State v Bradley Cooper 03/31/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky you! My mil and fil love me lots, but I'm pretty sure I'll never get nice diamond earrings from them!

Brad wanted the exterminator cancelled - guess living with bugs in your kitchen just didn't bother him all that much. But after the look on HP's face regarding the cleanliness (or lack thereof) of Brad's room and bathroom, I don't think any level of filth bothered him. Oh, wait, the mess left over after a murder was where he drew the line.

Well, in the summer of 2008 the ants were insane here in Eastern NC. I really had a hard time getting rid of them. I was home everyday too.

Exterminator service is not cheap.

Watching HP now too... and I agree.. best friend witness for sure. So sad.

When I was about 14 and called EVERYONE my "Friend" my father would always set me straight about the difference between "friends" and "acquaintances". He said, "When you get to be my age (my age now) and you can count REAL friends on one hand, you are doing something right and should be very thankful". He was right! Nancy, had a quiver full!! :)

I'm pretty sure they were right around 1ct total. And oh so missed.

How big were NC's earrings?

Without screw backs? Wow. No wonder they are missed!!!

Not sure we've heard a carat weight. Does someone else know?

I've seen pictures and can only go from there.

There has been no testimony about the caret weight of NC's earrings.

Email.

One earring was removed because it was about to fall out when they found her and taken into evidence. The other one was noted during the autopsy.

Thanks. I need to hear the date on that. Have to get to that sometime tomorrow.

I know that we (general public) learned about the other earring being taken out before NC's body was taken to the ME during testimony. Because of the autopsy only indicating 1 earring, most (I guess everyone other than law enforcement and attorneys) thought that the other earring was missing and not in the custody of the police.

Well, in the summer of 2008 the ants were insane here in Eastern NC. I really had a hard time getting rid of them. I was home everyday too.

Exterminator service is not cheap.

Yeah those pesky ants that like to invade your house overnight in the summer are annoying. A little Terro gets rid of them quickly. The Terro stakes outside do a good job keeping them away as long as you keep them fresh. A whole lot cheaper than extermination too.

Still listening to testimony today.. but I have to admit this stuff was much more PRO prosecution than other days.. I really think things are coming to a head in this and they are proving the case of boatload of circumstantial evidence.

When I was about 14 and called EVERYONE my "Friend" my father would always set me straight about the difference between "friends" and "acquaintances". He said, "When you get to be my age (my age now) and you can count REAL friends on one hand, you are doing something right and should be very thankful". He was right! Nancy, had a quiver full!! :)

Yes, Nancy did have a 'quiver full' of friends. She was far away from her family, she couldn't work, she had two small children, a husband that had a LOT of his own things going on. IMO she looked for friends to fill up her days and it looks like she spent a lot of time out of the house in the evening if she could - maybe it was better for her to be out of the house when Brad was in the house. Nancy knew her emails were being read by Brad, suspected the phones were being recorded, she was being controlled in so many ways - being out with friends and neighbors was her only means of controlling her out of control life.

After vacation when Nancy returned it seems things got even more tense in the house they went into 'hate mode'.

Brad knew what it was like to have both Nancy and the girls out of the house. Possibly when Nancy got home more than the normal arguments occurred all week and when Nancy came home from the party, things got very very out of control and Nancy's life was ended.

Yes, Nancy did have a 'quiver full' of friends. She was far away from her family, she couldn't work, she had two small children, a husband that had a LOT of his own things going on. IMO she looked for friends to fill up her days and it looks like she spent a lot of time out of the house in the evening if she could - maybe it was better for her to be out of the house when Brad was in the house. Nancy knew her emails were being read by Brad, suspected the phones were being recorded, she was being controlled in so many ways - being out with friends and neighbors was her only means of controlling her out of control life.

After vacation when Nancy returned it seems things got even more tense in the house they went into 'hate mode'.

Brad knew what it was like to have both Nancy and the girls out of the house. Possibly when Nancy got home more than the normal arguments occurred all week and when Nancy came home from the party, things got very very out of control and Nancy's life was ended.

This is how the State should talk to the jurors during closing...

Thanks. I need to hear the date on that. Have to get to that sometime tomorrow.

I know that we (general public) learned about the other earring being taken out before NC's body was taken to the ME during testimony. Because of the autopsy only indicating 1 earring, most (I guess everyone other than law enforcement and attorneys) thought that the other earring was missing and not in the custody of the police.

Was able to find it quickly. In Part 4 of today's testimony, starting around 15:25. It was a recent statement to prosecutors to clarify portions of her earlier statement. I didn't hear a specific date. But, she did mention in the statement that they were screw back earrings and therefore would be complicated to take off.

I think HP was a not only a great friend to Nancy but a great witness for the State. I find it impossible to imagine that the jurors aren't seeing how different Nancy's friends and family reacted to her missing, in contrast to how Brad reacted.....

It is so interesting that two people can watch and walk away with such different impressions. I took note of the fact that she lied under oath today but I don't see any mention of that here. She put in an addendum to her affidavit on the case because she "remembered" that the earrings were screw-back. She was so sure that she had to adjust her statement. When Kurtz asked her how she knew that she said "I just did, I just knew". Then he showed her that indeed they are not, they are the standard earrings with backs. So Kurtz asked "so your update was inaccurate?". Yes, yes it was. That did not leave a positive impression with me at all and it negates all of her testimony as untrustworthy, imo.

Well, there is where the inconsistency comes from. BC says he cleared it a week prior but then JA (I think) recalled a conversation that Wednesday where NC made the comment to BC 'yea but you still can't get a vehicle in'.

Don't know if they will, but they might call the "bug man" that had come to their house for periodic service in the past.

Remember the bugs, ants, etc., that were in the kitchen when Nancy returned? They called him & he came -- he may testify re the garage never having room for one car since he had been there for service several times.

I'm sure when you've got people talking separation/divorce there's much more of that email reading going on than people are aware of. I think that's how many people find out one is cheating on the other. I don't find anything so different about BC doing it other than having it secretly forwarded. I bet many of his neighbors sneak and read their spouses email, the ones with rocky marriages. I do not condone it at all, and think it's illegal, but just don't think it's unusual among the problem marriages.

I've been leaning towards BC being innocent, but some on here seem to know of some evidence the prosecution has so I am awaiting that now.

One thing I wondered, if he did do it, is if he set a web cam up to watch the kids, a site he could temporarily access while out.

Does the theory some of you have in secret involve a man friend? I'm so curious, please tell. Pam.

It is so interesting that two people can watch and walk away with such different impressions. I took note of the fact that she lied under oath today but I don't see any mention of that here. She put in an addendum to her affidavit on the case because she "remembered" that the earrings were screw-back. She was so sure that she had to adjust her statement. When Kurtz asked her how she knew that she said "I just did, I just knew". Then he showed her that indeed they are not, they are the standard earrings with backs. So Kurtz asked "so your update was inaccurate?". Yes, yes it was. That did not leave a positive impression with me at all and it negates all of her testimony as untrustworthy, imo.

I don't consider that to be a lie. I think she just "knew" like so many here thought they "knew" that all diamond stud earrings are screw backs. Mine are and I assumed all were as well. If you think about it, how would she know that those earrings were screw backs when NC never took them off?

She couldn't have just been mistaken. It must be that she lied under oath.

I don't consider that to be a lie. I think she just "knew" like so many here thought they "knew" that all diamond stud earrings are screw backs. Mine are and I assumed all were as well. If you think about it, how would she know that those earrings were screw backs when NC never took them off?

Her testimony was the best I have seen. She was completely believable, she was absolutely her best friend, they hung out almost every day and talked several times a day. Just this one small thing about the earrings will not have the jury believe she is making things up, there is nothing outrageous to her testimony they shouldn't believe.

She couldn't have just been mistaken. It must be that she lied under oath.

Yup, and everything else she said was a lie. It's all part of the FON conspiracy. I wonder if there will be similar trashing of the Friends of Michelle when that trial starts.

Now that would be more like it for me as for evidence. If he did replace the chain, and it is the least bit different then that's it for me. I cannot think of any reason for the chain to change from Friday to Saturday. If indeed that happened you would think with high magnification they could find one little difference but would it have broken?

I guess it's possible she got mad and threw it at him if they fussed about money at all Saturday morning. But he would have said so. Maybe. Has there been an explanation as to why it was in the cabinet or drawer later? Pam

Thinking about the way she loved that necklace & wore it so faithfully -- I think the only way she would give it up is over her dead body.....
icon9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member