State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused...wasn't this the guy that went out and bought cleaning supplies in the middle of the night...and locked his kids passports in his car? I really do need to go back and find out what happened to that guy.

Nancy locked her children's passports in the car. Brad retrieved them, and then they agreed to each keep one of the children's passports to prevent either parent (most likely Nancy) from taking the children out of the country.

Are you talking about Brad?

So all of the reasonable doubt posters think that there is someone out there that did it? .
Really, you think that BC was that lucky?
I understand there is a faction that hates the "look closest to home" theory, but, Le couldn't rule him out Where else would they look?
If there is no one else, you have to look at who woud gain. It doesn't matter if there is someone else beyond a reasonable doubt, there is always the man in the moon, you have to go with what is the most logical answer.
there it is, the most logical,
did he get so lucky to have his dear wife offed by someone totally uninvolved in this peyton place drama?

Not all crimes are solved, you seem to be saying if there was no smoking gun it was anyone else. or since they could not come up with anyone else right away, it had to be him despite no evidence that it was. He is so lucky to have lost everything and has been sitting in jail for the last 2.5 years. WOW the luck.

Thanks for being honest.

I have changed my mind multiple times throughout the duration of this trial and could possibly change it again. I just can't "go with my gut" on this one. I don't think anyone should be convicted on one's "gut feeling". I think there has to be evidence that can be proven to show guilt before someone should be sent to jail for the rest of their lives.

Too many people are wrongfully incarcerated. It is a hard cross to bear to know you put someone in jail for the remainder of their life, having lost their children, etc, just to find out years later you made a mistake and this person was innocent all along.

While many people here feel you can convict on circumstantial evidence, I am not one of them. Everytime I though the prosecution has a smoking gun, it ended up being discredited by the defense. Again, unlike many others here, I feel the defense team is doing a remarkable job and showing reasonable doubt. That is all they need is the jury to find some reasonable doubt that their client did not commit this crime

I'm confused...wasn't this the guy that went out and bought cleaning supplies in the middle of the night...and locked his kids passports in his car? I really do need to go back and find out what happened to that guy.

yes, yes. i forget, what witness did that evidence come in through again?

Then it would be up to the pros. or defense to verify. Has either done that?

The prosecution tried to enter it, they would be the ones to authenticate it. Apparently they did not. Therefore, it remains an unverified document and unverified alibi.

What about the state of mind NC had with JP. They had phone calls, etc. Again, not trying to bash NC, but why is it okay for her to do it and not BC. I don't get it why he is deemed so awful at his indiscretions (and this one NOT being one of them, because noone has said anything happened with this woman), but NC is not. Very odd

I find it odd too, she was a victim, her death was horrid, but I don't understand the demonization of him while giving her a pass on all she did as if it shuoldn't be discussed in the trial and when it may very well point to someone else as the murderer.

How did he get lucky? Lost his children, his job, his wife, his home, his livelihood and his freedom, if that is lucky I want none of it. I personally don't think the police looked for anyone else but him based on directions from the housewives.

THey couldn't rule him out. If you want to look for a one armed man, go for it.

In all honesty, I am not sure if he did it or not. I guess most of me would lean towards him probably doing it, but I just don't feel that there is enough evidence to put someone in jail for the rest of their lives. I would need more substantial evidence to come back with a guilty verdict
I think "lucky" in the sense that he wanted out of his marriage. Best laid plans...and all that.

Know what I think? I think the Cary LE sucks. I think they presented the DA with a crappy case. But I also think that he did it. There you are. jmo

I also think he did it but I don't think the prosecution has proven he did it.

I think "lucky" in the sense that he wanted out of his marriage. Best laid plans...and all that.
Wow - if someone can out and screamed that they murdered NC and that it was not BC, I still don't think some of you would believe it. But, that would make BC very unlucky, huh? Lost his wife, kids, job, 2.5 years in jail. Not so lucky, then, huh?

I also think he did it but I don't think the prosecution has proven he did it.

That is exactly what I have been saying. You can not convict on what you "think". There needs to be proof. And the CPD screwed this up from the very begining. As Kurtz said: they are inept and he has proven this throughout the duration of this trial.

I am new here - as someone said earlier - I also had email problems.

I have a friend and we are as tight as we can be - and we have both discussed how JA called the CPD so quickly. My friend, who knows me like a book, has my back and knows all my secrets - said even she would not have called the police after a few hours. Things come up all the time - an sometimes it is just not possible or feasible to call and let someone know where you are and why. (oh and yes, at one time I was in an abusive relationship - not the "horrible abuse" NC claimed - I was actually BEING abused. My friend stated that at that time during my life - I wouldn't have been out and about - because I was in a REAL controlling and abusive situation.

OK, I did it one more time repeating approximately the same search he would have done. I'm sure the next response from Brad's team will be that he dragged first and then zoomed so it's totally different.

I did this with Win7 and IE8. I have a laptop with Vista, but it isn't healthy right now. I'm sure that folks on Brad's team will be convinced that the behavior is entirely different in Vista (it won't be). The tool I used does not show milliseconds. Feel free to find your own tool that does show ms and prove the experiment wrong with that. I'm done with it.

Here are the details on what I did:

First, you must understand that Windows Explorer does not show you the actual contents of the TIF. Instead it shows you something that is a blending of the source file on the Internet (the .cur in this case) and the temporary version on the local disk (the .bmp). The actual temporary files are treated as hidden files.

So, you need something other than Windows Explorer to see the raw file in TIF (unless you can find some combination of options that will cause Windows Explorer to show them, I couldn't).

I downloaded and installed a free program called FileLocator Lite. After installation, I ran that. It comes up with a main widow that is a search window. In the "File Name" field, I put "*hand*.bmp" and then clicked the arrow to start searching.

Once I found the two files, I clicked right and selected "Delete", but it wouldn't' let me delete them because IE was running. So, I closed IE and then deleted the files.

Then, I restarted IE. In IE, I went to www.google.com. I then clicked the left mouse button on "Maps" at the top. When I got to the Maps page, I put in "27518" and clicked "Search Maps" with the left mouse button. The hybrid satellite/roads map came up. Because I didn't have a prayer of finding Fielding Drive without zooming, I clicked the left mouse button on the "+" at the top of the slider at the left. I clicked a total of 4 times on the "+".

Once zoomed in at that level, I clicked and held the left mouse button and dragged the map to the left looking for Fielding Dr. I was panning mostly due east and thought I had gone too far without finding it. So, I released the mouse button for a couple of seconds to take a look and get my bearings. Then realized that I needed to go south. So, I again clicked the left mouse button and held it and started dragging the map upward (to go south) until I saw Lily Atkins. Then I knew where I was, so I started dragging some combination of left and up until Fielding Dr was in the middle of the map.

I then went back to FileLocator Lite and repeated the search for
"*hand*.bmp". Once the two files were found, I adjusted the columns to get all of the fields viewable.

I then screen captured the information. I copied that image and pasted it into a blank Powerpoint document. Because my username is in the directory path, I put a square over that part of both paths. I changed the color of the outline and the fill of the square to black. I then grouped the picture and the square. I then clicked right on the object and selected "Save as Picture". I picked JPEG for the format. I named the file "hands2.jpg".

I had to then mail the .jpg file from one e-mail account to the other to get it to the laptop that I wanted to post from. I attached the results below.

Enjoy.

Several subtle things different between what you did and what I did. It will be tomorrow before I can test again. Was IE still active when you grabbed the file dates or had you exited IE as you need before deleting the .bmp files?

Thanks for all the clarification.

I find it odd too, she was a victim, her death was horrid, but I don't understand the demonization of him while giving her a pass on all she did as if it shuoldn't be discussed in the trial and when it may very well point to someone else as the murderer.
And that is what the jury will ultimately decide. Nancy has no voice other than the State. How is attacking the victim considered fair here? If the State doesn't prove its case, so be it. If they're convinced they have the right person than in their minds justice will not have been served. This is ultimately about finding justice for Nancy. She is not on trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong