Steven Avery & Brendan Dassey get new representation

If Avery was so obviously guilty, why did 7 of 12 jurors initially vote for not guilty ? Were they asleep during the trial and the State's overwhelming evidence ? Obviously, a jury and appeals courts thought him guilty the 1st time around until NEW EVIDENCE was presented. I'm willing to wait and see what Ms. Zellner comes up with ...

Exactly!! When people use "well a jury convicted him/her" as an argument for guilt, it makes me crazy. Juries aren't always right - especially when they're presented with flawed or manufactured evidence.

Working maybe? She primarily works to exonerate death row inmates. Perhaps the national outrage over this case has illuminated the gross injustice, and she saw the opportunity to make a real difference in the sytem by stepping up.

She certainly doesn't need the fame, or the cash, she clearly expresses her belief that SA is innocent and that evidence was planted.

s/ What a "sucker" she must be huh? /s

Again, where was she 9 years ago? Imo, she didn't give a rats about his "innocence" until the whole world got in on it.

Again, where was she 9 years ago? Imo, she didn't give a rats about his "innocence" until the whole world got in on it.

See the Ryan Ferguson / Mario Casciaro cases ... Ferguson spent 10 years in prison before Zellner got him out.

LE didn't need to look into that..... they "knew" SA did it.
Just one more example of something they probably didn't even look into.

IMO, the devil is in the details here and Zellner will eventually find the missing details.

anddddddd a new twitter for the day...
Kathleen Zellner ‏@ZellnerLaw 1h1 hour ago
Kratz letter: My client will never admit guilt but so appreciate you sending your DNA on envelope.#MakingAMurderer.
letter from kratz.jpg

WTH does that mean???? why would she want his DNA?????

anddddddd a new twitter for the day...
Kathleen Zellner ‏@ZellnerLaw 1h1 hour ago
Kratz letter: My client will never admit guilt but so appreciate you sending your DNA on envelope.#MakingAMurderer.
attachment.php

WTH does that mean???? why would she want his DNA?????

There is just wayyyyy too many people involved with this case that really really really should seek some mental health counseling....why would the prosecutor in August of 2015 be sending a letter to SA? The only thing I could think of was that SA was sending him letters.

Let's add to the weirdness....his office is in Superior WI and the letter was mailed from St. Paul MN....185 miles from Superior according to Google Maps. I would suspect the local post office would have stamped it also if it went from Superior to St Paul and then out for delivery?? I don't know.

Most sane attorneys wouldn't respond to a letter from the person they sent to prison. He probably knew MaM would be airing soon and was trying to get something out of Avery he could try to use against him. Or, maybe Kratz was offering him his legal services. He does seem to be an idiot like that.

This is what I was thinking too. He may have knows this documentary was coming out. It's very strange though, isn't it? lol

I'm more intrigued about what Zellner wants to do with his DNA LOL

This is what I was thinking too. He may have knows this documentary was coming out. It's very strange though, isn't it? lol

[video=youtube;arZdeg_fL-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arZdeg_fL-I[/video]

Lol... Maybe plant it somewhere to prove a point.

I think she/he means if Brendan had high priced lawyers for his trial as SA did, and not public defenders; who seem to have their own agenda anyways.

A bit of a plug for public defenders - not all of them are bad at their jobs. In fact, Dean Strang was the federal public defender in Wisconsin for years. Many high priced attorneys also do public defender work. I've seen families mortgage their homes to pay an attorney when the attorney appointed by the court was a far better defense attorney. They hear public defender and think if it's not costing them anything that someone they pay must be better which often isn't the case.

Lol... Maybe plant it somewhere to prove a point.

Yeah I felt like she was just taunting him about how easy it is to get someone's DNA.

Yeah I felt like she was just taunting him about how easy it is to get someone's DNA.

I think you are right, but Bill Gates has an old saying "“Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.”

This isn't a game---this is about justice for Teresa Halbach.

I think you are right, but Bill Gates has an old saying "“Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.”

This isn't a game---this is about justice for Teresa Halbach.

Imo it's more about justice for SA & (hopefully BD!) In so far as K Zellner is concerned. LE toyed with SA's life, very much like a game of Cat & Mouse. Maybe Zellner is just returning the favor.

A bit of a plug for public defenders - not all of them are bad at their jobs. In fact, Dean Strang was the federal public defender in Wisconsin for years. Many high priced attorneys also do public defender work. I've seen families mortgage their homes to pay an attorney when the attorney appointed by the court was a far better defense attorney. They hear public defender and think if it's not costing them anything that someone they pay must be better which often isn't the case.

I think that even good public defenders probably have such a big caseload that it's difficult for them to be thorough

Exactly!! When people use "well a jury convicted him/her" as an argument for guilt, it makes me crazy. Juries aren't always right - especially when they're presented with flawed or manufactured evidence.

All one ever needs to do is remember that Casey Anthony is walking free, as it speaks volumes about how easily a jury can come to a totally wrong conclusion.

I do not know yet if Avery is innocent but I believe a new trial, with a change of venue, is in order. I am not convinced that someone in that area of the world did not take advantage of a situation where Avery might be framed. I am familiar with the area and believe me, the idea of someone having an agenda is not much of a stretch, imo.

Too bad Ann Rule died, she would have been my author of choice to write about this case. Although she didn't suffer fools lightly and probably would not have seen Avery as innocent.

Anyone remember the case of Riley Fox? Well, as it turns out, a special forum was created for her murder case as well.

While that occurred before my time on WS, I had followed her case back in the day. And I was unsurprised her father, Kevin Fox's conviction was vacated. Simply bc imho, trial by media does not have the greatest track record. That and, the more the feeding frenzy, the more cautious I tend to be with regard to vocally, and with conviction, declaring someone guilty as so many did in this case. Especially if they haven't even been tried.

But, I digress. What surprised me today? It turns out Zellner was Fox's attorney.

Anyway, reviewing an old, yet high profile case, that involved a vacated conviction, is extremely fascinating. Funny, how, no matter how much things change, they stay the same!

:scale: Love it! That woman definitely has a way with words!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back