Stowaway from Mexico gives self away, with a meow

Al_B

Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are s
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
El Paso _ A stowaway from Mexico at a Texas border crossing gave himself away -- by meowing. A woman driving from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, to El Paso yesterday asked customs officers to help her figure out strange sounds coming from the engine area.
The hood was popped. Authorities found a malnourished male kitten huddled behind the battery. A customs officer has taken gentle custody of the kitty and will care for it until a permanent home can be found.
http://kswo.com/Global/story.asp?S=7232235

Lucky kitty

EL PASO, Texas -- The purring coming from under the hood of a car at the U.S.-Mexico border Wednesday was not the mechanical kind -- it was the furry kind.

A Juarez woman arrived at the Paso Del Norte port of entry in El Paso, Texas around 4:30 a.m. and told the customs officer at the primary inspection booth that there were unusual noises coming from her vehicle.
http://www.kpho.com/news/14369282/detail.html

@$%^# gestapo police! Can't even let a malnourished and huddled immigrant through the border! Where's our humanity! :crazy:

I'd put long odds on that customs agent becoming the permanent home.

Aaawww see even kitties want to become US citizens.

Wonder what he'll name him?

I vote for IL....short for illegal immigrant :)

Sami

:laugh: :laugh:
@$%^# gestapo police! Can't even let a malnourished and huddled immigrant through the border! Where's our humanity! :crazy:

I'd put long odds on that customs agent becoming the permanent home.

:laugh: :laugh:

Sami

Sami

The article said they are considering Lucky, since the kitten is. ;) (Lucky, that is...)

awe remember the cat that stowed away on a freighter and went from Appleton WI to France and was found 2 months later and was still alive? One station had the graphics of a cat on top of a plane saying La meow La meow while he was on his way back to the states. For anyone in WI it was on TMJ4.

My hubby votes for "Everready" (the batteries)

my son who has just come in on mine and hubby's convo is going for either "Turbo" or "Revhead".

"Nope changed my mind" says hubby "Supre"

One of my kitties is named Hyclone because he used to chase his tail like a puppy and because he went around in both directions we couldn't work out whether to name him Cyclone or Hurricane!

Sami

I think they should name it "Stowie". : ) Lucky is such a dog's name! LOL The cat will grow up with an identity crisis on top of the abandonment issues from being whisked out of it's country during a nap.

Hmmm...I wonder if the kitty even understands English? This could propose another problem, as I see it. Going to need years of therapy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back