State rests rebuttal case - thread #167

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone give me ANYTHING that the defense or this doctor has accomplished that has helped them in the 2 hours he's been on the stand?

I have to admit I didn't see so much of the point of why Dr D asked JA to take a retrospective test. As he is saying it's an idea but you've still JA's perception today how she was then....

Now that he has blathered on and on about all of his connections to ' family violence' and 'domestic abuse' and all of 'his' journals about the subject, he seems much less credible, imo. It seems to me tha he would just ASSUME that she was a victim, because just like ALV, that is his wheelhouse.

Did you catch when he said something about ' those growing up in homes like this.'

Whose home was he referring to? JA or Travis?

Wilmott thinks it's so impressive that ALV and this guy has written articles. Blah blah blah. She acts like that is the end all be all.

My sister has written articles and she hasn't even graduated from her PHD program yet. I have written articles and have only been practicing law for 6 years. Every professional should, it's a way of giving yourself credibility. So the fact that they may have had time to write 300 articles and give "keynote speeches" on other peoples work instead of actually treating anyone or discovering anything novel doesn't impress me at all.

I very rarely take photos of Travis's family. I feel like they've been exposed enough and hate the shots when they are sad.

I understand - I am just glad they (the Hughes, Deanna, and other friends and family) can be there in solidarity.

A Working Hypothesis and a Floating Profile met in a bar...

Ruh roh, someone said if he said "working hypothesis" again they were going to do something...he said it again!!! ;)

The DT says Jodi has PTSD, posttraumatic disorder. Uhm so what? It doesn't help her case in the slighest. I don't care if she's so traumatized by the killing of a man that she can't sleep at night, it takes nothing away from premedidation. It proves nothing with regards to self defense. All it says is that she's allegedly messed up and in a fog (sure wasn't in a fog when she deleted those pictures though) after planning and killing a man.

witness: Children who grow up in homes like THIS

:waitasec: What exactly are you speaking about when you say "like this" sir???

I just asked the exact same question. Whose home was her referring to?

None of these experts (state's experts included) even agree on anything. What hope is there to really help victims of abuse and trauma!?

Hoping and praying that the judge gave the defense team until lunchtime to finish, then the prosecution can have the rest of the day. I can see JW going until 4:00 and leaving Juan an hour (or however long the judge is REALLY willing to stay) to cross.

.....hmmmm... a point for the prosecution - the test being done retrospectively is not ideal....well d'uh....that's what we all said all along anyway...and you can't change that....yay...

Ideally, would it be more accurate if Jodi would have been describing an actual event?

How do the scores calculate if she is answering based on an incident that happened when she was teenager?

Would those factors be pertinent to obtaining a reliable evaluation?

ETA: Spoken in a high pitched voice with short, clipped words - just like JW

Is this witness flirty with JW? He is giggly and odd.. Not coming off as a professional at all to me at least...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member