Steven Powell arrested in Washington State

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree holly blue I was only putting out there a possibility. I've been awake all night. Going to lay down now. I shouldn't post when I'm very tired.

Can you all call me if breaking news comes about today? LOL

im so glad to see that something is finally shaking loose in this case... its about dang time.
YAY & KUDOS to the investigators!!! it will be interesting to hear mr. powell sr. make excuses for the *advertiser censored*...im sure it was planted (eye roll)... :/

Ed Troyer gave interviews on the Dori Monson show at noon today and the Ron and Don show at 3:00, both can be downloaded as podcasts from mynorthwest.com.

A few highlights, some haven't been mentioned in this thread...

- There could definitely be more charges filed against Steven Powell. They just filed these to get him off the streets so that he couldn't victimize anyone else.
- Some of the photos were from parks and other public places in the neighborhood where children congregate.
- Troyer implied that Powell was able to take pictures through the cracks in blinds.
- Very high end camera equipment and lots of computers.
- They are investigating whether or not he shared these pictures online.
- They have hundreds of pages of the Steven Powell investigation that won't be made public until the trial.
- Troyer was VERY careful with his words when asked if this case would be used to leverage information about the Susan Powell disappearance.

Other highlights from Dori's show
- They had speculated in the past that Steven Powell's
- A listener reported that Steven Powell attended her Zumba class and she thought it super creepy at the time. It was mostly women in the class, some brought their kids.
- Dori pointed out that this development makes Steven's creepy song lyrics that much creepier...

http://stevechantrey.com/

"I'm Missing You"

"Mi Muñequita"

"I Love It When You Dance for Me"

the lyrics REALLY REALLY CREEP me out... thats just wrong. :(

Icky... I thought those songs and the man himself were creepy before but I knew nothing.... Now this is creepy. I hope he's just a hopeless old perv and hasn't physically hurt anyone but who's to know that? Hopefully everybody who has gotten any disturbing vibes from him whatsoever calls the police and tells what they know.

The songs were bad enough when I pictured him drooling over DIL's underwear while singing them but peeping at small children singing them is worse. No, Steve, none of the little girls want to play doll house with you.

I want this to be the break in Susan's case but even if it's not I'm happy he's off the streets for a while.

I haven't commented on this case but I have been following it because I live in Canada and I grew up in the Pacific Northwest. If you live in B.C. you can get KOMO (ABC affiliate), KING (NBC affiliate), KIRO (CBS affiliate),and KCPQ (Fox affiliate) on cable. I also browse their websites, especially KOMO and I have the their apps on my iphone. We don't get NWCN on cable but I also have that iphone app.

I showed my husband the story on my phone of SP's arrest, I had also shown him the earlier stories from last month about SP's media appearances. All I can say is ewwww and I'm glad that he's in jail. I just have to wonder how much involvement both SP and JP have in Susan Powell's disappearance. It's sad that if she is dead (which is likely) that her body hasn't been found yet. I do hope her parents can get custody of her 2 sons and keep them away from JP.

You can also look up the information about Steven Powell's arrest on the Pierce County LINX website:

http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/cfapps/linx/main.cfm

http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/cfapps/linx/calendar/GetCriminalCase.cfm?cause_num=11-1-03893-1

check the Pierce County current Jail roster

http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/cfapps/linx/Search.cfm#jailRoster

http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/cfapps/linx/calendar/GetBooking.cfm?booking_id=2011265067

and check the Washington State Court records:

http://dw.courts.wa.gov/

for more information in other Washington counties.

I believe they are upside down on that Utah house. Probably NO chance of selling it at this point, and no equity to borrow against. He is renting it out now, probably barely making even, if that.

gwenabob, was there a bankruptcy in the mix? IIRC

Remember the refrigerator magnets episode? The realtor license fiasco? He rented an office suite for his real estate venture; I don't think it was just a mail drop but an actual office. We drove to that address that he had listed and it was an office building. All of the money that josh spent on nonsense. I thought that they were living on her salary in WVC. Also, I don't think he was working long enough to get unemployment. IIRC he just didn't show up at work that Monday, that should preclude him getting benefits.

I have wondered about Steven Powell in Lindsey Baum and Nancy Moyer and other cases for a long time.
All of this information only strengthens my thoughts on that.

I can only HOPE that he photographs everything he does... and that if he had anything to do with any missing women, that he has photographs of them.

I am also really wondering if LE do believe that he was producing and/or distributing images??

If they DO believe that then they might freeze his assets.

If they believe he got his money through illegal activity... they might freeze it all.
Which will eliminate any funds he would have for an attorney... or anything else. :crazy:

If true, why wouldn't Josh have been in Washington with Dad to have a better alibi??
Have the kids stay with his sister, since it would be obvious to everyone that Susan wouldn't want them in Washington without her.
He could have really thrown suspicion OFF of himself by being out of the state and being able to prove it.

I think it's a bit early to be speculating about SP's involvement in other missing persons or homicide cases. Someone who takes *advertiser censored* pictures and videos for their own enjoyment (ugh) does not always advance to murder or kidnapping. JMO, though.
A poster mentioned a couple pages back about their inability to understand what makes a pedophile tick, how they could get enjoyment out of taking or even looking at children undressed in the tub, etc. My belief is that while most of us wouldn't find it even remotely entertaining, there are sickos out there who do, sadly. For some weird reason, they are turned on by the sight of a nude child and many find sexual gratification from these films and pictures. That's how their brains work. It's just as incomprehensible to us as the thought of serial killers who find some type of gratification in torturing and killing people. It is about power, yes... but it is also about feeding their sick and twisted minds. They NEED to do it, just as we need water or fuel for our bodies. Hard to rationalize, but maybe we are not meant to understand them. There are some things in this world that are beyond our understanding.

It is possible that SP may have been involved in Susan's disappearance but I really doubt that he was the one who murdered Susan. It's quite possible that he knows Josh did, and has concealed that knowledge and helped him cover up the crime, or at the least, advised Josh on how to cover it up.

I remember Kiirsi talking about Josh using her computer and her husband helping JP draw up a rental agreement when he was there to do maintenance and pick up his car. I honestly don't see how he could sell the house without Susan's signature. Many with real estate knowledge stated they wouldn't touch listing a house in the situation. (Same problem in the Palmgren case now. She's missing, yet he's trying to the sell the home) Wish we had knowledge on what the legal proceedings are (normally??) in selling a home owned..or partly owned by a missing person; but agree, if it can be sold, Susan's interests should go to the boys. The outstanding mortgage could be higher than what the house could be sold for...at this time. imo Any chance they had mortage insurance?

If her name isn't on any mortgage, only his, I would think he could sell it, couldn't he?

I haven't commented on this case but I have been following it because I live in Canada and I grew up in the Pacific Northwest. If you live in B.C. you can get KOMO (ABC affiliate), KING (NBC affiliate), KIRO (CBS affiliate),and KCPQ (Fox affiliate) on cable. I also browse their websites, especially KOMO and I have the their apps on my iphone. We don't get NWCN on cable but I also have that iphone app.

I showed my husband the story on my phone of SP's arrest, I had also shown him the earlier stories from last month about SP's media appearances. All I can say is ewwww and I'm glad that he's in jail. I just have to wonder how much involvement both SP and JP have in Susan Powell's disappearance. It's sad that if she is dead (which is likely) that her body hasn't been found yet. I do hope her parents can get custody of her 2 sons and keep them away from JP.

You can also look up the information about Steven Powell's arrest on the Pierce County LINX website:

http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/cfapps/linx/main.cfm

http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/cfapps/linx/calendar/GetCriminalCase.cfm?cause_num=11-1-03893-1

check the Pierce County current Jail roster

http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/cfapps/linx/Search.cfm#jailRoster

http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/cfapps/linx/calendar/GetBooking.cfm?booking_id=2011265067

and check the Washington State Court records:

http://dw.courts.wa.gov/

for more information in other Washington counties.

Thank you for the links.

Today is covering Susan's case coming up in a few minutes. Mr. Cox will be interviewed. I'll post a link when it is posted to their site.

wm

OMG! Today just showed 3 images of Susan's journals! Isn't that considered a 'copy'? They also said that SP had photos dating back to 10 years ago. Mr. Cox said that Susan told him about bing uncomfortable around SP but didn't want to go into details. Also said he and SP never got along....

Thank you for the links.

You can also look up civil, family court, and tax cases as well as criminal cases and the Pierce County jail roster on the Pierce County LINX website.

The main Pierce County website

http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/pc/

links to the LINX site as well as other useful information such as property tax and assessor information.

Good morning all! I wanted to start the day off with this humorous yet eye opening and informative piece by Jeanne Moos.

http://situationroom.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/21/creepy-skirt-peepers/?hpt=sr_mid

wm

ETA
who woulda thunk that peepers ae so prevalent or am I just naive?

Jeannie Moos is great; she does some funny pieces but this one she is dead on about. A few years ago I was helping some elderly neighbors [80s] with their yard sale. Another neighbor started chatting with me and another girl about the weather, the items for sale, etc. I thought it was a bit strange that he was so talkative so early in the morning; when I looked down, he had set his tote bag right by our feet and there was a video camera facing up. I was so clumsy I accidently spilled a whole mug of coffee on the bag. :innocent: He didn't seem to want to chat anymore.:floorlaugh: The other girl told me he was always going to yard/porch sales and setting the bag down at women's feet; clearly he had some 'thing' going on with that.

Since s is in jail under other charges, can. He be questioned on Susan disappearing?

JP could file for divorce in Court or Civil Court. Susan would be listed as a defendant in the case and, because she is missing, a legal notice would have to run in the newspaper for 30 days in an effort to notify her, if she doesn't answer that notice then JP would win by default and he could sell it.

He also can sell it but if the there was a buyer and Susan happened to show up, that buyer would not own the house and lose any money he put into it.

Divorce doesn't help him in this situation. It's a joint tenant situation, which means both parties must consent to the sale of the house.

The only way to sell it, is to have her declared legally dead, or for the PD to find her body. Her stake in the house reverts to Josh at that point.

The thing is that I am not sure that SP is a true pedo. A Pedo has a sexual attraction to children, usually of a certain age. And he will have no or only very limited attraction to an adult woman. It is sort of like a normal heterosexual male who is strongly attracted to redheaded women. He may date others, he may have relations with others, but he is going to chase redheaded women.

SP is more like rapist. Maybe a power rapist. The fact that he can see them, but they can't see him is what he gets off on. The fact that they don't know excites him. He can have his fantasy without interruption and he can imagine their response any way he wishes. But in his case, age doesn't matter or is only incidental. They just happen to be the ones he caught. Or maybe because they were different and new. Or maybe because he hoped they would be less observant or less likely to know what to do if they caught him. Or maybe simply because they are more open and freer with their bodies. When changing an adult woman might turn her back to a window, but a child is less likely to. But their age wasn't the attraction.

I am basing that on the fact that from the reports I get their were a lot of adult women in the photos. If his main attraction was children, he wouldn't have been interested in the women.

Now if he ever decided to bring himself to try to live out a fantasy, he might have tried with a child simply because they would be less threatening to him and less likely to be able to give out info to get him caught. At least the first time.

Since s is in jail under other charges, can. He be questioned on Susan disappearing?

If he has a lawyer I don't think they can question him on any crime unless his attorney is present. Now they can observe, they can listen to other inmates, they can accept any spontaneous discussions he offers and he can waiver his right to an attorney at any time. At least that is my impression.

The thing is that I am not sure that SP is a true pedo. A Pedo has a sexual attraction to children, usually of a certain age. And he will have no or only very limited attraction to an adult woman. It is sort of like a normal heterosexual male who is strongly attracted to redheaded women. He may date others, he may have relations with others, but he is going to chase redheaded women.

SP is more like rapist. Maybe a power rapist. The fact that he can see them, but they can't see him is what he gets off on. The fact that they don't know excites him. He can have his fantasy without interruption and he can imagine their response any way he wishes. But in his case, age doesn't matter or is only incidental. They just happen to be the ones he caught. Or maybe because they were different and new. Or maybe because he hoped they would be less observant or less likely to know what to do if they caught him. Or maybe simply because they are more open and freer with their bodies. When changing an adult woman might turn her back to a window, but a child is less likely to. But their age wasn't the attraction.

I am basing that on the fact that from the reports I get their were a lot of adult women in the photos. If his main attraction was children, he wouldn't have been interested in the women.

Now if he ever decided to bring himself to try to live out a fantasy, he might have tried with a child simply because they would be less threatening to him and less likely to be able to give out info to get him caught. At least the first time.

So, it's safe to say that he is one sick pup. [no offense to pups] I wonder if there is some split personality/delayed development going on because of his childhood?

It seems to me if JP's sister was aware of SP's obsession with *advertiser censored* in the early years, JP and the other siblings would have to know as well. Holy cow!! Just when you think it can't get any weirder.... **stare face**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheGingerSnoop