State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is common knowledge (look on blackberry forums) that if you input an incorrect password 10 times, the phone will wipe (with warnings). The phone behaved normally when Det. Young entered the password incorrectly.

The password is different than the PUK code. The password would have been set by the user (NC) and the PUK code is obtainable from the service provider.

Well, according to my husband, the only explanation would be that BC did change out the SIM card. Either that, or the CPD changed out the SIM card.

My husband does have patents in this area, education, and years of experience...but he's definitely not as qualified as this guy. We'll see what he says.

But for me, my hubby (who has no idea this trial is even going on and could care less) made the pros story that the detective "accidentally" wiped the phone ring untrue.

Could it also be possible that Brad changed out his own sim card, which would explain the low mileage..aka low # of hours on it?? only keeping specific items like short video clip and pics of kids and current correspondences??.. Given Brad's understandings of such things..I wouldnt put it past him one bit!!

This witness is looking at and smiling at the jury? Did I just see that?

Why is Kurtz asking to approach the clerk for the second time?

I am leaning toward BC placing a different SIM card in NC's phone. Det Young would have known no different than that he had deleted the phone and taken responsibility when he did fess up. I think it was already wiped.

...or someone from the State could have made that posting, for that matter. (I am NOT suggesting that's what happened here. I think JW probably did post that and that it was an absolutely BONEHEADED thing to do.) I'm just saying it should be verified that JW indeed made the posting if it was considered in Gessner's ruling.

Assuming JW indeed made the post to WS, safe assumption since the state mentioned that they have no problem recalling JW to the stand. My question is which is the more boneheaded move: 1- JW posting to WS that he notified the defense that he was not a computer forensics expert, or 2- The defense moving forward trying to get JW tendered as a computer forensics expert knowing that he was not?

Yes, he is an odd duck. I liked how he rolled his eyes at the State while Z was rendering his acceptance of expertise. Then smiled at the jury.

I saw that too and thought it very inappropriate. He also made a little 'tsk, tsk' thing with his mouth.

Is it possible brad bought an identical phone to Nancy's as part of his planning?

Cingular SIM Card in Blackberry Pearl.

Wasnt it AT&T who was the service provider??? Hummmm who put that sim card in there I wonder??? IF it was Singular, why didnt Det. McDreamy contact Cingular for puk code??? Me is suspicious that Brad did swap out that sim card??

Wonder what kind of hypothetics Boz will ask this witness???

I think we are all in agreeance here that the CPD did not put this SIM card in this phone so isn't this testimony a little damning for BC if the jury has any reasonable doubt???? JMO

And it is possible that this witness may be shooting the defense in the foot. Wonder if the jury may be thinking that Brad wiped it totally clean.

Sir can you explain if you have knowledge of who may have put in a blank sim card?

just wondering....

Wasnt it AT&T who was the service provider??? Hummmm who put that sim card in there I wonder??? IF it was Singular, why didnt Det. McDreamy contact Singular for puk code??? Me is suspicious that Brad did swap out that sim card??

The thing that bothers me is it's not only the sim card that's blank, but the WHOLE phone. Not even pictures.

JMHO
fran

Assuming JW indeed made the post to WS, safe assumption since the state mentioned that they have no problem recalling JW to the stand. My question is which is the more boneheaded move: 1- JW posting to WS that he notified the defense that he was not a computer forensics expert, or 2- The defense moving forward trying to get JW tendered as a computer forensics expert knowing that he was not?

#2 - plain out dishonest if JW did advise what he claims to have advised the defense of.

The phone model was old - no longer available on the market to purchase a duplicate.

I buy new old stock on ebay all the time.....haven't seen if NOS is available in phones, but it is with just about anything

Wasnt it AT&T who was the service provider??? Hummmm who put that sim card in there I wonder??? IF it was Singular, why didnt Det. McDreamy contact Cingular for puk code??? Me is suspicious that Brad did swap out that sim card??

Cingular was bought by AT&T. So, phone provider was AT&T in 2008, but prior to that Cingular, and was Cingular when the phone was purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288