State v. Bradley Cooper 5-2-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
But forget about the phone for a minute. Phone does not equal Google search no matter how much people would like to link the two.

McDreamy tried to unlock the phone. McDreamy did not touch that IBM laptop. Period. End of comparison.

Conspiracy theories abound with wild neighborhood wifi hackers getting into BC network, Kurtz initially claiming BC gave out his network password (hey, NO EVIDENCE of that!), CPD 'planting' something or 'changing' files. Those are some of the wild conspiracy theories that are laughable. I bet the FBI just rolled their eyes at those allegations too. Perhaps they shouldn't have dismissed it, but they testified they didn't see evidence of planting and I certainly don't see where they would put themselves on the line to protect some cop in Cary.

I think the defense spun a lot of scenarios and I think lots of people are ripe for the picking when it comes to believing scenarios. The mere possibility being suggested gets imaginations spinning.

First of all, I would love if we could stop calling him "McDreamy". It makes my skin crawl every time I see that.

Secondly, it was not the FBI that did the computer analysis. It was the Durham police/aka FBI task force. So a Durham police officer, and this was, what, the 5th computer he has done a forensic exam on? compared to GM who has done 400+ and has been doing it for 10 years? I think this is about experience level. And CPD asked DPD to do the evaluation for their case. Do you really think they are going to say "I saw a bunch of suspicious files on the computer at the very time y'all took custody of it. Shall I mention them in my report?

Actually, the FBI started looking at the computers end of July through August. And I'm fairly certain FBI did the test to "re-enact" the google search that Masucci testified to in September of 2008. So, I think they knew about the map before then.

Whatever is on the computer has got to be something major because it appears the pros would and have done everything possible to prevent it from being exposed. That bothers me that we won't know and ultimately has lead to all types of speculation.

Actually, the FBI started looking at the computers end of July through August. And I'm fairly certain FBI did the test to "re-enact" the google search that Masucci testified to in September of 2008. So, I think they knew about the map before then.

That's the first I've heard that. I think, FD, maybe? Someone who was in court when Chapelle was on the stand said they only found it in 2/11. Can anyone clarify?

Whatever is on the computer has got to be something major because it appears the pros would and have done everything possible to prevent it from being exposed. That bothers me that we won't know and ultimately has lead to all types of speculation.

It was the defense that bent over backwards and did everything they could to keep the computer evidence out of court. If they were so sure of this "tampering", why didn't they just say, "Bring it on!"?

When the defense in the OJ trial did their whole planting scenario I thought it was so ridiculous. Those same cops they said framed OJ happened to be in awe of OJ and said so afterwards (incl Furhman). Sports hero! Cops loved him. And the jury bought the conspiracy hook, line, sinker. That was 1996.

And here we are in 2011 and what does this defense team do? Throws that same tired conspiracy strategy against the wall. "Evidence was planted, evidence was changed, evidence can't be trusted. The cops are corrupt. Blah blah blah."

And people are eating it up again! It's 1996 all over again. The defense knows that many people are paranoid and scared and think one bad cop in one county = all cops are bad. What's scary to me is how right they are when they think people are gullible. They are playing on people's fears and it works.

But forget about the phone for a minute. Phone does not equal Google search no matter how much people would like to link the two.

Snipped by me.

Why do you want to forget about the phone? My response was to your post expressing disbelief of any conspiracy or LE tampering. The phone does equal police tampering, IMO.

Absolutely. I can't wait to hear the truth, if Jay ever comes back to share it with us. I fully believe there's tampering on that machine, and I think that's why the prosecution didn't want to open the door to Masucci's testimony. I just think it's disingenuous to state that the prosecution had no idea of tampering, when their witnesses testified that they did. Also, if you listen to Thomas's testimony, he states he gave the computers to FBI on July 28, 2008. FBI Agent Johnson said analysis was started immediately on the mac, and then he was told to speed up with the IBM, which was started in late August. The test where Chappell attempted to re-create the map search, was in September of 2008.

Snipped by me.

Why do you want to forget about the phone? My response was to your post expressing disbelief of any conspiracy or LE tampering. The phone does equal police tampering, IMO.

Phone =/= Google search

Phone was erased. I believe CPD did not intend for that phone to be erased. I believe CPD wanted any and all info they could get, including any info from NC's phone.

Absolutely. I can't wait to hear the truth, if Jay ever comes back to share it with us. I fully believe there's tampering on that machine, and I think that's why the prosecution didn't want to open the door to Masucci's testimony. I just think it's disingenuous to state that the prosecution had no idea of tampering, when their witnesses testified that they did. Also, if you listen to Thomas's testimony, he states he gave the computers to FBI on July 28, 2008. FBI Agent Johnson said analysis was started immediately on the mac, and then he was told to speed up with the IBM, which was started in late August. The test where Chappell attempted to re-create the map search, was in September of 2008.

It is hard not to wonder why it is Det. Chappell was the one associated with the Google search and not SA Johnson.

When the defense in the OJ trial did their whole planting scenario I thought it was so ridiculous. Those same cops they said framed OJ happened to be in awe of OJ and said so afterwards (incl Furhman). Sports hero! Cops loved him. And the jury bought the conspiracy hook, line, sinker. That was 1996.

And here we are in 2011 and what does this defense team do? Throws that same tired conspiracy strategy against the wall. "Evidence was planted, evidence was changed, evidence can't be trusted. The cops are corrupt. Blah blah blah."

And people are eating it up again! It's 1996 all over again. The defense knows that many people are paranoid and scared and think one bad cop in one county = all cops are bad. What's scary to me is how right they are when they think people are gullible. They are playing on people's fears and it works.

So now we're going to OJ? For the record, I'm a BII'er and I believe OJ was guilty.

If you want to bring up police corruption, we can easily bring up the LAX case, which is much more recent and in a county directly adjacent to Wake.

Your posts seem to continually change the subject.

Phone =/= Google search

Phone was erased. I believe CPD did not intend for that phone to be erased. I believe CPD wanted any and all info they could get, including any info from NC's phone.

They wanted it so badly they erased it twice.

Okay, I'm missing what I said wrong? I said both defense and prosecution originally wanted first degree murder or not guilty. my response was in regards to people saying the prosectuion did not believe in it's case. I said 'yes they did believe in their case.' They asked for first degree murder or not guilty. They did not ask for a finding of second degree. That they didn't object to the judges final decision, IMO doesn't say they didn't believe in their case. the defense objected for the purpose of future appeals. The prosecution doesn't have the appeals process in it's goal.

All I can say is Judicially it is unwise to give a limited verdict choice to any jury..given what has transpired in the past..and overturning of some verdicts after appellate panel's review testimony's dont GIVE jurors any other choices and choice the highest possible verdict,,,ALL or nothings does not always work..

I have watched many trials in the past years..and it is becoming more and more common for juror's to have more than Yay Nay for 1st or NG..

JMO...But why shut the door on a compromising verdict????

I would hate to be a juror..however, any hold out could conceivably create a RE-DO..and I am sure alot of testimony would be pared down to specifics in the re-trial..BUT lets just wait til we hear the closings in THIS case...OK?

If there is any tampering on that computer in that 27 hour period, I believe it was done by Brad.

Here's a conspiracy for everyone that is so accusatory of the police. How did Brad come to be staying with SH? Were they best buds? I went back and listened again and SH indicated that Brad called him indicating he needed a place to stay. SH worked for Cisco but he was not that technologically adept according to his testimony. But he did work from home, for Cisco. What a convenient coincidence for Brad. MOO

Phone =/= Google search

Phone was erased, and you do not believe it was intentional by the CPD. That is a very fair argument.

But when that detective wiped the phone, it was the shell of the phone (things like pictures).

All the call/text data is on the SIM card, which was also deleted. Wiping the phone does NOT wipe the SIM card.

The detective's actions wiped the phone itself, but that action would not have effected the SIM card data.

I believe you've forgotten that Brad professed to *love* HM. Still in Jan. 08, Brad told Nancy he was in love with HM.

and also admitted 2 year affair! wonder why she hasn't been involved in any of the proceedings

and also admitted 2 year affair! wonder why she hasn't been involved in any of the proceedings

Maybe because affair does not equal murder. She was involved with someone else at the time NC went missing, remember?

I know the technical data is confusing, but I hope I can clear this up.

There are TWO parts of the phone which were completely deleted on TWO seperate occassions.

One was by the actions the detective testified to, putting in the wrong password 10x.

The second, and possibly more valuable information, was on the SIM card. Deleted with no explanation.

The actions of the detective did not delete the SIM card.

If there is any tampering on that computer in that 27 hour period, I believe it was done by Brad.

Here's a conspiracy for everyone that is so accusatory of the police. How did Brad come to be staying with SH? Were they best buds? I went back and listened again and SH indicated that Brad called him indicating he needed a place to stay. SH worked for Cisco but he was not that technologically adept according to his testimony. But he did work from home, for Cisco. What a convenient coincidence for Brad. MOO

If he was wanting to do anything with the computer, he had access to it up until 7/15. Why did he wait until CPD took over his house?

And, if they had followed protocol he wouldn't have been able to access the computer, even if you do suspect him.

If he was wanting to do anything with the computer, he had access to it up until 7/15. Why did he wait until CPD took over his house?

And, if they had followed protocol he wouldn't have been able to access the computer, even if you do suspect him.

Do you know that he didn't do anything to the computer during the time he had access up until 7/15? I think the defense witness testified that the invalid timestamps were from 6/23 on. What files were deleted or in some way altered to cause all those invalid timestamps going back to June 23rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151