State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he said during direct (so far) that he remembered everything else with 100% certainty. Yet after his first interview, he could no longer be sure that she said she was going jogging. Yet he said in the interview that he asked her why she was going jogging in the morning since it was so late. He was certain about it during that first interview...."yeah that's what she says she does" (or something along those lines).

You do realize Mr. Lopez doesn't even live in 'the neighborhood'. He isn't 'one of the clique'. If you think a morally sound man like Mr. Lopez is going to change his story and lie to follow the 'party/neighborhood line', I feel for your cynicism. Mr. Lopez said 'he wanted to be sure he stated what he himself heard personally, and not what he conjured up from things his wife stated on the drive home, etc., hence his 'change of story.' Me, of all the witnesses we've heard in this case, I'd buy a used car from Mr. Lopez. I'd bet my retirement fund that he's not out screwin' around. In fact he reminds me a bit of my husband, couldn't lie to save his life. Certainly no brad cooper. Not by a long-shot IMHO.

No, if BC cried then we would hear that he was faking it.

Indeed, I think he faked not crying, because he knew if he cried, we'd think he was faking. If he could have done it, I think he would have cried out of one eye, the one facing the good cop, while remaining cool and dry eyed toward the bad cop.*

*j/k

I completely agree with Kurtz calling to show NC did have plans to jog, but I personally don't think that calls into question her plans to paint with JA. As NCSU95 pointed out, NC would have plenty of time to go for a run prior to going to paint.

Well it does contradict several (or at least 2) of the state's witnesses that said she didn't have plans to jog on the 12th.

The 2nd interview tomorrow will show how much he walked back the first one. IMO, he was not attempting to be deceptive in anything he has said so far - IMO.

Conceded. The part I heard did seem pretty clear and impression is too light a word for that. The second interview will be interesting.

I thought from his closing remarks to the CPD on the tape that my impression of him as truthful remained confirmed.

I believe he was truthful during the interview. Even now, he isn't completely changing his story...he's just saying he can't say with 100% certainty.

You do realize Mr. Lopez doesn't even live in 'the neighborhood'. He isn't 'one of the clique'. If you think a morally sound many like Mr. Lopez is going to change his story and lie to follow the 'party/neighborhood line', I feel for your synicism. Mr. Lopez said 'he wanted to be sure he stated what he himself heard personally, and not what he conjured up from things his wife stated on the drive home, etc., hence his 'change of story.' Me, of all the witnesses we've heard in this case, I'd buy a used car from Mr. Lopez. I'd bet my retirement fund that he's not out screwin' around. In fact he reminds me a bit of my husband, couldn't lie to save his life. Certainly no brad cooper. Not by a long-shot IMHO.

He works (or worked) with D Duncan. Are you suggesting that he didn't have conversations with DD after the murder? He doesn't have to be part of the clique to be influenced (even innocently on his part) by someone in that clique?

even if she had plans to go jogging/running, doesn't mean she was alive to do so, maybe I am missing something?

He sounds very confident during this interview that Nancy was going jogging. If he changed that testimony, then it solidifies the point that someone in the neighborhood was manipulating what information police received.

Which 'neighborhood'?? Mr. Lopez doesn't live in the 'neighborhood'. He never met any of these people other than DD before that night. And if you think Mr. Lopez lies could be bought, well, I sympathize for you then. Of all the witnesses called so far, my money for complete truth is on Mr. Lopez.

I completely agree with Kurtz calling to show NC did have plans to jog, but I personally don't think that calls into question her plans to paint with JA. As NCSU95 pointed out, NC would have plenty of time to go for a run prior to going to paint.

True, but I am still wondering about the JA painting plans that no one else knew about but JA. Also, the fact that JA said NC was expected at 8am to start painting, but JA also testified she didn't get out of bed until 8am.

Well it does contradict several (or at least 2) of the state's witnesses that said she didn't have plans to jog on the 12th.

I missed the early witnesses. So do these two friends of NC say that NC would NEVER go running without checking in with them first? And the prosecution believes it? That's ridiculous....desperate housewives indeed...

You do realize Mr. Lopez doesn't even live in 'the neighborhood'. He isn't 'one of the clique'. If you think a morally sound many like Mr. Lopez is going to change his story and lie to follow the 'party/neighborhood line', I feel for your synicism. Mr. Lopez said 'he wanted to be sure he stated what he himself heard personally, and not what he conjured up from things his wife stated on the drive home, etc., hence his 'change of story.' Me, of all the witnesses we've heard in this case, I'd buy a used car from Mr. Lopez. I'd bet my retirement fund that he's not out screwin' around. In fact he reminds me a bit of my husband, couldn't lie to save his life. Certainly no brad cooper. Not by a long-shot IMHO.

By the way, he didn't say in the interview that NC talked to his wife about going jogging. She talked to directly him. They had a conversation (ie, both spoke about the subject) and he included thoughts about how it made him feel. I'm just not sure how a person can be confused about something like that. I honestly don't know how you can dismiss what he said in the first interview with the detail he put into what he was talking about. So he either lied during that interview about asking her questions about it and explaining how he felt about it....or he was not telling the truth later when he said he couldn't be sure about it. He was not being 100% truthful in one of those 2 interviews.

Which 'neighborhood'?? Mr. Lopez doesn't live in the 'neighborhood'. He never met any of these people other than DD before that night. And if you think Mr. Lopez lies could be bought, well, I sympathize for you then. Of all the witnesses called so far, my money for complete truth is on Mr. Lopez.

He did mention that he was changing some of what he remembered based on his wife questioning it. I'm not saying DD or anyone else "got to him" but to say that he wasn't impressionable is not backed up by his own testimony.

even if she had plans to go jogging/running, doesn't mean she was alive to do so, maybe I am missing something?

You are not. But the state has basically said she had no plans to go jogging on the 12th. This is showing she did. And if she did, what else is the state wrong about?

I've made that statement many times. I see nothing (time wise) to indicate she couldn't go for a 5 mile run at 7:00 and get back to go paint at 8:00. Take the kids with her so that BC could play tennis at 9:30. We know he had tennis plans. So I have believed all along that all 3 could have happened (time wise).

On three and a half hours of sleep, after being too tired to jog the day before? This same 'sad, exhuasted-looking woman' Pedro Lopez described leaving the party that night before?? I don't think so. We'll have to agree to disagree. We've had other posters here speculating on what the food and drink, what effect those would have had on NC's Chrones disease. And you are suggesting a sick, sad, tired looking woman would have gone home, slept until 4:00 a.m., and then gone running?

I missed the early witnesses. So do these two friends of NC say that NC would NEVER go running without checking in with them first? And the prosecution believes it? That's ridiculous....desperate housewives indeed...

JA said she couldn't have planned to go running since she was supposed to paint that morning. CC basically said she wasn't planning to run on the 12th.

On three and a half hours of sleep, after being too tired to jog the day before? This same 'sad, exhuasted-looking woman' Pedro Lopez described leaving the party that night before?? I don't think so. We'll have to agree to disagree. We've had other posters here speculating on what the food and drink, what effect those would have had on NC's Chrones disease. And you are suggesting a sick, sad, tired looking woman would have gone home, slept until 4:00 a.m., and then gone running?

Didn't HP testify that she knew NC to go run while hung over?

Why are you changing the subject? We are talking about whether NC told RL that she planned to jog on the 12th.

By the way, I got way too drunk on New years eve a few years ago. Woke up and puked for several hours. I jogged 6 miles that day. It's what I do. I actually felt better after jogging. I always jog when I'm sick (except for a fever) because it clears things out.

Maybe I am confusing the two witnesses today.

Did NC tell Lopez about her financial situation? I remember someone saying she told them about how she was cut off from money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick