State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-14-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of their wives slaughtered the night they were hitting on you?

Not sure why I'm being asked this question. We were discussing condoms. All I said was he's not the first nor the last to have a supply of condoms regardless of his marital status. Both men and women cheat. Does that make them murderers? No. Do some murder their partners because of an affair? Absolutely. We've followed the cases here. Did JY murder Michelle because of an affair or affairs? Perhaps.

This murder was so horrific that I honestly don't know what kind of person would so brutally beat their wife, mother of their children to death with no previous domestic violence prior to this day.

Still having a tough time wrapping my brain around that. It was overkill. What made him so angry that he had to beat her with fists? No weapon.(gun)

Not sure why I'm being asked this question. We were discussing condoms. All I said was he's not the first nor the last to have a supply of condoms regardless of his marital status. Both men and women cheat. Does that make them murderers? No. Do some murder murder their partners because of an affair? Absolutely. We've followed the cases here. Did JY murder Michelle because of an affair or affairs? Perhaps.

This murder was so horrific that I honestly don't know what kind of person would so brutally beat their wife, mother of their children to death with no previous domestic violence prior to this day.

Still having a tough time wrapping my brain around that. It was overkill. What made him so angry that he had to beat her with fists? No weapon.(gun)
Overkill indeed....someone that HATED MY and wanted her D. E. A. D.

He beat her with a heavy, rounded blunt object , per ME.
Sounds like a baseball bat to me.

Me either, same with the clothes.

He may have had his luggage still packed from a former trip and just threw some stuff for this trip in there.

As for shorts, the day before it was 77 degrees in Raleigh.

And, we have learned he was not a planner, he waited until just before he left to print out directions to his meeting.

Sounds like he was goofing off that day, running late, cutting grass and was just not a organized person.

I had to go out during some testimony , so I have to catch up.
JMO

Lol. I see what you did there.

:what:

in 2006, I wonder where you could have bought Tyvek locally.

Yeah, I know. Look at me like I'm crazy. Here's the thing (and generally, I'm against prosecutors jamming these cases to trial and thought this would be a sure bet because they were cautious) I am thinking.

I work in an environment that requires me to use coveralls occasionally. I was out today and yesterday and had to wear them in an extremely cold environment. I have a set I keep in my car, but didn't have my car with me. Mine are larger so I can wear clothes underneath and yesterday I was wearing one that was not large enough to do that. (It's annoying to be cold and wearing a really strong paper.) Today, however, in a place where I'd never expect to find Tyvek, I was complaining about the size of the suit and the guy I was with pointed me to a locker room and said: There's like ten million sizes and suits in there. Grab what you need. So, I grabbed a XXXL suit and it slipped on over my hoody and jeans. I threw on some booties and moved on. While I was wandering and working, I remembered a scene from a movie where a guy uses the tyvek to keep from contaminating a crime scene. (The Departed) The movie came out a month before the murder.

So, if we could find out if he'd seen the movie, or if he had access to a tyvek suit, I think we would know why A) there was no blood on him and B) there was no blood anywhere else. Tyvek is so compact that even when I wear a full suit, gloves and head gear and booties, all of it fits into a regular size plastic (T-shirt style) grocery bag when I'm done. I press the air out of it and there's nothing left.

Put Tyvek on top of winter clothing and you've got a relatively smooth (hard to grab) surface and a way to protect yourself from cuts, scratches, tears, etc.

I wonder if JY is a movie-goer?

Also, on the condom thing. Would a pissed-off wife drop them into her husband's bag to let him know she knew he was up to shenanigans?

I watched some of the testimony by the guy who performed the autopsy and IIRC, he could not definitely say whether or not a weapon was used. I'll have to listen to it again when I have some time.

I understand the lack of a gun. Guns are loud and sometimes traceable. Per his website searches, the idea was a knock out blow. Per the evidence at the scene, strangulation as well. Maybe the plan was a knock out blow then strangle. It didn't go as planned so he ended up beating her to death.

If the one blow and strangulation had worked out, there really wouldn't be a bloody mess. MY once again interfered with his plans, but he was there to make sure it was the last time. Granted, it was going to cost him a hit on his house, but do the math it was cheaper in the long run, especially if the insurance paid off.

Yes, his meeting was set up 2-3 weeks in advance by his company.
We will hear from the medical director stating this.

Jason himself did not set up the meeting.

So, he had 2-3 weeks to plan the murder? :idea:

I watched some of the testimony by the guy who performed the autopsy and IIRC, he could not definitely say whether or not a weapon was used. I'll have to listen to it again when I have some time.

Oh yes, he most certainly did say a heavy blunt object was used.
She has 2 skull fractures and many deep lacerations to her scalp.

What you are talking about is the single laceration on her lips...said either a fist or weapon...could not be certain

He did remain silent...hmm. His defense is he was at the Hampton Inn in Va....that is considered an alibi to me.
I agree if they harp on his cheating ways it can go too far and loose a jury...but to let the jury know what was in his luggage, including condoms...isn't harping to me.

Yes, he remained silent and offered no alibi. The defense has not put on their case in chief yet. It is the prosecution that proved JY was at the Hampton Inn, not the defense.

The prosecution now must prove JY left the hotel and returned to Raleigh and thus had opportunity to commit the crime.

I doubt the jury wastes even a second discussing condoms or what was in his luggage.

JMO

Yes, he remained silent and offered no alibi. The defense has not put on their case in chief yet. It is the prosecution that proved JY was at the Hampton Inn, not the defense.

The prosecution now must prove JY left the hotel and returned to Raleigh and thus had opportunity to commit the crime.

I doubt the jury wastes even a second discussing condoms or what was in his luggage.

JMO

It's what was NOT in his luggage they will worry about.
That missing pullover with the chest stripe is the gotcha moment, sadly missed in the first trial.

To recap, JY's alibi is that he was at the Hampton Inn all night, leaving it only for a short while to smoke outside before returning to his room. He then traveled further West in the morning to a business meeting. Therefore, according to his alibi, he couldn't have committed the murder. This is his sworn to, testified to, alibi.

Here is what he said in the first trial.
Apparently there is something fishy,,,,we'll see
----------------------------------------------

Someone from chartOne gave him a lead the TC hospital was close to making a decision on records system.
He had e-mailed director before, may have even called her before...left VM before.

So he 'drops in" (salesmen need to be persistent he says)
The director was in a meeting, so he left his card with receptionist and left.

Charged ChartOne $94.40 for mileage (295 miles)

I thought that there must be something to it. The witness (I don't recall his name) seemed excited about it and I thought he was disapointed that he would not be able to answer the question in front of the jury. The answer he gave without the jury was kind of revealing. Interesting.

That missing pullover with the chest stripe is the gotcha moment, sadly missed in the first trial.

Surely to God, they will close with inconvenient facts like this. Lay out every piece of circumstantial evidence that would have to be coicidences - in the dozens at this point - and charge that jury to deliver justice finally. I would even dissect every "angle" the defense has introduced.

One merely consider Young admits he left the hotel room, the camera being tampered with twice that same night, and his shirt that disappeared. Add in the Hushpuppy shoeprint and there's nothing else that needs to be said. Move on to the penalty phase.

There's no proof a pullover was ever IN his luggage.

JMO

To recap, JY's alibi is that he was at the Hampton Inn all night, leaving it only for a short while to smoke outside before returning to his room. He then traveled further West in the morning to a business meeting. Therefore, according to his alibi, he couldn't have committed the murder. This is his sworn to, testified to, alibi.

I thought he testified that he exited the hotel three times....once for a smoke, and twice to retrieve items from his car (parked near the exit).:eek:hoh:

btw, I'm still ROFL over your silent but deadly comment pages ago...

The main issue with the prosecution's case is that the killer did not leave ample clear evidence of identity at the scene of the crime. If he gets off, this has to be why.

Nevertheless the case against him is not weak. After all, the jury last time was not for acquittal. It split between those voting for guilt beyond a reasonable doubt and those who either had doubt or believed him innocent.

Some simple facts are these:

- On the night of the murder he is seen leaving the hotel building in a dark outfit. This outfit is not present in his truck the next day.
- There are four mechanisms in place that could have identified JY's return to his room and/or his presence during the hotel during the night. All four were intentionally defeated. These include:
- his room key never showing reentry
- the emergency door being propped open to avoid a keyed reentry
- the stairway camera being unplugged that night
- his cell phone being turned off.
Four systems all deactivated or defeated all on the same night.
- A description of a vehicle at his home similar color to his in the early morning is made.
- No forced entry.
- No substantial burglary or crime other than murder.
- A fairly sterile crime scene outside the victim herself.
- searches on JY's computer regarding head trauma, anatomy of a knockout, and related as well as querying the current value of his home.
- Purposeful entry into JY's closet after the victim is killed.
- witness identifies JY at her gas station on route and time consistent with his return to Hillsville.
- JY makes several attempts to reach MF to have her enter the home the morning following the murder.
- JY does not return urgent call from LF.
- Footprints at scene match shoe types previously owned by JY.
- JY allows civil default and loss of custody and loss of insurance rather than defend his actions.

Other facts include JY's demonstrated hostility to his wife and to his marriage. He will, likely, also be shown to have engaged in prior violent acts against women (this was shown in the first trial).

This is how it sits now, I think, and that ought to cause anyone's eyebrows to go up, even if they don't think it's a proven case. Some or all of those could individually be explained away, but they don't look good laid out end on end.

There's no proof a pullover was ever IN his luggage.

JMO

That's true, but since he was seen wearing it at the Hampton Inn that evening on video, it stands to reason he brought it with him when he made the trip. The question is what happened to it after that night.

I thought he testified that he exited the hotel three times....once for a smoke, and twice to retrieve items from his car (parked near the exit).:eek:hoh:

btw, I'm still ROFL over your silent but deadly comment pages ago...

You certainly could be correct on that. I just remember that shot of him having changed into the dark pullover on his way out for one of those excursions.

Near the end today the Judge sent the jury out to decide a def. objection to the last witness. It was kind of confusing but the gist was that emails were found from someone he said he met with (I think JY gave that impression in the email), but the person he said he met had never met him. Confused yet?

Anyhoo the judge said that it was heresy for now, but the lady could testify about it herself. I think. The judge is a "low talker" :)

I hope someone else can explain this better.

Oh, okay.

Jason had 2 stops that day, the first one was in the morning in Clintwood, Va...........That meeting was arranged ahead of time.

The second meeting, was closer to his parents home in Brevard, that one I am not positive about.
Someone had called it a cold call, we will soon find out.,:wink:

But, more important than the meetings themselves, to me, are the people he saw and met with, and if they saw any scratches or marks on him.

I won't be able to listen to any testimony tonite

Happy V~:heart: day!!

Not sure why I'm being asked this question. We were discussing condoms. All I said was he's not the first nor the last to have a supply of condoms regardless of his marital status. Both men and women cheat. Does that make them murderers? No. Do some murder their partners because of an affair? Absolutely. We've followed the cases here. Did JY murder Michelle because of an affair or affairs? Perhaps.

Still having a tough time wrapping my brain around that. It was overkill. What made him so angry that he had to beat her with fists? No weapon.
(gun)
BBM

I'd argue that verbal abuse is domestic violence. It is a misconception and oversimplification, in my opinion, to believe that physical abuse is a prerequisite to spousal homicide.

According to a 1992 study conducted by Dr. Jacquelyn Campbell only 68% of studied uxoricides had a history of physical violence. 61% used excessive force in the murder.

Another study conducted in 1992 by Crawford & Gardner reports the following:
..in almost 60% of the intimate femicides offenders stabbed, bludgeoned, beat, strangled, and\or slashed the throats of their victims. Often these fatal assaults involved lengthy and excessive violence. In many of these killings the offenders inflicted harm far beyond what would have been necessary to kill their victims. For example, more than half of the stabbings involved multiple stab wounds—in many cases, dozens of wounds over the entire body. Similarly, beatings and bludgeonings were typically prolonged attacks with numerous injuries. In addition, almost one-fifth of the cases involved multiple methods. Case histories indicate that it was not unusual for the killer to continue to attack his victim after it was clear she was dead."

A later (retrospective) study (1995) by Ann Goetting of 123 femicides in Detroit over a two year period confirms the previous findings. 64% had a history of physical abuse; 61% displayed overkill; and hers dug a bit deeper to reveal 96% of those homicides were sparked by either a verbal or physical confrontation over sexual indiscretions and/or ending the relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid