State Motion to recover Investigative Costs

We'll find out in 30 days. I hope ICA spends the rest of her life in litigation, without a moment's peace.

I hope every entity involved is able to recoup every penny expended.

That's not even possible if people don't pay Casey bunches of money. But that in itself is something that many people here are hoping and praying never happens.

It's an odd dilemma for folks wishing every possible harm brought to Casey.

If you want everybody to recoup their expenses, then you better hope that Casey earns big bucks and try to dissuade the actions of those who are working to prevent that (letters to media and boycott threats, etc).

That's not even possible if people don't pay Casey bunches of money. But that in itself is something that many people here are hoping and praying never happens.

It's an odd dilemma for folks wishing every possible harm brought to Casey.

If you want everybody to recoup their expenses, then you better hope that Casey earns big bucks and try to dissuade the actions of those who are working to prevent that (letters to media and boycott threats, etc).

I agree. I don't believe I have ever seen this happen before, and frankly, I don't understand it at all.
She already owes thousands of dollars in back taxes, and believe me, any money she might earn in the future will be collected by the IRS before the state gets a dime of it. She has to pay a $4000 fine imposed today by JP. That's money she doesn't have. How on earth does the state of FL think that it is possible to recoup their losses, and why do they think they are entitled anyway? It's their JOB to prosecute these cases. They are allocated money by the federal government to do this, along with revenue from taxes, etc. Would they have filed this motion if she had been convicted? HELL no!! So what is the point? Sour grapes... they lost the case and now it's payback time.
I think the whole state of FL has lost their collective minds.

I agree. I don't believe I have ever seen this happen before, and frankly, I don't understand it at all.
She already owes thousands of dollars in back taxes, and believe me, any money she might earn in the future will be collected by the IRS before the state gets a dime of it. She has to pay a $4000 fine imposed today by JP. That's money she doesn't have. How on earth does the state of FL think that it is possible to recoup their losses, and why do they think they are entitled anyway? It's their JOB to prosecute these cases. They are allocated money by the federal government to do this, along with revenue from taxes, etc. Would they have filed this motion if she had been convicted? HELL no!! So what is the point? Sour grapes... they lost the case and now it's payback time.

Not sure if it's true or not, but I thought money from the sale of the photos was being held in a trust for Casey that was set up by JB. She paid him $80,000+ then had herself declared indigent. The money from the photos should be accessible to Casey once she's out of jail.

Not sure if it's true or not, but I thought money from the sale of the photos was being held in a trust for Casey that was set up by JB. She paid him $80,000+ then had herself declared indigent. The money from the photos should be accessible to Casey once she's out of jail.

Really? Wow! That would be another slap in the face if true, IMO. I didn't think she could be declared indigent if there was such a large sum of money being held in her name. I was under the impression that it had all gone for her defense.

My hope is this: That the SA of Florida, ZFG, and TM are all able to quickly obtain an order to attach to any monies she may make telling her new lies to the media or book companies. The IRS will get theirs regardless. Then, let her go ahead and take someones money, only to have it go straight to the State of Florida, or TM, or ZFG according to the court orders of attachment. Then, I hope for no more offers. No more book sales. Nothing. That way, any blood money that she stands to make from this will never enter her hands and the hardworking men and women who were swindled will get some payback. MOO.

She will make money off the murder of her child, that is as much as a fact. She stands to make a bunch of money off of it. The reason the state is doing this is an attempt to make sure that she doesn't profit off of and at the same time recoup what would have been unnecessary cost if Caylee's death were an accident.

That's not so very hard to understand. She should not profit off the murder of Caylee when tax payers spent hundreds of thousands to prosecute her for "an accidental drowning" that she didn't report.

I haven't read through all of the replies, so forgive me if this has been said. The reason the state is allowed to file this motion is BECAUSE she was found guilty on some of the charges. If she were found not guilty on all of them, they wouldn't even be allowed to file this motion. Yes, it's their job to try these cases, but there would have never been a case if Casey would have just told the truth.

I have seen the State win money back from people who have filed false crimes. It happens all the time. The money and resources that go into them looking into a false crime is money that could have been spent on other cases. She should have to pay back every cent!

Also, I hope that when ZFG goes against Casey Anthony that ZFG wins BIG!! Like 38 million dollars big! Or more! That Casey will never see one red cent from the murder of her daughter. I am all for Tim Miller getting his money back. I am all for Jesse Grund filing a wrongful death lawsuit. Maybe even Caylee's fathers family... because I think LE knows who they are.

She better hope to get a rich boyfriend because I don't think she is even going to be allowed to see any of this money. At least I hope not.

One thing you also have to remember is that if Casey, as a product, is not selling and the "suits" are not making a profit... she will not make money in the long run. The suits are all about making a profit. We have to stick together and make a stand that we will not buy what Casey Anthony is selling.

While we have decided not to give her our money, there is the money she will make by doing interviews, selling pictures, etc. The media will give her the money.

These cases will ensure that IF she makes ANY money, she doesn't get to keep it.

On the flip side, the TV/News/Books/Movie folks need to realize that folks will not buy the product, so don't spend time and money making it.

Advertisers need to be aware that folks will watch to see WHO advertises, and they will hear about buying ADD time during a slot that pays money to Anthony.

One of the news people today discussed this and said she can filter the money through her lawyer so it doesn't go directly to her. OJ did the same thing.

I disagree with you. The state does have the right to sue her. In trial, her defense was that the child was dead from the start, and she knew where the body was from day one. BUT SHE SENT INVESTIGATORS ON WILD GOOSE CHASES, willfully and purposely, she wasted millions of dollars. She and Baez publicly berated LE for not following up on sightings of Caylee, and of not looking internationally for Zenaida.

So imo, the state has a responsibility to try and recoup the money that CASEY WASTED during that time. Especially if she plans on selling her story to Hollywood. She should not be able to keep all of that blood money.

No. All of that money was given to Baez even before she was charged with murder for attorney fees. That was discussed in court when JS still had the case. There was a lot more money contributed to her defense in addition to that from TM and AL, etc. They had to give an accounting for the funds.

I am all for Jesse Grund filing a wrongful death lawsuit.

Is that really even possible considering Jesse was knowingly not Caylee's biological father, and wasn't even with ICA when Caylee went missing?

I did see JG on one of the shows last night and he seemed to insinuate that he may sue the A's for defamation, for trying to pin everything on him in the beginning.

The whole Cummings and Croslin clan were hit with 250,000 fines, 15 and 25 year sentences so how will they ever come up with that kind of money? In addition to Casey's new fines I believe she was fined 10,000 on the check fraud. To just let Casey walk away from all the havoc she created is once again never holding her responsible for her actions. This is no different than fines for traffic tickets, etc. Going to be lots of lawsuits against Casey. Big problem for her is they can now prove she knew she was lying and misleading LE, citzens, everyone really. It was all very deliberate to deceive.

The hearing on this matter is scheduled for 8/25/11 at 9 am in front of HHJP.

She's going to have to pay the State back money. There's no doubt about it. The IRS will also stay on her like white on rice.

PLEASE DO NOT PROMOTE ANY KIND OF PETITION, EMAIL CAMPAIGN, BOYCOTT or any sort of organized effort on this website without first clearing it with Administration.

Thank you!

If there is any consolation here, it is the multiple law suits awaiting Casey. She will obviously try to make money off of her daughter's death. Hopefully, she will have to pay out more than she brings in, from telling her disgusting story.

I agree with repayment up to and including what is customary.

I take great issue with abuse of that power that might influence innocent people in the future admitting to crimes they did not commit and plead guilt or out immediately for fear of undue and unjust financial burden.

This happens frequently, just not usually in such high profile cases.

Citizens who knowingly or negligently waste public resources - police, fire, rescue, etc. - are often billed for the trouble. This can be as simple as a fine for excessive false alarms by your security system to the Runaway Bride. I believe she had to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $13,000 for a brief (less than a week) search. PS...here in GA making false statements could have gotten Casey up to 5 years and is a felony.

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/whitecollarcrime_blog/2005/05/runaway_bride_c.html

She may never make a dime. I doubt it. She may hide it with Jose. It's possible. But I support this action because she knew what she was doing and didn't care. Every dime they spent on her could have gone to more LE, more child protective service workers, more teachers, more firefighters...the list goes on. She stole from the citizens of Florida and so many more.

Honestly, I'll be surprised if some lawyer doesn't start a class action suit for the searchers who paid for their own expenses and those who donated food, water, and other supplies for the search.

Even if it were an accident, there is no excuse for allowing this outpouring of time and money, and searchers risking their personal safety while she sat on that knowledge. NO EXCUSE.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back