State v. Bradley Cooper 5-2-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my mind, once you start embellishing, especially in a case like this, you are lying. When you change the facts to get an outcome that you want, it is a lie. I agree Young lied also.

IMO, now that all the testimony and evidence has been laid out, there is more circumstantial evidence that LE intentionally tampered with evidence than there is that BC murdered NC.

Brad's behavior showed consciousness of guilt in everything he did from the moment NC went missing. The cleaning, not talking to her parents, not talking with the police, not showing emotion, not attending all the memorials, not acting like a husband that had a missing wife. He will be found guilty because of his behavior not the computer evidence.

If he had done all that, it would have been spun by some as him faking it, the same way he was accused of faking interest in and concern for his children.

It was a no win situation for him, but I find absolutely nothing about the behavior you mention as indicative of guilt. To each his own...he had his own provate family ceremony for NC, he did not talk to police because he was suspect#1 from hour #5, no emotion? some people don't express emotion the same. Everyone knows a person or two like this.

The real corruption started in Canada. When Garry R got a phone call during a funeral that his daughter was missing..and he turned to his wife and said this story is not going to have a happy ending!

Probably because he (like most) is aware that adults unaccounted for and missing for half a day, especially mothers, are usually not missing because they want to be.

Mr. R's reaction has nothing to do with suspecting BC as soon as he got that call IMO.

I just went and checked because I wanted to make sure I'm giving correct info. You do have to click "text details" but this is what I get:

Date

Time

To

From

Direction

Message Type

Do you have the same carrier they used? The same plan they used? Even yours doesn't tell you waht the text message said.

If he had done all that, it would have been spun by some as him faking it, the same way he was accused of faking interest in and concern for his children.

It was a no win situation for him, but I find absolutely nothing about the behavior you mention as indicative of guilt. To each his own...he had his own provate family ceremony for NC, he did not talk to police because he was suspect#1 from hour #5, no emotion? some people don't express emotion the same. Everyone knows a person or two like this.

To me, it really isn't a case of.. to each his own.....it is always the guilty claiming that it is a no win to show emotion and loss. He didn't show emotion because he didn't feel any emotion. I really doubt he consciously thought ...I won't show emotion because they will say I am faking! The defense stayed away from his behavior and focused on the computer and phones.....not by accident, they couldn't answer to his behavior. The same is true to all that claim he is innocent.....all they discuss is the technical evidence and try to claim tampering. It is smoke. We will see how the jurors see it soon enough. I think they will see it all for what it is........

It's takes a lot more stretching to make someone else responsible for NC's murder. Say, like JP. First you have to manufacture some motive that claims him as the father of NC's 2nd child, him finding this out, even though NC told him baby K wasn't his, him having a problem, him wanting to kill NC to avoid detection as baby K's father. Mmmmkay.

Then you have to make sure he knows where she is on 7/12/08 by 7am, is able to murder her with no defensive wounds, is able to dispose of evidence of that murder, dumps her body in broad daylight, not have anyone see him...oh...and it really, really helps that BC played along on his side, with all that cleaning, early morning HT visits, throwing away of his own shoes, disposing two mismatched shoes of NC's, guessing correctly the jogging bra NC was found in, lying and lying and lying, doing searches on the family computer that look like ones Nancy would do.

Yep, stretching to the point it could be a new advanced yoga pose.

Let's just start with what is bolded, how do you know she did not tell him the child was his?

He said in his interview with police he knew where she ran, she also said that she wanted to run with him.

We don't know BC threw away any shoes, there is no evidence that he did. the rest of all of your suppositions have been answered numerous times, you just don't want to hear anything that disputes what you want to think.

To me, it really isn't a case of.. to each his own.....it is always the guilty claiming that it is a no win to show emotion and loss. He didn't show emotion because he didn't feel any emotion. I really doubt he consciously thought ...I won't show emotion because they will say I am faking! The defense stayed away from his behavior and focused on the computer and phones.....not by accident, they couldn't answer to his behavior. The same is true to all that claim he is innocent.....all they discuss is the technical evidence and try to claim tampering. It is smoke. We will see how the jurors see it soon enough. I think they will see it all for what it is........

People keep saying he showed no emotion but even Chief B said that he was "devastated"

Nifong and J Edgar Hoover.

Yep, the terrible twosome. No one should ever be prosecuted if they live in North Carolina or evidence was examined by the FBI. Fruit of the poison tree; just the mention of either of those two names calls into question the very foundation of jurisprudence. If you can connect a case to either Nifong or J Edgar Hoover (using Six Degrees of Separation, Kevin Bacon style), the defendant should go free.

Those names were brought up because you found it unbelievable that a pros or LEO would risk their career and jail time by fabricating, hiding or destroying evidence.

Two examples: one local and very recent, one the example of investing too much power and trust with no oversight.

There are many, many more examples.

Regardless of one's utopian outlook where LE and pros would never intentionally do something illegal or unethical - it happens...that is a fact, not an opinion.

You think the state should have to go out and prove the defense falsehoods? Everyone is already complaining about the amount of time the state had to take in order to undermine the attempts of the defense to make it seem that they did not investigate the case fully. Do you want to add two more months? How would it help the case to go and prove that Brad is the father of his child? Or that RZ did have TONS of follow-up (although they did have to waste time with that today). The evidence is what it is and the job of the defense is to try to confuse the jury so they don't pay attention to the evidence. Hopefully the jury isn't swayed like some here are. MOO

No, that is a warped sense of justice, the Defense's job is to disprove the State's evidence which they did in this case very efficiently. Even Cummings said all his witnesses now looked like liars.

Do you really think only guilty people are arrested?

Yes, I was. Did Brad still have access through the VPN while that computer was on the VPN Cisco network for those 27 hours? Is that why he called SH, another Cisco employee with VPN access in order to have a place to stay? Maybe??

Should he have had access? Again, if he did access it, that responsibility falls on CPD and no one else.

Probably because he (like most) is aware that adults unaccounted for and missing for half a day, especially mothers, are usually not missing because they want to be.

Mr. R's reaction has nothing to do with suspecting BC as soon as he got that call IMO.

IMO, Mr. Rentz had been fearful for quite some time that Nancy was involved in a volatile situation and suggested she leave. Brad had taken Katie's passport, making it impossible for her to flee to Canada with both girls.

Mr. Rentz had a career in social services and was acutely aware that domestic situations such as Nancy's could turn violent at any time. Nancy felt that Brad would never hurt her.

Something either frightened her or changed her mind as evidenced by the call to the realtor to start looking for an apartment ASAP.

It's too bad she didn't get "out" sooner. Now she is statistic like the thousands of women killed because of not responding to the warning signs earlier.

That relationship was a powder keg. Neither individual was behaving well. Add alcohol to the mix and the unthinkable happened.

Google "divorce murder" and see the number of results that are found: About 19,100,000 results (0.16 seconds)
March 2011 Divorce Violence Headlines

Filed under: Domestic Violence Headlines — angela @ 10:47 am

Most of these women did not think their husbands were capable of murder. These are only a handful of the domestic murders last month. Google divorce murder for more.

Body of Ohio missing mother may have been found
Days after she was abducted, police arrested her estranged husband and his parents. Her mother-in-law allegedly gave her lawyer the location of the body.

Man charged with stabbing ex-wife 84 times
He has pleaded not guilty.

Man charged with killing wife after a divorce hearing
“He’s allegedly left his estranged wife a voice mail reminding her their marriage meant ’till death do us part.’”

Man convicted of attacking his estranged wife’s roommates with a hatchet
“Botched a plan to kill his estranged wife and mistakenly attacked two of her roommates with a hatchet” – sentenced to 30 years.

Brad's behavior showed consciousness of guilt in everything he did from the moment NC went missing. The cleaning, not talking to her parents, not talking with the police, not showing emotion, not attending all the memorials, not acting like a husband that had a missing wife. He will be found guilty because of his behavior not the computer evidence. The state of his marriage will not be lost on the jurors. I
You've obviously not been in a very very bad marriage. I have. To have suffered the abuse, ridicule, exploitation that BC had (by NC), it'd be hard to work up a tear when she's missing. They had a very bad marriage for a very long time. Did you expect him to be falling to his knees grieving? Particularly when "the cult" was pointing their fingers at him in blame? Quite frankly, this is one of the reasons I DON'T believe he did it. Seems like if he had killed her, he would have gone out of his way to fake grief, concern, etc. etc.

Those names were brought up because you found it unbelievable that a pros or LEO would risk their career and jail time by fabricating, hiding or destroying evidence.

Two examples: one local and very recent, one the example of investing too much power and trust with no oversight.

There are many, many more examples.

Regardless of one's utopian outlook where LE and pros would never intentionally do something illegal or unethical - it happens...that is a fact, not an opinion.

You can add ADA G Butler, the cases of State v Chris Foye & Al Bellamy

It really seems to be more common than we would like to think. I think that is further evidenced by the attempt to get a bill through the NC Legislature to remove liability from prosecutors when LE withholds evidence.

I don't agree with this (BBM), but that does not mean I'm right. For all I know the jury might see it as you say.

I do think some people really are less outwardly emotional. I think its uncommon, but not necessarily indicative of guilt. SH testified that he was acting 'stunned', Mrs. C also mentioned the emotion he did show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz