Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder? #2

Discussion in 'Netflix Series: Making A Murderer' started by bessie, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Laura Mountford

Laura Mountford Active Member

I agree. He managed to hack into TH phone and didn't he delete voicemails or something? I remember it coming up that he had tried to guess her password several times in court. Also, how many times do you see the killer being the one who leads a search team? That doesn't mean he is the killer but it often happens. They are over compensating and trying too hard to hide in plain sight. Look at Skylar Neese' killers. One of her killers led the search party and put up the missing person posters. Clever and creepy....

RookieInvestigator and missy1974 like this.
  2. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

The voicemails ... her brother admitted to accessing them, but didn't think he deleted any. I would have to go back and look now, but at one point during those 3 days before she was reported missing, her VM was full, but then there were messages left after that, so it's a bit confusing. It's possible they self deleted after so many days, but... no one asked Cingular those questions. JMO

The ex said he "guessed" her password to her online cingular account, this is supposedly where they got a printout of her calls that day. It's referenced in the first few pages of the CASO report, where Barb's phone number is listed as belonging to "Steven Avery". :rolleyes:

3. Errrr

Errrr Well-Known Member

I thought websleuths was about analyzing evidence and court proceedings, not sensationalized, highly edited TV programs?
    Maybe people should add some transcripts and evidence disallowed at trial and evidence after trial, to their reading list?
    I can see why so many people believe in lottery tickets given that they can believe so many people secretly involved in a conspiracy.

TheRevWells and cryscrys like this.
  4. Errrr

Errrr Well-Known Member

“Of course we left out evidence,” Ricciardi later said at the 2016 Television Critics Association press tour. “There would have been no other way of doing it. We were not putting on a trial, but a film. Of what was omitted, the question is: was it really significant? The secret is no.”

5. missy1974

Did you read more than just this thread? There are numerous pages of threads with exactly what you say, transcripts, evidence disallowed at trial, evidence admitted into evidence, all of the appeal documents (which included "new" evidence). The netflix documentary introduced the "story" to many, some have actually gone on to read everything available, some have not, and that includes people that believe they are guilty, those that believe 1 or both are innocent, or that they deserve new trials. There are people that are still requesting information through the FOIA and are still finding things that were not known back in 2006. Interestingly enough, it's why I popped back into the forum.. someone finally figured out when Colborn called in TH's plates.

AC on Twitter

Confirmed: Colborn’s call time is at 9:22pm on November 3rd, 2005

If you need any assistance in finding information, let me know :)

Most documents can be found here: Steven Avery Trial Transcripts and Documents some of the most recent appeal docs can be found here: Filings | WorkWithKZ

IDK and RookieInvestigator like this.
  6. Errrr

Errrr Well-Known Member

Yes, and I also read “Indefensible” which explains really well how information was manipulated, portrayed and intended. The probability statistics of a frame-up is enough for me though. Maybe that is too complicated to understand though. As I said, a lot of people buy lottery tickets. At least the probability of winning is greater than SA of being innocent!

7. Errrr

Errrr Well-Known Member

I believe in the jury. Were they a set-up as well?

8. missy1974

That would be your opinion. Others have a different opinion.

The book by Michael Griesbach also didn't have all the evidence, and it also had factual errors, which I believe he acknowledges IIRC from his AMA's on reddit.

The actual transcripts, documents, photo's, appeals filed, rulings are available, no need to rely on a book or a Netflix series at this point IMO.

I believe in juries as well, however, I also understand and believe that juries do sometimes get it wrong. Just as an example... Casey Anthony.

Also JMO.

IDK and masyann like this.
  9. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

A judge has rejected a man's bid for a new trial in a Wisconsin killing featured in the Netflix series "Making a Murderer."

Judge Angela Sutkiewicz on Thursday denied Steven Avery's request in the 2005 killing of photographer Teresa Halbach.

Halbach's remains were found in the Avery family's salvage yard. Avery argued the state turned over bones to the Halbach family without notifying the defense, but WLUK-TV reports the judge ruled that does not mean Avery should get a new trial.

Judge Turns Down Steven Avery's Request For New Trial

10. RookieInvestigator

RookieInvestigator Well-Known Member

Was that the same judge Zellner asked to be removed from the case?

11. Tippy Lynn

The motion also calls for Judge Angela Sutkiewicz to remove herself from presiding over the Avery case in circuit court. Zellner says Sutkiewicz lacks the ability to be impartial.

Steven Avery's attorney requests new trial, new judge

angelainwi and IDK like this.
  12. missy1974

I don't think this was unexpected at all. I have not read the decision yet myself, but from what I have read about others opinions.... the judge made some leaps to come to the decision that she did. I'm not sure how it can be that the bones aren't human so it was okay to give them to the family. If I was the family, I would be PISSED right now! But that's JMO.

This will just get added to the ever growing list to add to the appeal. If the appeals court decided that any of the issues warrant a second look, this decision may also allow for a new judge as well if it goes back to the lower courts.

Tippy Lynn likes this.
  13. Tippy Lynn

Agreed!

missy1974 likes this.