State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klink and the defense team went on record that the murderer is a 'he.' They said it many times today. So no, a woman did not commit this murder and that's just according to the defense team.

As for JY's prints on that sheet rock, it absolutely is part of this case and should have been brought in. 16 inches up from the floor is consistent with someone in a bent over position bracing themselves with their left hand on that wall. While it could have been made at a different time, it also could have been made during the murder itself. The DNA matches JY to a statistical certainty. The state would have been remiss in not bringing in all the evidence (and fingerprint is one of the things people scream about wanting).

I don't know why you think my answer is going to change. Yes, I think he is guilty. No, I am not fully satisfied or entirely convinced. So, yes, I would vote Not Guilty. No, I wouldn't blame myself for a killer going free, I would blame the prosecution for not providing me with evidence to cast a guilty vote. Is that satisfying? No, but it's justice.
I wasn't looking for your answer to change. I haven't followed everything here line by line to know your train of thought. I never said anything about blame? That must have been another poster?

The one thing that has me scratching my head that I can't reconcile overall is a really odd one. I can make everything else stand out but this. I can cancel out DT with PT and PT with DT on most of what I am looking for.

What is the thinking behind why there are fingerprints on the sheetrock (theorized that he balanced while beating her) when there are no injuries and we assume he had gloves on?

Do we think he removed them when the strangling didn't work and he didn't need them for the beating?

She grabs his gloved hands, scratches her own neck, when he is strangling her. This is taking too long and is much harder than he thought. He yanks back to hit her and MY, still with her hand gripping his, yanks one of his gloves off along with some of her own hair. He kills her and picks up his glove.

I don't know the little details. IF that print has to do w/the murder there could be a reason. I don't know the little details, only JLY does, IMO, I only see the pile of evidence that, when put together, points to JLY.

I wasn't looking for your answer to change. I haven't followed everything here line by line to know your train of thought. I never said anything about blame? That must have been another poster?

No, just my thoughts. Preempting the question about "how would you feel if he killed another person." Not saying it was going to come from you, but I could feel it coming from someone out there!

Good point. She sort of resembles the person with blonde hair in the purple warm up suit. The doll at nursery school. And isn't she a veterinarian? The jury didn't hear that part of CY's utterances about animals, but ya gotta wonder? I really wonder what sized shoe she wears? Could she be a size 10? Possibly. She looks rather tall in the funeral pictures.

IMO, this is way out of left fiield. jmo

Klink and the defense team went on record that the murderer is a 'he.' They said it many times today. So no, a woman did not commit this murder and that's just according to the defense team.

As for JY's prints on that sheet rock, it absolutely is part of this case and should have been brought in. 16 inches up from the floor is consistent with someone in a bent over position bracing themselves with their left hand on that wall. While it could have been made at a different time, it also could have been made during the murder itself. The DNA matches JY to a statistical certainty. The state would have been remiss in not bringing in all the evidence (and fingerprint is one of the things people scream about wanting).

I think the DT just used 'he' and it really meant nothing. They said they do not know who murdered Michelle. It is logical to think it may be a man due to the injuries suffered so the DT used 'he' in a general term.

But doesnt that mean the DNA is a wash? It could have been placed there at a different time or it could have been placed there when she was killed?

I still believe Jayson did this but the balancing with one hand just doesnt make logical sense to me. I think he would be hitting her with both fists as hard as he could.

Absolutely! I hope one day we have a justice system that gets it right every time. I don't know how that would work, but I hope for it.

Oh my goodness. A Wolfpack and a Tarheel agreeing on something!!! Maybe there is a chance for world peace. ;)

Ok, this question is obviously late in coming, but......

I finally was able to muster enough gumption to overcome my repugnance and FINALLY watched the video footage of MM's trial testimony.

That she continued her inappropriately close (imo) relationship with Jason after her "good friend", Jason's wife was beaten to death while she was screwing him (AND Michelle, figuratively speaking), is appalling and seems to show lack of conscience.

Two questions:

Why did she NEVER ask Jason if he had anything to do with Michelle's vicious murder? whaaa??? Who does that? Especially if they have CHILDREN they love and need to protect?

Did the McBroads, their tight circle of sorority sisters, REALLY continue to embrace MM after word of this terrible betrayal of Michelle came out?? Who does THAT?

Can someone help me understand this?

I don't know who does that, but does that factor in here?:seeya:

I don't go by my feelings when I evaluate a case. I go by the evidence shown, and look at each item and each element.

Because I know that not everything in a case with a lot of C.E. is just a coincidence, though only a few items surely could be, I see how it looks in totality. I look for things that corroborate, like the receipt and ID of vehicle in Gracie's witness statement, to determine what seems reasonable and is verifiable. I keep in mind a big picture view, while looking at the details.

I assume neither guilt or innocence and just look at evidence as it comes out. I do consider behavior as part of the circumstances and that is added to the mix.

There is so much in the JY case that it really is a mountain. It's almost overwhelming the number of coincidences that befell one person within a mere 12 hours. His own behaviors did not help his cause. There aren't enough yoga poses to make the stretch that every single thing is just a coinky dink. It's never just one thing in these cases, it truly is the totality that provides the necessary picture. While I'm not about to list them, I suspect there are well over 100 or 150 line items that could easily be on a list. At some point there's a "c'mon no one is THAT unlucky or lucky."

Absolutely! I hope one day we have a justice system that gets it right every time. I don't know how that would work, but I hope for it.

As long as people commit crimes and lie about their involvement, there can never be a justice system with 100% accuracy and perfection. It involves humans. We are imperfect.

She grabs his gloved hands, scratches her own neck, when he is strangling her. This is taking too long and is much harder than he thought. He yanks back to hit her and MY, still with her hand gripping his, yanks one of his gloves off along with some of her own hair. He kills her and picks up his glove.

I don't know the little details. IF that print has to do w/the murder there could be a reason. I don't know the little details, only JLY does, IMO, I only see the pile of evidence that, when put together, points to JLY.

Yes, I think you have a reasonable scenario.

I would imagine it would be very difficult, or even impossible, to strangle someone (who is fighting for her life) while wearing gloves.

I don't go by my feelings when I evaluate a case. I go by the evidence shown, and look at each item and each element.

Because I know that not everything in a case with a lot of C.E. is just a coincidence, though only a few items surely could be, I see how it looks in totality. I look for things that corroborate, like the receipt and ID of vehicle in Gracie's witness statement, to determine what seems reasonable and is verifiable. I keep in mind a big picture view, while looking at the details.

I assume neither guilt or innocence and just look at evidence as it comes out. I do consider behavior as part of the circumstances and that is added to the mix.

There is so much in the JY case that it really is a mountain. It's almost overwhelming the number of coincidences that befell one person within a mere 12 hours. His own behaviors did not help his cause. There aren't enough yoga poses to make the stretch that every single thing is just a coinky dink. It's never just one thing in these cases, it truly is the totality that provides the necessary picture. While I'm not about to list them, I suspect there are well over 100 or 150 line items that could easily be on a list. At some point there's a "c'mon no one is THAT unlucky or lucky."

So why do you think 8 jurors voted to aquitt last time?

IMO

Yes, I think you have a reasonable scenario.

I would imagine it would be very difficult, or even impossible, to strangle someone (who is fighting for her life) while wearing gloves.

But anyone would fight for their lives if they are being strangled and we hear about women being strangled to death quite often.

In fact I have always believed that is how Scott Peterson murdered Laci.

IMO

It is so telling that JY couldn't get one friend to get on the stand and tell the jury that there is no way that he could possibly have done this.

That isn't quite right. In fact, none of the witnesses were allowed to present an opinion during sworn testimony regarding the guilt of innocence of their former buddy.

Hi Everybody! What a day, huh? I just want to say THANKS from all the mods for scrolling by any violating posts today without responding or quoting. It is much appreciated!

:yourock:

Salem

As long as people commit crimes and lie about their involvement, there can never be a justice system with 100% accuracy and perfection. It involves humans. We are imperfect.

Most of the innocent people in prison were put there by mistaken eye witness testimony.

Hip hip hooray and cheers to all of us who have booted sociopaths from our lives!!!

My husband's ex had her husband attempt to murder us for a high dollar life insurance payoff. He was unsuccessful, made stupid mistakes, and had to plead guilty in court. (he called 911 to report us dead BEFORE the attack, doh) Ten years later he was "found" dead in their basement from a shotgun blast through his chest. It was declared self-inflicted. We have our doubts. Kharma; she's a wiley one. ;)

I am truly sorry for what you have experienced. This exemplifies just where all jurors will be coming from when deciding a case. Personal experience will win out every time, jmo.
Not making light of what you went through at all. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member