State vs Bradley Cooper 4-21-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think defense is using this testimony (and the previous - taken collectively) to focus on how fast CPD zeroed in on BC to the exclusion of investigating any other possibilities. I don't think they are trying to tie it all into a single theory. Isn't this apparent?

I agree. It's interesting that most defense attys of husbands (with murdered wives) always use this theory. In my professional opinion (as a Dateline/48 Hours avid viewer), this theory never works without addtl evidence. The husband is always convicted.

I have a very good friend whose voice sounds just like this woman. She seems to be very laid back. She comes across as being honest.

I really love this women's drawl accent...Its neat!!

She saw two ladies jogging Sat AM after 7AM...clothing doesnt resemble Nancy..two left shoes and naked....Too bad she wasnt on her front porch in the middle of the night..could have seen Brad do his deposit on Fielding..

Here's yet another van with two hispanics leaning on it...(13/07/08)..

Reported to police...surprise surprise..the Bad Police didnt followup with her...

My first guess would be, whatever she reported didnt have any relevance to Nancy's case...Man oh Man....

Sounds to me like the Cary police have their hands full, what with doorbells ringing in the middle of the night, naked ladies jogging, Hispanic men in maroon van...... When we were having our house built out here about 4 years ago, there was a Hispanic man tiling our master bathroom/shower etc., on a Sunday. We happened to come out to visit our daughter next door that day and popped over to see how our house was coming along. And non-English speaking Hispanic man was laying tile. Didn't notice if he was driving a maroon van. I think he had a pick-up truck though. :waitasec:

these witnesses don't seem to like the state much lol

I think it's more that they are defensive because of the line of questioning (waiting to be tricked into an answer that shows they are lying or don't have a good memory - when they're really trying to be honest). Just my thought. These are normal people up there and probably really nervous!

Do the joggers in Lochmere line up for photos before they jog? Is this SOP in this dangerous place to live?

It definitely takes two. Didn't realize Iron Man competitions were expensive, but how about the MBA program he was taking? I bet that was SUPER expensive. College ain't cheap. Doubt he qualified for financial aid. I've always thought it quite odd he would buy laundry detergent at Harris Teeter. Unless you're shopping with coupons on triple day then that's not the cheapest place to go. In fact HT is the most expensive (outside of Whole Foods a/k/a Whole paycheck) store in the area.

I will jump out on a limb here and assume that Cisco paid for the MBA.

Why is it that when the prosecution brought up tons of witnesses most people on this board didn't call them "attention seekers", but when defense calls up their witnesses, most everyone calls them "attention seekers"? I find this line of questioning by the defense much more pertinent and interesting that calling up tons of people who told the same story about NC and BC not getting along.

Excuse me? They were referred to as everything from the cary clique to nosey neighbors, and those were the nicer references.

Can you all just imagine the number of calls and tips the police got?..I am sure they were all trying to be helpful..however, whatever information they got, they had to weed out the non-relevant tips..or LE would be bogged down with minusia.. Investigation 101 always starts with ruling out the inner circles of whomever is missing, or murdered..I thought that well known:waitasec:....The problem for husbands that got/get convicted is that they never were able to be RULED OUT!!..Rush to Judgement..maybe..but if they dont start inner circles and work outwards, they would be in error of procedure IMO:twocents:

I think defense is using this testimony (and the previous - taken collectively) to focus on how fast CPD zeroed in on BC to the exclusion of investigating any other possibilities. I don't think they are trying to tie it all into a single theory. Isn't this apparent?

Sure that's what they are doing - but so far nothing has shown me that zeroing in on a suspicious, lying, odds on favorite to being her killer was the WRONG thing to do....

Give me a credible alternative - what were those other possibilities?. We don't even have consistent reports of suspicious activity in a common colored van. No other criminal activity, no attempted kidnappings, no men driving around in vans exposing themselves, no assaults, no private stalking of NC where she said she was uncomfortable and she called the police. Nada, zip, zero, zilch. And then explain why someone would kill NC, take her clothing - no sexual assault - and leave her diamond stud earrings. Nothing makes sense and if it doesn't make sense........................

Do we have a time when this man saw this van?..Wasnt Nancy still at the party then?...Interesting testimony..whomever they were likely dumping garbage or other such, or even possibly pilfering equipment or items from the construction site...Happens all the time on construction sites...

This line of questioning is not very helpful except to further their idea of LE's ineptness and poor investigations...

Cross is quickly showing that LE did followup about his sightings that very night...Hummmmm

It was relevant in that it showed people up to something nefarious within the area. Now, do I think the man was crazy after hearing his doorbell ring to then go look out, see nothing, and proceed to open his door anyhow and walk outside, YES, he was. He should have stayed in the house and called the police. What if someone wanted to get inside and rang the doorbell to bring him down to the door, hid, and then when he walked out had attacked him.

Excuse me? They were referred to as everything from the cary clique to nosey neighbors, and those were the nicer references.

Most of the flack they got was due to contradicting testimony, and aligned statements. It appears (and still does) that outside of the scope of a normal police investigation, there was a coordinated effort between that group and the CPD to get BC indicted.

It was relevant in that it showed people up to something nefarious within the area. Now, do I think the man was crazy after hearing his doorbell ring to then go look out, see nothing, and proceed to open his door anyhow and walk outside, YES, he was. He should have stayed in the house and called the police. What if someone wanted to get inside and rang the doorbell to bring him down to the door, hid, and then when he walked out had attacked him.

This guy didn't look like the type who would spook easily so I put some weight in his calling the cops. But yes he was lucky that they didn't harm him. I am guessing they were trying to see if anyone was home.

I think it's more that they are defensive because of the line of questioning (waiting to be tricked into an answer that shows they are lying or don't have a good memory - when they're really trying to be honest). Just my thought. These are normal people up there and probably really nervous!

I agree. I'd hate to have to testify in court. Whether someone is a defense witness or a prosecution witness, it seems like all they have to do is make a trivial misstatement and the other side will pounce on it and portray them as a liar. So they have to be overly cautious about what they say. It would make me nervous.

Sure that's what they are doing - but so far nothing has shown me that zeroing in on a suspicious, lying, odds on favorite to being her killer was the WRONG thing to do....

Give me a credible alternative - what were those other possibilities?. We don't even have consistent reports of suspicious activity in a common colored van. No other criminal activity, no attempted kidnappings, no men driving around in vans exposing themselves, no assaults, no private stalking of NC where she said she was uncomfortable and she called the police. Nada, zip, zero, zilch. And then explain why someone would kill NC, take her clothing - no sexual assault - and leave her diamond stud earrings. Nothing makes sense and if it doesn't make sense........................

There could have been a van with people engaging in criminal activity on July 11th who thought she may have witnessed them doing something when she went home that night. They see her the next morning follow her and kill the witness. They attempt to remove her clothing, can't get the sport bra off so they leave it and dump the body quickly. Motive wasn't robbery so they don't worry about the earrings.

Is that really so incredibly far-fetched as to not even be worth looking into?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant