State v Bradley Cooper 3-21-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Brad was apparently in love with 'that b!tch' (his words to describe her when he told Donna Rentz he was going to sue her). If those are his words of endearment and when he's in love with someone, just imagine what names he uses when he despises someone! Of course, given her predilection of cheating and going after married men, I think she and Brad deserve one another. And now he's single! so go get him Heather!

Originally Posted by ohiogirl
Is Heather on the witness list, anyone know?

I keep asking the same thing and others have said no...

Didn't realize we had insight to everyone on the witness list(s). Are they (states+defense) public record also?

There are 2 young ladies that sit directly behind the defense table and are in fact part of the defense team....perhaps paralegals?

OK. Thanks!

The more I think about that little exchange, I wonder what was so important to him that he started talking Kurtz' ear off...The photos were being shown to the jury, they were talking about the drainage basin, the top of the ditch bank, the yellow sheet covering Nancy, one showed her partially exposed, boots, the mud, etc.

Then he scribbles the note, hands it to someone behind him (paralegals?), smirks, and 5 seconds later the judge says they need to take a break for one of the jurors.

I dunno. I've watched it several times. Not sure what set off his little chat with Kurtz...

What part of her words and exaggerations lead you to think he is being unfairly accused of murder?

She said (the night before) they were 'back in hate mode.' She said he had refused to give her money that day. Brad does not refute this in his deposition. J.A. testified that she personally saw the tension between Brad & Nancy the Tues before she was murdered. There's a witness who saw Brad screaming @ Nancy in the parking lot of Triangle Academy. How many instances need to be corroborated? And there is other evidence, that has nothing to do with what Nancy told anyone. It is that evidence which certainly landed Brad in jail.

And when that evidence is proven in court, I will jump off the fence. Until then, here I sit :fence:

I think their relationship was horrible. The way they treated each other was beyond ridiculous. But none of that proves he murdered her. I certainly hope the DA is getting to real evidence soon.

And when that evidence is proven in court, I will jump off the fence. Until then, here I sit :fence:

I think their relationship was horrible. The way they treated each other was beyond ridiculous. But none of that proves he murdered her. I certainly hope the DA is getting to real evidence soon.

I wasn't asking what PROVED he murdered her...I was asking what specifically causes you to believe he should not have been charged with murder? You are linking Nancy's words and 'exaggeration' to Brad being accused of murder. I'm asking why you believe he is standing trial for that murder? Do you believe it's because of Nancy's 'exaggerations?'

One of the biggest things I took away from today is how you absolutely cannot rely on the media to keep you informed. The way they got the information on the earring 100% wrong was crazy! If people reading their report believe that, they will have a very skewed view of this investigation.

I'm just thinking about how the cross examination will go tomorrow. After the obvious anguish the mother went through today, how in the world will the defense approach her? Wonder what their main questions will be.

I wasn't asking what PROVED he murdered her...I was asking what specifically causes you to believe he should not have been charged with murder? You are linking Nancy's words and 'exaggeration' to Brad being accused of murder. I'm asking why you believe he is standing trial for that murder? Do you believe it's because of Nancy's 'exaggerations?'

I certainly hope that wasn't why he was arrested. But it's about all we've heard through 2 weeks of the trial.

I'm just thinking about how the cross examination will go tomorrow. After the obvious anguish the mother went through today, how in the world will the defense approach her? Wonder what their main questions will be.

Probably more of the non-testimony, hearsay sort of questions like, "Are you aware that Brad _____________." (Fill in the blank)

One of the biggest things I took away from today is how you absolutely cannot rely on the media to keep you informed. The way they got the information on the earring 100% wrong was crazy! If people reading their report believe that, they will have a very skewed view of this investigation.

Exactly. How much debate has their been on this forum about her only having 1 earring.

Hopefully Kurtz will pass. IMO, there is nothing to gain in any questions for her.

On another note, wral does not have the mom's full testimony video. It says it is part 8 of day 8, but it's a repeat of part 7. I saw part of it, but would like to see it in its entirety.

I certainly hope that wasn't why he was arrested. But it's about all we've heard through 2 weeks of the trial.

I agree. I'm starting to get a little worried there isn't much more than what they've given (which to me doesn't prove guilt at all).

There really needs to be more hard evidence for the prosecution to have a strong case here.

NC didn't just embellish her stories she told conflicting stories as well. To some she said Brad called off the separation because he realized it was going to cost him a lot in alimony and child support but to others she said the separation was called off because it would mess up the process of her getting a green card. Depending on which story you believe you can get a very different picture as to what was going on in the relationship at the time and what Brad's motives and intentions were.

They had a bad relationship, she tried to recruit divorce allies by painting a hostile picture, but that doesn't automatically add up to Brad murdered her.

Circumstantial evidence comes in many forms. Brad's actions before and after Nancy's disappearance are relevant. It is becoming very clear that Brad is an abusive, controlling man with no respect for women and no concern for his children (he probably thinks that children aren't real people). Even if he was angry with Nancy, there's no excuse for what he was doing to his children. Imagine two little girls coming home from vacation, presumably happy to see their dad, probably hungry and thirsty, to find old food and bugs all over the kitchen.

Right now, I see this leaning to crime of passion, but this is scheduled to last 8 weeks - lots of time for the hard evidence. I'm looking forward to testimony from Nancy's father. I understand they were very close, and he did ask the all important question: was she going to be safe with Brad. That certainly didn't come out of the blue.

There really needs to be more hard evidence for the prosecution to have a strong case here.

NC didn't just embellish her stories she told conflicting stories as well. To some she said Brad called off the separation because he realized it was going to cost him a lot in alimony and child support but to others she said the separation was called off because it would mess up the process of her getting a green card. Depending on which story you believe you can get a very different picture as to what was going on in the relationship at the time and what Brad's motives and intentions were.

They had a bad relationship, she tried to recruit divorce allies by painting a hostile picture, but that doesn't automatically add up to Brad murdered her.

BBM

Agreed. Nothing has been proven yet. I sure hope there is more to come. Even though I fully believe Brad did it, if I was a juror right now I could not convict him based on what's been testified to so far.

IMO

Hopefully Kurtz will pass. IMO, there is nothing to gain in any questions for her.

On another note, wral does not have the mom's full testimony video. It says it is part 8 of day 8, but it's a repeat of part 7. I saw part of it, but would like to see it in its entirety.

I keep refreshing hoping it will be up soon. I didn't hear the end of her testimony and I want to.

I agree. I'm starting to get a little worried there isn't much more than what they've given (which to me doesn't prove guilt at all).

Rumor- I can't remember where I saw it but something about a piece of straw in his car. (The agent today called it "hay" but I really believe he meant straw when he referred to the stuff put down in the area near where her body was found "like when somebody is trying to grow grass".) If they found a piece of straw in his car, that would be pretty darned incriminating.

When I saw that, I got the impression that the reporter had a preconceived idea and, regardless of what was said in court, they couldn't update their understanding. That's sad.

When I saw that, I got the impression that the reporter had a preconceived idea and, regardless of what was said in court, they couldn't update their understanding. That's sad.

I've had some experience with media and they OFTEN get it wrong. I'm not saying this is all, but many are more interested in the attention and not the truth.

It doesn't sound like it was up to Brad whether the divorce was called off or not. She approached a lawyer, so she was going through with it regardless of Brad's reasons for preventing her from returning to Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74