Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter, Is Dead

Thought this article may be of interest. :)

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20521621-5001021,00.html

But while the family continues to mourn, Irwin's widow Terri is determined to return to the stage at Australia Zoo by Christmas.

Zoo director Wes Mannion said yesterday: "Come Christmas both me and Terri will be getting in the Crocoseum and doing the shows.'

"We have to do that because if we didn't Steve would be quite upset about that, I'm sure.''

More at link.

Shelly Beach said:
Thought this article may be of interest. :)

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20521621-5001021,00.html

But while the family continues to mourn, Irwin's widow Terri is determined to return to the stage at Australia Zoo by Christmas.

Zoo director Wes Mannion said yesterday: "Come Christmas both me and Terri will be getting in the Crocoseum and doing the shows.'

"We have to do that because if we didn't Steve would be quite upset about that, I'm sure.''

More at link.
Hi Shelly Beach,:)
Thank-you for posting the link.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I agree Dingo. It was in print so posted it just so we'd know what's going on. Can't just post news if you agree with it. ;)

Scandi

scandi said:
I agree Dingo. It was in print so posted it just so we'd know what's going on. Can't just post news if you agree with it. ;)

Scandi
I know Scandi....Im not shooting the messenger:)

Cousteau criticises Irwin's approach
Marine explorer JEAN-MICHEL COUSTEAU has accused late naturalist STEVE IRWIN of "interfering" with animals - insisting the tragic star would still be alive today if he had been more restrained. Cousteau, who is promoting his new two-part TV special, JEAN-MICHEL COUSTEAU: OCEAN ADVENTURES - AMERICA'S UNDERWATER TREASURES, insists he respects the CROCODILE HUNTER star, who died on 4 September (06) after being speared through the heart by a stingray. But he has reservations about Irwin's rough treatment of nature, admitting that, while it makes for good television, it is not the most respectful approach. He says Irwin would "interfere with nature, jump on animals, grab them, hold them, and have this very, very spectacular, dramatic way of presenting things. "Of course, it goes very well on television. It sells, it appeals to a lot people, but I think it's very misleading. "You don't touch nature, you just look at it. And that's why I'm still alive. I've been diving for over 61 years - many more years that he was alive - and I don't mess with nature."---------------------------------------------
Vermont event with Cousteau

Event Title: Jean-Michel Cousteau Public Presentation,
Event Type: Weekend / Events
Event Detail: Ira Allen Chapel, University of Vermont, 5 p.m. Oct. 5. Jean-Michel Cousteau will show a film of his work followed by a Q&A session.
Start Time: 5 p.m. Location: 26 University Place, Burlington VT 05405 -map-

UVM ECHO

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PHILIPPE COUSTEAU, a grandson of the legendary oceanographer Jacques Cousteau, was on board Steve Irwin's boat at the time of the Australian's freakish death, it emerged yesterday.

Mr Cousteau has promised to complete the film on which the two men were collaborating.

Mr Cousteau, 26, whose father died in an air crash before he was born, said it would be difficult to complete the documentary, The Ocean's Deadliest, without Irwin. The work was profiling some of the world's most dangerous sea creatures.

But Mr Cousteau, who is head of the conservation group EarthEcho International, said the work would be completed as a tribute to Irwin, who died on Monday aged 44.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If Philippe Cousteau would have been there I would have gone.But since it was Jean-Michel,I did not want to attend.
Respectfully,
dark-shadows

Everyone has there opinon. If you watch animal planet or PBS you'll see some don't get close but SOME do. Some don't handle and some do....
I googled Jean-Michael and he does swim with dangerous things in the ocean.
And for him to say that's why he's still alive, that's in god's hand. My late dad would say, luck was on his side.
My point is Steve's was just a plain accident with the stingray.

Pharlap said:
Everyone has there opinon. If you watch animal planet or PBS you'll see some don't get close but SOME do. Some don't handle and some do....
I googled Jean-Michael and he does swim with dangerous things in the ocean.
And for him to say that's why he's still alive, that's in god's hand. My late dad would say, luck was on his side.
My point is Steve's was just a plain accident with the stingray.
Hello Pharlap,:)
Thank-you very much for your post.It is very well said.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Just came to post that Dingo....lol

Good on the Dixie Chicks :)

I saw that on the news Dingo, she is absolutely gorgeous that kid :)

Go Bindi!

She certainly has a larger than life personality......wonder where she got that from:D .
I thought Terri looked to be coping better...she seemes to have a bit of sparkle back in her eyes.

They both looked great. It was so good to see them out and smiling. :)

I was at the Supermarket earlier and there is Bindi, larger than life on the front page of The Daily Telegraph.
She is so adorable, it made me smile to see her cute little face. :blowkiss:

They probably made front page everywhere, I saw them on two, the Herald and the Telegraph....the others were all sold out, so I couldnt see lol

dingo said:
She certainly has a larger than life personality......wonder where she got that from:D .
I thought Terri looked to be coping better...she seemes to have a bit of sparkle back in her eyes.
Hasn't she just?

She is beyond cute that little girl.

Yes, I thought Terri looked alot better too.

The pic of them is so sweet.......aww.
Terri looks rather thin, hope she starts putting some weight back on...

Chris many felt that way about his handling of animals.
Not just your sis.
I adored Steve but I know many biologists and people that work with animals thought he did not handle them well.

Did anyone see the latest at the grocery check out? I can't recall what tabloid it was but they had this huge cover pic of Steve and the a side pic of a supposedly decked out Teri.
I don;t even think it was her. But It was nasty. The title indicated she wasn't the grieving widow.

I just thought it was awful! She must have refused to give them an exclusive or something. I hope she sues the hell out of them.
Is nothing sacred?
This women lost her husband and could not be more down to earth and the tabloids are going to make it out like she is Paris Hilton or some *advertiser censored*??

Pharlap said:
The pic of them is so sweet.......aww.
Terri looks rather thin, hope she starts putting some weight back on...
Terri is always thin, I dont think she is any thinner than she normally is.

Amraann said:
Chris many felt that way about his handling of animals.
Not just your sis.
I adored Steve but I know many biologists and people that work with animals thought he did not handle them well.

Did anyone see the latest at the grocery check out? I can't recall what tabloid it was but they had this huge cover pic of Steve and the a side pic of a supposedly decked out Teri.
I don;t even think it was her. But It was nasty. The title indicated she wasn't the grieving widow.

I just thought it was awful! She must have refused to give them an exclusive or something. I hope she sues the hell out of them.
Is nothing sacred?
This women lost her husband and could not be more down to earth and the tabloids are going to make it out like she is Paris Hilton or some *advertiser censored*??
Nope.
Poor Terri, she looks to be doing okay though...:)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back