State vs Jason Lynn Young 6-23-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an interesting question. I think the other judge in the other trial showed contempt for the defense team, and therefore immediately produced a visual and audible image of being biased towards the prosecution. JS has been and is always very courteous to each side. He makes that well known in every statement. I do not know if JS would have made the same rulings. However, if he had made those same rulings, I bet a lot of folks would not be so upset. I don't think it is personality and likeability but rather we want our judges to be fair and respectful to both sides.

I have watched a bit of the ICA trial, not much, but some. My opinion of that 'other judge' is the same *frustration* I see in the judge presiding at the ICA trial. A *frustration* the result of which comes from dealing with an unseasoned defense. JMO IMO, if you saw Judge Stephens dealing with the same amount of over-ruled objections, attempting to instruct the DT in 'better wording' of their questions, delays in the trial, etc., you would have observed a *different judge*. The judge in the Casey Anthony trial has become quite *frustrated* the times I've watched him. IMO

It's nice when a judge can maintain a good poker face and not show any feelings. JS is very good with that. JG is not. Judge Perry in the C.A. trial is very obvious with his disdain for the defense team. If he's not admonishing them on an almost daily basis, he's trying to keep from laughing out loud at them. Remember Judge Ito from the OJ trial? He bent over backwards for the defense and showed his bias against the state.

Judges are human and they aren't all going to be like JS. I'm much more interested in their legal rulings than whether they appear to like one side or not.

Which is why I am pondering what the reaction would be if JS had made the same legal rulings as JG did. And if JS reviewed (and agreed) with the ones JG did make. Afterall, JS is the supervising judge in the Superior Court. As such he is entitled to review each of the judges who report to him and he is certainly able to look at their rulings.

Imagine if JS looked at each of the rulings done by JG and agreed with them! We'd never know it because it wouldn't be part of any official record, but wouldn't THAT be interesting!?!

Yes, it would be very interesting. As you say, I doubt JS would ever comment publicly though. If he did agree, it would be interesting to see how he would be taken by everyone. BTW, JP has also shown some frustration today with the prosecution side. I still think he is more impartial and of course older than JG. Perhaps that helps both JS and JP.

I have watched a bit of the ICA trial, not much, but some. My opinion of that 'other judge' is the same *frustration* I see in the judge presiding at the ICA trial. A *frustration* the result of which comes from dealing with an unseasoned defense. JMO IMO, if you saw Judge Stephens dealing with the same amount of over-ruled objections, attempting to instruct the DT in 'better wording' of their questions, delays in the trial, etc., you would have observed a *different judge*. The judge in the Casey Anthony trial has become quite *frustrated* the times I've watched him. IMO

JP is much more seasoned and has gotten on the prosecution equally today. I think both prosecution and defense are picking everything apart in that trial, somewhat as in the other trial. This trial, JY, both sides seem to be amicable and the courtroom ran smoothly. I guess there are many reasons, but no doubt a lot has to do with JS, the opposing attorneys. I will take JS and JP any day of the week over the "other judge. JP today is dealing it out to both sides. LOL

This case hasn't been nearly as exhausting as some of the others - esp more recent trials. What we will experience, I feel in my waters, is justice delivered *again*. These "men" (huh, did I actually write m.e.n?) really think they're smarter than, or don't respect, common law> And as so they consider only their law, their reasons, their needs ... to justify their deadly causes. And man ... don't they just hang onto every lame excuse and explanation. They'll just keep 'splainin away ... their mistakes, their statements and their actions.

It's really not going to stop, tragically. Statistics prove it - case after case becomes national news ... and the phenomenon continues. Beats logic! These wife-killers ... and sometimes own baby-killers .... just won't get it; they'll never get it. Which is another reason incarceration is the only place for them. Heaven forbid they are allowed to remarry ... or worse still, have another child! Because when their wives and babies become "irrelevant" ... they just kill 'em. Easy-peazy.

Now it's society's turn, once again, to march these monsters into the cold dark place they deserve. Colder, darker, lonelier and for much, much longer than the ugly crime-scenes where they left their wives for hours, days, months or even a few years.

Utterly frightening and desolate accommodation awaits utterly frightening and desolate human being-rejects. Don't pass the tissues to them as they head out of that courtroom door. The tears and remorse are totally fake, it's wasted money.

Their wives and kids couldn't watch their backs. Now ... they'll spend the rest of their life watching their own back. Karma ...

R.I.P. Michelle and Baby Rylan :blowkiss:

JP is much more seasoned and has gotten on the prosecution equally today. I think both prosecution and defense are picking everything apart in that trial, somewhat as in the other trial. This trial, JY, both sides seem to be amicable and the courtroom ran smoothly. I guess there are many reasons, but no doubt a lot has to do with JS, the opposing attorneys. I will take JS and JP any day of the week over the "other judge. JP today is dealing it out to both sides. LOL

The judge in CAs trial is hilarious. Recently, he asked the prosecutor to look at the clock behind him and tell him what time it was. He said 9:25. Then, he asked Baez to look at the clock behind him and tell him what time it was. He said 9:26. The judge then said "see, you two will never agree on anything".

Hey PSA!! Sorry I've been absent. My real life has gotten in the way. LOL!! But I'm listening to the closing arguments today. Please, God, let this jury see the truth - that JLY is a cold blooded murderer of a woman and baby - a murderer of the worst kind.

Hey, Less! So good to read you ... and many of the old familiar names and aliases when this happened. Great comments from regulars and newbies. To all ... once again: *thank you* for great comments on these threads! Would have been great to see a lot more of Samiya in here!

Unlike these "husbands", Less, most of us do have a life; we lead a reasonably good, but not perfect, life ... and we get on with it. We care for our own and about others and respect the law. We stand united when these creeps try to get away with such deadly deeds. Closure is almost becoming a cliche ... this trial can't, IMO, bring "closure" ... I feel it recognizes a new, clearer phase. Closure is final. The memory of Michelle and Rylan may never be *final* in the eyes and arms of her family and loved ones.

Linda Fisher (and fam) have been dignified, resilient ... and extremely patient. May they be blessed with added strength and a new breath for their future once this case is over. Here's trusting in justice - that Phase 2 ... is a better place for them all.

(Can you tell I still have zero time for these monsters that ... hawk their spouses to the eternal realms in pursuit of a perceived "good life"?)

Go well! Seeya around here soon enough ...

Polk :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member