Stranger abduction theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me, if Kyron went out the south entrance by the field, that would have been brazen. He would have had to go quite a ways to that access road and chance being seen by a lot of people during the trek. Plus, kids behind the fence might have asked him what he was doing out there as they could have seen him quite easily. The south entrance would have had more people around, but the distance would have been much shorter - just a few steps.

I'm not so sure I completely agree with this. We don't know if many of the blinds on windows at the front of the school were still pulled from sunlight coming in the afternoon before. And we also don't know how many people were in the classrooms looking out over the front of the school, most people could have been in the gym or somewhere a little before 9 o'clock that day. So we don't know how likely somebody seeing him/Terri/whoever exiting thru the west door and going along the track/access road. Also I kind of doubt there were kids in the playground area in front of the school when Kyron went missing. The groundskeeper not seeing him may be a big clue but maybe he also cut the grass in an area which cut off his line of sight from the school.

I do agree that it only takes seconds to get out the east exit onto the parking lot and a predator could have convinced him to follow him out that way or perhaps Kyron went by himself to the parking lot for some reason (to try and catch his mom or something).

I'm not so sure I completely agree with this. We don't know if many of the blinds on windows at the front of the school were still pulled from sunlight coming in the afternoon before. And we also don't know how many people were in the classrooms looking out over the front of the school, most people could have been in the gym or somewhere a little before 9 o'clock that day. So we don't know how likely somebody seeing him/Terri/whoever exiting thru the west door and going along the track/access road. Also I kind of doubt there were kids in the playground area in front of the school when Kyron went missing. The groundskeeper not seeing him may be a big clue but maybe he also cut the grass in an area which cut off his line of sight from the school.

I do agree that it only takes seconds to get out the east exit onto the parking lot and a predator could have convinced him to follow him out that way or perhaps Kyron went by himself to the parking lot for some reason (to try and catch his mom or something).

I didn't mean seeing him from the school building, I meant from the play area in front of the school. However, it is purely an assumption because I don't know if a lot of kids were out there during the Science Fair or if they were all inside the building. Sure would be nice if we had pics of the activities going on around the school that day!

Even if the blinds were open, I don't know how much could have been seen from the windows because of the way the school is laid out. I would have loved to have been able to go inside and take pictures from those windows too!

Evidently some time after this episode, around 10am, when roll call was being done, the teacher remembered that Kyron had a doctor's appointment and marked him absent. This doctor's appointment has been a bone of contention since it has not been confirmed as being for June 4. As everything else in this case, confusion reigned. Nothing is certain except Kyron is missing.

JMHO .... The Dr. appointment could be the teacher doing nothing but covering her a$$. Busy, chaotic morning, kids out of routine because of science fair, extra people in the building, younger siblings accompanying the parents of older children - a gong show. When Ks absence from the classroom was noted by a classmate, teacher pops off the first excuse which comes to mind - a Dr. appointment. Liability lurking in the background, she adds this info to that days ROA, verbally reinforcing her explanation with the classmate and parent volunteer.

MSM has mentioned on numerous occasions that frequent contact was made between TH and the teacher. TH was an active presence in Ks classroom throughout the year. I would be interested to know what the nature of TH relationship was with Ks teacher ( no, not making a lesbian inference) and/or other parent volunteers, specifically if she complained about Ks behaviors openly, talked about her marriage, Baby K, etc. Again, moo and all that .... Closer examination needs to be made of who was in that classroom on the days leading up to June 4, the day of, and immediately following and/or other volunteers who may have been present throughout the year.

I do not believe the abductor was a stranger in the literal sense. More than likely he/she was someone familiar with school layout, at minimum casually acquainted with children & parents who were part of daily routine @ Skyline, and most importantly, someone who, if observed having direct contact with K
would not have drawn attention or concern. It could very well be that an abductor was intent on taking a child that day and K happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

When LE spoke with TH and Kyron's teacher when he was first missing, waouldn't it have been an immediate she said/she said situation ? Kyron's teacher saying that TH said she was taking Kyron to the doctor. TH saying, no, no, I told her it was next week for the doc's appointment...

And given that the immediate family is usually first to be looked at in missing children's cases, I'm wondering about a few things... Why didn't LE impound the Horman's truck right away ? And IIRC, there was much talk about Kyron having wandered off into the woods by himself,and getting lost.... In fact, a HUGE SAR was mounted, especially in the woods around Skyline... Much discussion about Kyron surviving in the woods alone... Why would anyone think Kyron had wandered off by himself, if it all came down to TH and Kyron's teacher saying conflicting things ?

Just baffling,IMO

All JMO

floorplanofSkyline.jpg

Where is the back door on this map the groundskeeper said he saw kids come out of?

When LE spoke with TH and Kyron's teacher when he was first missing, waouldn't it have been an immediate she said/she said situation ? Kyron's teacher saying that TH said she was taking Kyron to the doctor. TH saying, no, no, I told her it was next week for the doc's appointment...

And given that the immediate family is usually first to be looked at in missing children's cases, I'm wondering about a few things... Why didn't LE impound the Horman's truck right away ? And IIRC, there was much talk about Kyron having wandered off into the woods by himself,and getting lost.... In fact, a HUGE SAR was mounted, especially in the woods around Skyline... Much discussion about Kyron surving in the woods alone... Why would anyone think Kyron had wandered off by himself, if it all came down to TH and Kyron's teacher saying conflicting things ?

Just baffling,IMO

All JMO

All we know of Terri's words about Kyron is that she waved to him as she was leaving. The teacher conflicts that by covering her own butt. Everyone assumes that Terri is only saying what she said to cover hers. There is no inherent proof to determine which woman is covering her butt. The only thing we have is a little boy who suggests that he saw Kyron after Terri left and tried to get the attention of the teacher to tell her Kyron wasn't there. When he was shut down, he assumed Kyron had left with..........someone. I doubt a little boy automatically believes his desk mate has just been snatched by someone from the school. A teacher wanting to save her job in the economy as described by people who live there....well, seems to me, she would say she believed he left with his mother.

All we know of Terri's words about Kyron is that she waved to him as she was leaving. The teacher conflicts that by covering her own butt. Everyone assumes that Terri is only saying what she said to cover hers. There is no inherent proof to determine which woman is covering her butt. The only thing we have is a little boy who suggests that he saw Kyron after Terri left and tried to get the attention of the teacher to tell her Kyron wasn't there. When he was shut down, he assumed Kyron had left with..........someone. I doubt a little boy automatically believes his desk mate has just been snatched by someone from the school. A teacher wanting to save her job in the economy as described by people who live there....well, seems to me, she would say she believed he left with his mother.

Thanks for your post. IIRC, though, it wasn't the little boy who noticed that Kyron was missing. It was the chaperone who was responsible for taking a group of kids around the exhibits... The conversation that we have heard about took place between this chaperone and Kyron's teacher....
The little boy said that he heard this conversation...

All JMO

And, where was Kyron's backpack? Wasn't it left in the classroom? Why would Terri take him and not take his backpack? On the other hand, a 'stranger' might not know about nor be bothered by the existence of a backpack.

Sorry, this is OT.I would like to start a thread, and do not know how... The title of my thread is : What ONE piece of information do you wish you had,( other than the obvious one of what happened to Kyron ? ) Can anyone point me in the direction of how to begin a thread ? Many TIA...

Sorry, this is OT.I would like to start a thread, and do not know how... The title of my thread is : What ONE piece of information do you wish you had,( other than the obvious one of what happened to Kyron ? ) Can anyone point me in the direction of how to begin a thread ? Many TIA...
Go to the main page of this forum

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=410"]Kyron Horman MISSING! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

At the top left there is a big 'button' that says 'New Thread'. Click it, and put in the name of what you want to call it, and make whatever comment, you can press the preview button to see how it looks, make changes if you want, and, in the end you press the submit button and there you go!!!

Personally, I think that if he was abducted by a "stranger" (which I would define as a person other than one of his 4 parents) it was somebody he had met whom he was okay to be alone with. He might not have known he was going to be leaving school with that person. For instance, if he met the person in the hallway and that person said "I brought a really cool experiment display to show your class and its outside in my truck, Come help me bring it in".... and he would have gone without too much concern as he knew this person was an associate of one of his parents. If his parent(s) considered the person a "friend" then he would have done so also.

And yes, I realize that would mean that the "stranger" got him out of the school unnoticed which is hard to believe but we are pretty sure that someone got him out unnoticed, so that issue is going to exist no matter who the person was.

[ame="http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25354"]missing 7 yr old boy - Astrologers' Community[/ame]
Here's some interesting reading on the case for those interested. I found it a bit unnerving when i read it.
I felt it pertained best to the topic of this thread, because it goes into a possible abduction of Kyron, but not by any family member.

floorplanofSkyline.jpg

Where is the back door on this map the groundskeeper said he saw kids come out of?

MsSuzanne, I would like to know this too.

Does anyone have a photo showing the flower beds (or whatever) that the groundskeeper saw the kids come out and look at?

Does anyone have a photo showing the view the groundskeeper* would have to see this exit door and the flower beds? In others words, has anyone stood on the soccer field and took a picture from the angle the groundskeeper was and what he would see when he was looking that way towards the children who came out the door and looked at the flower beds (or whatever they are).

AND

CAN ANY OF YOU THAT HAVE TAKEN PHOTOS - GO ON THE DAY OF THE VOLUNTEER CLEANUP AT THE SCHOOL AND TAKE PHOTOS OF WHERE ALL THE VEHICLES PARK AND HOW IT LOOKS WHEN LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE AT THE SCHOOL? Especially if any folks park on that little side road that Kaine's truck was supposedly sighted as being parked. THANKS

*Of course you wouldn't know his exact location, but just a few photos from where he may have been on the soccer field.

Have you seen this.I thought this was interesting.I'll post this again.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beaverton...ual_assault_at_fanno_creek_park.html#comments

snipped

BEAVERTON -- Police today released a composite sketch of a suspect in a sexual assault case against a 13-year-old boy in Fanno Creek Park Monday afternoon.

At about 2:35 p.m. Monday, police received a report that while the boy was picking blackberries in the park, he was approached by a 50- to 60-year-old man and sexually assaulted about 150 yards south of Denney Road, said Pam Yazzolino, Beaverton police
spokeswoman. Police Tuesday had said the assault occurred in Greenway Park, but today corrected the location to Fanno Creek Park
I'm curious.Have they found out any more on this guy yet?

I know that LE said that parents need not be alarmed because this is an "isolated case", but there is a very slim chance that it could have been a stranger abduction. LE are not 100% sure obviously. I would still be concerned as a parent though, if my child were to have to go back to that school, because what if it turned out to be that Kyron was abducted by a stranger. Don't think i would be too comfortable until this case is solved, and the general public does know for sure what actually did happen.

I wouldn't be afraid to send my hypothetical child back, so long as the school had a record of performing well in other areas (low absentee rate, low rate of behavioural problems, high levels of academic achievement, etc).

I would have sent my child back to school 7 June 2010, in fact. In the two weeks immediately after Kyron's disappearance, I am certain that Skyline was probably the most secure school in Oregon, if not the entire US.

Since Kyron went missing, I am quite certain that the school's routines have been examined, re-examined and tightened up until it is probably now a highly secure environment. It is a lot easier to tighten up security in an environment where most other things are run efficiently and effectively than it is to tighten up security in an environment where there is a lot of slack.

I'd be more nervous in 5-10 years, once Kyron's disappearance has faded in memory and the drawbacks of tight security are more prominent.

This seems reasonable. Assuming that there was indeed a doctor's appointment for the following Friday, which would be easy for LE to verify.

And given that the immediate family is usually first to be looked at in missing children's cases, I'm wondering about a few things... Why didn't LE impound the Horman's truck right away ?

I don't know why they didn't but I think it may be that they did examine the Horman's truck early on but found nothing out of the ordinary in/on it. Since it belonged to Kyron's family, one would expect to find Kyron's fingerprints, skin cells, saliva, snot, hair, even small amounts of blood or urine (from a nosebleed or potty accident, for example).

Unless they found a large amount of blood or tissue that did not belong outside of a body inside the truck, there would be no point in impounding the truck. Oh, and no unusual amounts of bleach or anything like that. The presence of normal trace evidence associated with Kyron would have absolutely no value as evidence in court, so no point in impounding the truck.

And IIRC, there was much talk about Kyron having wandered off into the woods by himself,and getting lost.... In fact, a HUGE SAR was mounted, especially in the woods around Skyline... Much discussion about Kyron surviving in the woods alone... Why would anyone think Kyron had wandered off by himself, if it all came down to TH and Kyron's teacher saying conflicting things ?

Just baffling,IMO
All JMO

I think it is an established fact that there was a huge SAR effort on the terrain surrounding the school. But the reasons behind that search, I think LE left unsaid (so far as I can remember).

At first, I think they were covering all possibilities because they just didn't know what happened. As the investigation progressed, I assume they eliminated certain possibilities and other possibilities gained probability.

I think the SAR effort could in part have been playing the odds. Most children who disappear are found within a certain distance of their own homes, whether they wander off or are killed for various reasons.

This seems reasonable. Assuming that there was indeed a doctor's appointment for the following Friday, which would be easy for LE to verify.

I don't know why they didn't but I think it may be that they did examine the Horman's truck early on but found nothing out of the ordinary in/on it. Since it belonged to Kyron's family, one would expect to find Kyron's fingerprints, skin cells, saliva, snot, hair, even small amounts of blood or urine (from a nosebleed or potty accident, for example).

Unless they found a large amount of blood or tissue that did not belong outside of a body inside the truck, there would be no point in impounding the truck. Oh, and no unusual amounts of bleach or anything like that. The presence of normal trace evidence associated with Kyron would have absolutely no value as evidence in court, so no point in impounding the truck.

I think it is an established fact that there was a huge SAR effort on the terrain surrounding the school. But the reasons behind that search, I think LE left unsaid (so far as I can remember).

At first, I think they were covering all possibilities because they just didn't know what happened. As the investigation progressed, I assume they eliminated certain possibilities and other possibilities gained probability.

I think the SAR effort could in part have been playing the odds. Most children who disappear are found within a certain distance of their own homes, whether they wander off or are killed for various reasons.

When I think about it, there must have been an appointment for some date.Otherwise, TH would not have had any chance of being convincing ( assuming her involvement, which I doubt). Interesting...

About the truck ; if they had impounded it right away, and found a few spots of fresh blood, that would have been an excellent point for LE to start an interrogation of TH. Imagine : your stepson goes missing, AND his blood drops are found in your truck. Her story would have began to crumble ,IMO....

I agree somewhat about the SAR. The two mile radius is consistent with a predator dumping a body, IMO

Thanks for your thoughtful post...

All JMO

[ame="http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25354"]missing 7 yr old boy - Astrologers' Community[/ame]
Here's some interesting reading on the case for those interested. I found it a bit unnerving when i read it.
I felt it pertained best to the topic of this thread, because it goes into a possible abduction of Kyron, but not by any family member.[/quote/]

Oh my gosh. One of those posts basically shows that according to the star charts, Kyron can be found in [INSERT ANY PLACE POSSIBLE]. It really did not narrow it at all! I didn't find what you posted about yet. I'll keep reading.

I think that if a stranger abduction, a third party who Kyron knew, like a friend's parent or older sibling, may have an easier time getting him out but I think a complete stranger could have done it too. Predators lurk in places where they think they could find a target. That's why RSOs are not supposed to live around schools. They don't mind trying things that may be dangerous for them, as in things that may allow them to get caught easy. It is part of the thrill of the hunt for them, IMO.
I think those perverts tend to roam when they get the urge to hunt and when they see an opportunity, they try to take advantage of it. I can see a pervert roaming by schools, possibly hoping to find a kid walking alone, and then noticing a busy school day with lots of people running in and out. Such a guy may feel compelled to stop in and see what he could get away with. I think Kyron is a perfect target for a predator. Small, young, shy and compliant. It would be easy. All someone would have to do is say, "Young man, you need to come with me right away." And squirrel him out a side door and quickly out to his car. So many people milling around he may bank on the confusion and bustle to prevent anyone from really noticing. So, if it was not a family member who did this, I think it could have been a stranger who Kyron never met.

I'm curious. Apparently the school is having meetings with the parents now to discuss safety and answer questions. I hope someone reports what is said and asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin