State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-21-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was AF supposed to arrive? Is the theory that JLY thought AF would be there to find MY until that night... and when he found out AF wasn't going after all he suddenly printed out the ebay auctions to have as an excuse to send MF to the house?

The defense's case, last time, was very brief but very effective, however, they won't have the shock element of Jason taking the stand this time, if he should.

Not that it should have been a surprise the first time......the state knows there is always that chance, no matter how small.

If I were to bet right now, after seeing Jason's testimony today, I say he will not testify again......

JMO

Based on what I have seen so far, no, I do not think he will testify again.

unfortunately I didn't see the testimony of gracie and of course the defense hasn't called any witnesses yet to rebut. under the circumstances, having shown her the picture of JY (i think that's what happened) it seems to me would make a lineup using her as a witness worthless. i couldn't find anything immediately to say it would be ruled out on its face (just haven't found authority on point either way not much searching :-D), but practically it would seem to have little or no value.

I felt very sorry for her.
She had a very bad accident, I think she was run over by a truck, and her parents told her that her brains were left on the highway...
Then she stated about some trouble with her ex husband and her son this time in the trial.
She only gave a description on Jason's car AFTER they asked her if she saw a white SUV.
I give her much credit for taking the stand....

jmo

What are the odds that Gracie not only ID'd JY from a picture but also was able to accurately ID his vehicle (type and color) AND has a receipt that corroborated what happened that morning? And no one prompted her or told her why.

I didn't consider her the most important witness, but the reaction to her is so extreme that I am rethinking this. If there is this much heat around Mrs. Calhoun...then I guess she is more important than I thought.

Madeleine, I think she is extremely important to this case. If she can put him there at that time of morning, it is a slam dunk, particularly with the 12 HP shoes. Of course, a video would be even better.

I think many people want to believe her, but unfortunately the memory issues have caused some problems through no fault of Gracie. She is remarkable considering her horrific accident as a child.

Her memory issues didn't impact the incident that happened to her and she was able to relay it just fine 2 days after it happened. Without the vehicle ID and the receipt I would have discounted it. With those 2 items in addition to her IDing JY, I put her in the 'believability' column. Has nothing to do with 'wanting' to believe her or not. I found her testimony credible and I wanted corroborating info...and I got it.
It also works out in the timeline with no twisting needed at all.

I wondered if the person that was flying in was from the hospital that Jason visited in Brevard ... so the prosecution may demonstrate that he didn't speak with the person he supposedly spoke with ... something like that ... but, in my opinion, that proves he may have fibbed on his expense reports. I see that as minor. Have you noticed any glaring contradictions yet?

otto, it is my understanding this was a cold call, unannounced, and the women he was wanting to see was in a meeting, so he left his card. These kind of calls are not unusual in his job. MOO

Showing JY's testimony relatively closely in time to when his mistresses testified may help the PT this time. I assume he didn't testify until the end of the DT's case in the 1st trial. This time we have JY shtupping others, followed by JY saying how much he loved MY. Yeah, right.

The person who was flying in was the Hush Puppies exec from earlier today. The judge confirmed with HC that Spivey is their final witness.

Did everyone hear that HC said a definite to Spivey being the PT's last witness? I thought it was left sorta up in the air

Her memory issues didn't impact the incident that happened to her and she was able to relay it just fine 2 days after it happened. Without the vehicle ID and the receipt I would have discounted it. With those 2 items in addition to her IDing JY, I put her in the 'believability' column. Has nothing to do with 'wanting' to believe her or not. I found her testimony credible and I wanted corroborating info...and I got it.

Agreed, this is more about her identifying JY in 2006 than it is today. I understand she is testifying in this current trial, but to me she is testifying to her identifying him in 2006. And as you mentioned, why would she make up the details to support her claim, suv, color and the receipt which allows for the correct timing of such an event. I find her information very believable.

Did everyone hear that HC said a definite to Spivey being the PT's last witness? I thought it was left sorta up in the air

I don't know if it was broadcast online or not, but just before they brought in the jury from the lunch break the judge said something about Det. Spivey being the final witness for the PT and HC acknowledged that. The attorneys are not talking into microphones in the courtroom (just wired for the TV sound), so it's a little hard to hear things in there. I had just walked in the courtroom and was getting settled so it's possible I misunderstood something.

otto, it is my understanding this was a cold call, unannounced, and the women he was wanting to see was in a meeting, so he left his card. These kind of calls are not unusual in his job. MOO

Hey Coug.:seeya:

I think the defense wanted to speak with her first before they put her on the stand, if they do.

Sounds like the case is wrapping up faster than anticipated.

The first trial was a total of 11 days, we are on the 12th day of the Pros case now.

I don't know if it was broadcast online or not, but just before they brought in the jury from the lunch break the judge said something about Det. Spivey being the final witness for the PT and HC acknowledged that. The attorneys are not talking into microphones in the courtroom (just wired for the TV sound), so it's a little hard to hear things in there. I had just walked in the courtroom and was getting settled so it's possible I misunderstood something.

It makes sense that Spivey would be the last Pros witness.

Thank you and thanks for reporting about the courtroom.

:)

And I respecxt your opinion on this evidence. However, not everyone will see it the same way as you well know. If they had, the jury would have convicted him in the first trial MOO. I personally believe she may have seen him that time, but there are some discrepancies there. I suspect the jury felt the same way. It in no way demeans Gracie. Even Special Agent Tart underlined several times in his notes that she couldn't remember a lot about that day.

I can't wait till we get to the part of the testimony tomorrow of JY explaining why he had to buy new shoes right before the NTO. He said he couldn't get back in his house and he needed a shoe that could go from casual to dress. I hope the jury is taking notes. I think this JY testimony is placed perfectly in this trial. The jury just saw a picture of JY with casual/dress shoes at the CB. They just heard from the HP expert saying those shoes looked like they could be HP Orbitals Those shoes never recovered and then JY goes out and buys a pair of shoes that look like the CB shoes. Smoking gun to me!

They may have since, but not in the first trial.

Here is the cigar!

But didn't the Forensic Computer woman state that the searches word "Head+Trauma" and also another specific set of words for the searches before the web med one? He stated other very different words that he typed in so therein lies another lie.

Hey Coug.:seeya:

I think the defense wanted to speak with her first before they put her on the stand, if they do.

Sounds like the case is wrapping up faster than anticipated.

The first trial was a total of 11 days, we are on the 12th day of the Pros case now.

Hi Cammy, was getting worried about you. Have not seen you in a couple of days. I am not posting much because of PT on my shoulders and want be posting much for awhile. Just taking it day by day. Glad to see you. :seeya:
ETA: Glad when this is over and a verdict is in...

Agreed, this is more about her identifying JY in 2006 than it is today. I understand she is testifying in this current trial, but to me she is testifying to her identifying him in 2006. And as you mentioned, why would she make up the details to support her claim, suv, color and the receipt which allows for the correct timing of such an event. I find her information very believable.

Gracie also told LE that a customer in the store was in there at that time and said Jason was being rude, and they can't find him.

To this day, they can not find him.

They placed surveillance videos in the store and printed up fliers in an attempt to do so.

Later, Gracie said the news carrier was there.
We were told the news carrier had died.

Yesterday testimony from Agent Tart said the news carrier contacted him and said he never saw such an incident.

That might not seem important to some, but without video , L E was inclined to look for some type of back up.

Besides, just think, with Gracie's ID of Jason, there should have been an immediate arrest.........

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member