State v Bradley Cooper 4-28-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh crap, the tornado siren in my community just went off.

This is concerning. They have stated in writing they are impatient and want their lives back (understandable, but this is life, deal with it). Hopefully they are not going to get into the deliberation room and make a decision within a couple of hours. Regardless of the verdict.

Remember the O.J. trial? Wasn't it something like 3 hours, including lunch?

IMHO, the closing on this one better be GOOD!

I'm seriously not so sure as I was at the beginning.

Of course, isn't that how the jury is supposed to be, even at this time?

No decision yet! Still open to both verdicts until deliberation.

JMHO
fran

I honestly respect you for saying that.

Significance of the necklace is that she got it 7 months before her death, she loved it, and never took it off. Her friends testified she always wore it, her family said she always wore it, witnesses at the party the night of 7/11/08 said she was wearing it as well.

When her body was found she was not wearing the necklace. That necklace was found in a drawer in the room where her estranged husband was sleeping, along with some of her other jewelry. The police got it via a search warrant in Oct 2008.

If a random attacker got her it seems likely they would have wanted to take the diamond necklace and diamond earrings. But they did not. I guess they liked smelly socks, running shoes, shorts, hair band, and cap instead.

Juries are a fickle animal and very difficult to read at times. But the fact that they actually sent a note during the trial asking it to be over tells me 1) that some or all of them are discussing the case in some form and 2) they've probably already decided that the defense has established reasonable doubt. Just my take on it...flame away.

Bingo. Its a message to the court that any remaining testimony/witnesses (defense) are unnecessary.

They've heard enough from the defense to raise unanimous reasonable doubt, the State is done with their case, the State's case is being discredited even more with every defense witness, no need to prolong this: acquittal.

Good point. Has there been any discussion yet about the spoofed call during the defense case?

EDIT: Oh yea, the defense computer expert, JW, discussed the what routers support an FXO and how big they are.

No. They only had JW point out the size of a 2600 series router.

Can somebody recap for me the significance of the necklace, beyond someone saying she always wore it? They said she always did, and she turned up in a bathing suit without it on at the store. She didn't have earrings on at the store, but she did when she died.

It's like the ducks, I can't understand what it has to do with much of anything and am obviously missing something here.

I thought they went from "she always wore it" to then theorizing that for it to be in the house BC must have taken it off her, for some unknown reason, and then left it around.

That's one problem with the state's case. Taking these marginal assertions and facts and then decorating them with imagination as to what it meant BC was doing regarding them. When the "fact" is blown away, it indicates the state has no problem associating its theory and conclusions with things that are now plainly seen to be untrue.

And didn't she leave for the evening party before Brad came home from work?

Do you not find it some sort of strange coincidence that he guessed something that she actually was wearing the day before at one point?

The jury should not have already decided on either side. Their note is a bit troubling because it implies they are done. Maybe they're not even listening anymore at this point...

I totally agree. Whatever the thinking it is not good for anybody. Do you think it is really the jury or a juror using the Royal "we" to add more credence to their own personal thoughts?

Just thinking they do seem to get along quite well. Maybe there is one who feels left out of the collective group? Who knows.

I don't understand why they aren't having the jury present for the information being presented this afternoon. As BZ keeps saying "this material is nothing new". No reason they should not be able to cross examine this. And now bringing in new router logs last minute. Come on!

It's the offer of proof from the expert that the judge did not allow. It's only for appeal purposes.

Significance of the necklace is that she got it 7 months before her death, she loved it, and never took it off. Her friends testified she always wore it, her family said she always wore it, witnesses at the party the night of 7/11/08 said she was wearing it as well.

When her body was found she was not wearing the necklace. That necklace was found in a drawer in the room where her estranged husband was sleeping, along with some of her other jewelry. The police got it via a search warrant in Oct 2008.

If a random attacker got her it seems likely they would have wanted to take the diamond necklace and diamond earrings. But they did not. I guess they liked smelly socks, running shoes, shorts, hair band, and cap instead.

They wouldn't have gotten it if it she weren't wearing it on 7/12 at all.

And didn't she leave for the evening party before Brad came home from work?

I believe so, and Brad apparantly did a beer run on his way home too..I wonder why he didnt pickup milk..oh yeah, he never picked up any of her calls that day did he..so wouldnt have known about the milk shortage:waitasec: But it is odd that Nancy doing her shopping at 245PM that day not to have purchased it IF they were low on milk???.

Im with many here who believe Nancy did wear that necklace and earings..and they (friends) could only say, she always wore it, or maybe could have said they recall seeing her wear it whenever they saw her....I just think Defense is wasting so much time trying to make every state witness out to be liars...and had agenda to frame Brad....

She likely did wear it 99% of time.but what is important, was she wearing it that night when she left the party at 1230... when last seen by anyone but Brad...

It's the offer of proof from the expert that the judge did not allow. It's only for appeal purposes.

Yeah I know. It shouldn't be though. This witness should be heard by the jury.

ETA: To be more clear, what I'm saying is the Judge shouldn't have supressed this. It's TOO important to this case.

Can somebody recap for me the significance of the necklace, beyond someone saying she always wore it? They said she always did, and she turned up in a bathing suit without it on at the store. She didn't have earrings on at the store, but she did when she died.

It's like the ducks, I can't understand what it has to do with much of anything and am obviously missing something here.

Her body wasn't found with the necklace. Her friends all said she NEVER took it off. It was found in the house (actually turned over in October). So the conclusion lots of people came too is that he took it off after killing her. He wanted to keep it because he paid so much money for me (which I have always found to be a ridiculous argument). And since he had it and she never took it off, he had to have killed her.

I am sure Brad Cooper killed Nancy Cooper sometime in the early hours of 7/12/08. I'm not sure he will be convicted for that murder though. Without physical evidence tying a perp to a victim and/or a murder scene, people are loathe to look at other evidence and they seem less inclined to believe any of it.

Call it the "CSI effect" if you want. Lay people are a lot more knowledgeable about physical evidence and how it's collected and tested. No one ever turns on a crime show and there is no physical evidence. Plus they see super fancy high tech equipment and graphics and animation.

Oh no, not me, I never believed them. I called bs on them during their testimony.

Sorry, I did not mean you but those you had referrenced. I should have phrased it:

People said they were gullible, and they believed it.

I happen to believe she was removed from her house naked, and jogging bra half on..so yes was naked. I do also think as an experienced jogger and marathoner she would NOT go out half naked, wearing 2 left shoes...I think that sticking point is going to be what most jurors will grasp onto..that the 2 left shoes were missing, and their mates still in her closet or where ever..as I speculate that Brad grabbed them not realizing he grabbed wrong shoes....

I am just answering your question..yes she was naked..and NOT alive when she left her house...and who knows what hour Brad removed her???

You would be amazed what some jurors grasp onto when they deliberate.so guess we will see just what they do..

Far more believable than some unknown random stranger, ran up behind this strong, physically fit woman who ran a mile in what? 8 minutes was it? and got the drop on her enough so there was no opportunity what so ever to fight for her life, scream, yell, kick, so all these sight witnesses would see/hear the fight for her life? I'm curious as to how fit this random stranger was? And why pick on a strong runner to attempt to over=power and murder, not for her earrings nor sex.

I believe so, and Brad apparantly did a beer run on his way home too..I wonder why he didnt pickup milk..oh yeah, he never picked up any of her calls that day did he..so wouldnt have known about the milk shortage:waitasec: But it is odd that Nancy doing her shopping at 245PM that day not to have purchased it IF they were low on milk???.

Im with many here who believe Nancy did wear that necklace and earings..and they (friends) could only say, she always wore it, or maybe could have said they recall seeing her wear it whenever they saw her....I just think Defense is wasting so much time trying to make every state witness out to be liars...and had agenda to frame Brad....

She likely did wear it 99% of time.but what is important, was she wearing it that night when she left the party at 1230... when last seen by anyone but Brad...

BBM

It's working. I remember JA's testimony vividly, do you? Remember how crystal clear she was on how NC would never, ever take that necklace off?

As a jury, how do weigh that testimony over what you just saw today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member