Steven Powell was involved in disappearance

I'm having the worst time not to scream out loud about an actual fact about SP's time off. I heard it long ago, but not from his employer as fact as now, thanks snupy. I think many are fed up and are releasing info in bits at a time since the SW release last Friday. Sp deserves as much as they can give him. Hopefully full sentences. He needs to fess up. I think he knows a lot more, like many here do. If he didn't do the deed, he surely provoked it with their upbringing. No different than a Warren Jeffs in my book. jmo May the families have strength to tell the truth for their families and future lives. I worry what they endured, Josh's mom too, JG already told what she went through at a young age. Can't imagine what the other children endured. Prayers for truth to find Susan and prayers for those hurt by it all.

Totally agree with you!!! They knew this from the get-go and they are releasing the info now as if it is a new development?! I'm sick to death of this stuff that SHOULD HAVE been looked into long ago!

Of course SP was in on the cover-up. Did he ever shed a tear for his own son's suicide or grandsons? The man is a sociopath. He wanted Susan's dead body so I'm sure JP and SP met and did something together with it.

I want to know if there was any follow up of SP's movements during those two days! Were there ever investigations into cell phone pings, debit card pur chases (ie: gas receipts, food, etc on the way towards Boise?) Did SP withdraw money to fund a road trip? Did Josh? What was the weather like during those days as the drive over the Blues can be very trecherous (sic?). That is a full day drive for both and they would have had to meet up and turn around to come back the following day. Where were the boys during those two days? If Josh and SP were conniving together - they would have had to call each other to arrange meet up times and place.

I have wondered about these things also. In the beginning, the WVPD did not want any citizen searches IIRC. I always thought that they should have contacted gas stations, motels, etc along any routes that may have been passable during the storm that evening to see if anyone recalled seeing JP and the boys. Citizen searchers could have done this. I don't think any of this was handled well, starting from day 1.

I suspect Josh and SP met somewhere in the Boise vicinity (~350 miles from WVC). Perhaps SP took the body and dumped it in an out of the way place on his way back to Puyallup. She might never be found, unfortunately. I definitely believe SP knows exactly where she is, and Josh might have been telling the truth when he said he didn't know where she was, technically.

BBM. I think they met there too. I have family in the NW and this was our meet in the middle place to trade off kids. Other people do this as well.

Totally agree with you!!! They knew this from the get-go and they are releasing the info now as if it is a new development?! I'm sick to death of this stuff that SHOULD HAVE been looked into long ago!

Of course SP was in on the cover-up. Did he ever shed a tear for his own son's suicide or grandsons? The man is a sociopath. He wanted Susan's dead body so I'm sure JP and SP met and did something together with it.

I don't think this information was released by WVCPD. I think the loyalty to WVCPD to respect the secrecy and the integrity of the investigation is crumbling. I think people will talk now because they are fed up that two little boys died because of Utah LE's inaction.

The crazy cousins are at it, again. Excuse me while I clean the puke from my computer.

Powell cousin: Search warrants show there wasn’t evidence to arrest Josh Powell

Court » Nathan Leach is first family member to voice support of Josh Powell following release of search warrants.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53847997-78/powell-josh-search-evidence.html.csp
Crazy cousins? I will excuse you while you clean your puke from your computer. I agree with Nathan Leach that the police sat around and did nothing. And the Powell cousin was right, there was not enough evidence to arrest JP. LE did not arrest him. I think it would be better to say WVPD is crazy. And I agree with him that if LE had evidence to arrest Josh Powell that they would have. From what I have read WVPD dropped the ball. I think it was unfortunate that WVPD did that honk and wave stunt to try to agitate JP, and agitate they did. WVPD was really stupid IMHO. JP could have got so agitated that he could have murdered Susan's parents also. Don't poke a stick at a snake is what I was taught. This whole cluster was handled very badly by WVPD, IMHO.

Crazy cousins? I will excuse you while you clean your puke from your computer. I agree with Nathan Leach that the police sat around and did nothing. And the Powell cousin was right, there was not enough evidence to arrest JP. LE did not arrest him. I think it would be better to say WVPD is crazy. And I agree with him that if LE had evidence to arrest Josh Powell that they would have. From what I have read WVPD dropped the ball. I think it was unfortunate that WVPD did that honk and wave stunt to try to agitate JP, and agitate they did. WVPD was really stupid IMHO. JP could have got so agitated that he could have murdered Susan's parents also. Don't poke a stick at a snake is what I was taught. This whole cluster was handled very badly by WVPD, IMHO.

There was less evidence against Scott Peterson and they had no trouble getting a conviction against him. Death penalty, no less. I believe there was enough circumstantial evidence--which is perfectly good evidence when there is enough to tell the story--to have gotten an arrest and conviction against JP.

Years ago some rental car companies started puting GPS on their vehicles to ensure that 1) if they were stolen they could be found, 2) if the renter advised he was only going to use the vehicle within the State lines and they go outside of state boundaries. I wonder if the rental agency that Josh rented the car of 800+ miles knew where he went.

The SL Trib is being tipped off by someone who wants the truth out. Good.

There was less evidence against Scott Peterson and they had no trouble getting a conviction against him. Death penalty, no less. I believe there was enough circumstantial evidence--which is perfectly good evidence when there is enough to tell the story--to have gotten an arrest and conviction against JP.

I think it would be interesting to do a spreadsheet and list the evidence against each side-by-side to see.

I'm wondering if the states (Washington & Minn.) that are releasing all they know or if it's to defend the WVC PD & released by them?

I think Washington was fed up possibly.

ETA, I think it's not about Susan and her boys at the moment and more CYA. I just think if the facts are put on the table, it's going to look worse for WVC and for the state not to take a chance and charge Josh or anyone else for that matter. That's as polite as I can put that.

I'm wondering if the states (Washington & Minn.) that are releasing all they know or if it's to defend the WVC PD & released by them?

I think Washington was fed up possibly.

Sure is curious. Not that I'm complaining.

Dessention within the ranks is possible.

They must have some suspicions about Alena; otherwise they wouldn't have seized her phone. I am actually a bit surprised that they were investigating Michael. I wonder if they have any new evidence with the most recent seizures.

Of course we do not know, but did they ever supoena the cell phone pings on Steven Powell's phone?

What I find interesting is that usually media will site an unnamed source. The Trib skips by all that and just reports on what they verified. I like that. I just wonder who is pointing the Trib in the right directions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back