State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
wasn't it through the marriage councilor that Nancy found out the affair was 2 years? not a one time thing...and didn't he say at that time he was in love with Heather

Um, yep, that's my recollection, too. :liar:

Oh, he's just getting warmed up....imho

I imagine Daniels will be on the stand for DAYS!!! Don't you?

If he's the one with the goods, he may be the last one. But that could also be the Fed.

With her father up there today to set the stage for the depo, I feel like the ADAs are 'bout done.

Hey Cyberbpro-It's in there. Day 9. The officer was only on the stand 15 or 20 minutes. Mainly I remembered it because of that fine-looking officer, Kenrick Alexender, who testified about Mr. Cupper's Wild Ride. :)

And I agree, I don't think BC went there to find out if Gravedigger was going to make an appearance anytime soon.

Yes, it was just as you said -- including your remark about the purty officer!!:innocent:

Just as a matter of interest, is this the first time watching the deposition? I ask because when I first saw it I was very uncomfortable at the grilling he was getting. I saw it before I even knew what the case was all about having just clicked on it out of curiousity.
However, since listening to all of it, hearing about the case, and watching the trial this is no "circus sideshow". I'm convinced this is what could convict him especially as it seems there is no real other evidence.

Well I think that it would be terrible to be convicted because he was a terrible husband, forgetful, and selfish. If I were on the jury, I would have to see some hard evidence that BC killed NC. I couldn't send someone to prison for the rest of their life just because, he was a cheat, selfish, couldn't remember names, etc. I would have to see evidence.

Well I think that it would be terrible to be convicted because he was a terrible husband, forgetful, and selfish. If I were on the jury, I would have to see some hard evidence that BC killed NC. I couldn't send someone to prison for the rest of their life just because, he was a cheat, selfish, couldn't remember names, etc. I would have to see evidence.

Consider this police come to tell BC his wife has been found dead and he tells them about her red and black sports bra - the ONLY item of clothing she had on her other naked dead body.

This post got me to thinking... if there was one piece of evidence or testimony that you would point to as the most incriminating, what would it be?

For me, it would be BC zeroing in on the red & black sports bra in particular from a pool of several other available bras owned by NC, prior to CPD discovering or telling him that that was what she was wearing. The other facts and hearsay are interesting, but this stands out to me.

Gosh, there are so many little things. The bra is a big one, but so is her necklace found in the drawer.
The 6:40AM call is supposed to be his alibi. Ironically, the evidence surrounding that "call" points more to his guilt.

The jury will see that as well. It will come up in the deposition when he talks about how he even called her while she was still in Hilton Head to brag about how well he had cleaned the house.

Now I'm going to just throw this out there.

I was in a similar situation whereas my ex-wife was coming home from vacation with her mother and she had asked me to "clean" the house. I busted my *advertiser censored** picking things up but I neglected to wipe down counters, mirrors, scrub toilets, and I even think there were a few dishes in the sink. And yes - I'm sure there were ants somewhere. But overall - the house looked very, very tidy.

Long story short - my ex came home and freaked out at the condition of the house - and reacted *very* similar to the VM we heard in court yesterday. I was pretty frustrated and angry at my ex's reaction because I spend at least 2 hours tidying up.

So sometimes it comes down to one's perspective on what is clean and how sometimes reactions can skew the story. Not saying that's what's going on here...but again...there are always two sides to the story.

I was in a similar situation whereas my ex-wife was coming home from vacation with her mother and she had asked me to "clean" the house. I busted my *advertiser censored** picking things up but I neglected to wipe down counters, mirrors, scrub toilets, and I even think there were a few dishes in the sink. And yes - I'm sure there were ants somewhere. But overall - the house looked very, very tidy.

Long story short - my ex came home and freaked out at the condition of the house - and reacted *very* similar to the VM we heard in court yesterday. I was pretty frustrated and angry at my ex's reaction because I spend at least 2 hours tidying up.

So sometimes it comes down to one's perspective on what is clean and how sometimes reactions can skew the story. Not saying that's what's going on here...but again...there are always two sides to the story.

LOL, perspective, perspective. I am more lax about clutter than my husband....some things just don't bother me as badly as they do him. However, both of us are strong with respect to cleanliness.
I honestly get a strong feel that Nancy wasn't exaggerating (too strongly) the condition of the house when she returned. Especially after Brad went to great lengths to explain to her her how domestic he had been during her vacation. I don't know why he would deliberately lie about all that the had done as he must have realized that she would come home and see that things were not clean and orderly.

Agreed. But he was giving this deposition in October. If you had to explain it to someone after the fact, I have to believe you would say something about working so hard to clean but your wife didn't see it your way and didn't think you cleaned good enough. All he indicates is that she was upset because he didn't do the floors and the bathrooms. I think that's what he says. I haven't listened to that part in awhile.

ETA: Actually in thinking about it he would lie/exaggerate about his house cleaning abilities because this was for a custody hearing. He was fighting to get his kids back.

LOL, perspective, perspective. I am more lax about clutter than my husband....some things just don't bother me as badly as they do him. However, both of us are strong with respect to cleanliness.
I honestly get a strong feel that Nancy wasn't exaggerating (too strongly) the condition of the house when she returned. Especially after Brad went to great lengths to explain to her her how domestic he had been during her vacation. I don't know why he would deliberately lie about all that the had done as he must have realized that she would come home and see that things were not clean and orderly.

After listening to the exterminator it seems as though Brad cleaned the house at least to her usual standard of cleanliness. If that is what the house usually looks like I can understand him thinking he had completed the job.

After listening to the exterminator it seems as though Brad cleaned the house at least to her usual standard of cleanliness. If that is what the house usually looks like I can understand him thinking he had completed the job.

Could be--but if so, why was she so upset? And the ants.....

Could be--but if so, why was she so upset? And the ants.....

I think it was her complaint du jour. Not to mention she seemed to place blame on Brad for anything that may be considered embarrassing in front of her friends and family so basically blaming him for the mess covers her from embarrassment over the ants.

I think it was her complaint du jour. Not to mention she seemed to place blame on Brad for anything that may be considered embarrassing in front of her friends and family so basically blaming him for the mess covers her from embarrassment over the ants.

I think he was just a complete and total slob. Yellow sheets?

Also is placing him at the restaurant at a specific time and also specifies the time he was leaving work.

I just realized that the phone call verification is important and will come into play again when they talk cell towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500