE

Being that LB was new in town maybe we should also incorporate the friends of LB that knew of people that had access to either a Atv or motorbike. We know that in this community many used the nearby ATV park. Think she would be comfortable especially if it is a friend of a friend.

Welcome to Websleuths YVONNE its great to have you with the team. Always good to have some extra help and fresh ideas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back