Stranger abduction theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that kids as old as 13 or so went to this school-has that been clarified? Anyway, I do not think it was a student...was just kind of theorizing as to someone who was a stranger but not really, in trying to see where LE is coming from if not family. I can't think of any cases involving student of this age group that managed to keep quiet for more than two weeks, these things get out, somehow, even if they are just gossip. If there is a perp in this case, and there must be, it has to be a lone adult, with possible assistance since the crime.

cluciano63, an older student, yes. School goes up to Grade 5? Motivation...jealousy, bullying, ability to lure. Let's hope attendance records have been carefully reviewed. Would that be a perp about whom LE could say the community should not be alarmed? Perhaps.

This says Skyline is grades K-8.

Grade levels: K-8

~snipped~

Skyline students may opt to stay at Skyline for 6th�8th grade with 8th grade being added last year. Our 6th�8th grade students are provided with a rich program using the curricula of all PPS middle schools, enhanced by the instructional practices that are the heart of Skyline students� success.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools-c/profiles/?id=186

I cannot see that it was a stranger since the LE's remark about the case not be random. So they must have somehow known from the beginning of the invesitgation that it was someone Kyron knew? Here is a possibility to consider. We do not know why the 16 yr old son was sent to live with his grandparents. This only happened recently. He was cleared by his bio father because they went on a camping trip. But do not forget Joran's Dad covering for his son in the Holloway case. Need I say more. But only a theory....

I mentioned this yesterday but was shot down pretty quickly. It's just a thought, opinion, but overall, no one can really be discounted. I don't see them clearing ANYBODY IN THIS CASE, NOT ONLY THE SM. I think someone who knew Kyron, maybe not SO well, but who Kyron could have trusted, took him.

Now think of this, what about this supposed 'appointment' that Kyron had that day? I haven't heard much about that recently in posts. How did that even come into the equation if SM was shocked at him not coming off the bus much later in the day? If there was an appointment, he would have been noticed missing much earlier? Could someone have TOLD a teacher that Kyron had an appointment to lure him out and this is where this whole appointment idea actually came from?

Also, what better day to come in and take a kid than a FRIDAY of a SCIENCE FAIR??? Teachers are tired, kids are tired, lots of people, probably very lax in terms of policy-following. Kyron didn't 'poof' into thin air - someone saw something - or saw no Kyron that day at school.

All so quick to jump to stepmom. Stats show 25% abductions family related...so why so quick to rule out the other 75%? Cannot say with certainty she was involved. Think a woman at the school with help from a man...woman known to him...he was lured away by them with something...a snake or science fair attraction? Driven away for sure. Stranger with sexual intentions...possibly by both...but I'm not yet convinced this is homocide...send up your prayers.

A lot of people are just going along with what LE leads. How do you explain their statements about it being an isolated incident and the release last week of the flyer questionnare ABOUT THE STEPMOM and HER WHITE TRUCK? No-one here knows for certain anything, just going with the information that the public knows from LE and the press.

With regard to SAR dogs... could the rain between the time he is believed to have vanished from school and the time that dogs were brought in to track his scent affect what the dogs pick up?

i know a couple of boys who just graduated from 8th grade at 15... these are big kids!

I do not think he was taken by stranger, nor by a parent (bio or step).

I think the perp is someone he knew, likely a teenager at his school and parents of the perp are covering for their child. I think Kyron left school on foot with this person(s) and is hidden (deceased) very close to the school/where he was taken bby the perp(s).

I feel that way too....

Also, I think they know more then they are telling...

Does anyone know if LE or the school has verified that a call wasn't placed to Kryon's home that he was absent that day?

Why not?

Legally, they are covered. The Supreme Court has ruled more than once that there is no constitutional duty on the part of the police to protect the public.

In this case:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28scotus.html

The mother of three daughters had a restraining order against her ex. He abducted them and called her to tell her he had them at an amusement park. She tried for HOURS to get the police to go there and arrest him. They did not and he eventually killed all three girls.

The Supreme Court ruled that even under those circumstances, the police had no duty to protect.

Thank you for the link.

And lets just think about it. When Jessica Lunsford went missing they never once came out and ruled any of the family members out and they certainly didn't do it in the Greone case so they were giving the public the impression that whomever had done this was most likely someone known to the children.

Not once did they come out and warn the public that their children were in any danger even though in both cases a sickening perverted pedophile who preyed upon children was on the loose until they were finally caught.

So I pay absolutely no mind to LE when they use the terminology of "isolated incident" or they don't think anyone is in danger.

They can say whatever they want to say and most often I have found they say what it takes to calm the fears of the community.

IMO

I can't believe that this is a stranger abduction between I just don't believe in coincidences. What a coincidence that the stranger found him after saying goodbye to SM but before entering his classroom? What a coincidence that he arrived early at school via car rather than at his usual time via bus? What a coincidence that SM didn't attend the talent show that day? What a coincidence that the school failed to communicate his absence and eight hours elapsed in the perp's favor. What a coincidence that police now find some inconsistencies in SM's account of her whereabouts that day. What a coincidence that the thing LE needs more information about happens to be SM's truck and its whereabouts.

If this is all truly a coincidence, then poor Kyron was the unluckiest human being on the planet that day.
I am not all the way done reading this thread but ITA with what you said above. There are just too many coincidences. I keep trying to figure a scenario that works in my head but there are NONE that I can come up with!

1- why didn't SM go to the talent show? in the media they say how involved she was in the classroom and with the school

2- why did she "stay" for such a short amount of time at the science fair?
3- why did she tell inconsistent stories to law enforcement?
4- why did her cell phone ping in the middle of the island when she tells police she was still at the school?
5- why is her face and her truck plastered all over the missing poster for Kyron?
6- why are half of the questions on the questionaire to find this missing child pertaining to anyone seeing HER, her TRUCK, her with Kyron???
7- why did she mention an 'appointment' to the teacher?

yeah..... too many circumstances for me. (of course I always wear a big hat in case I have to eat a bite now and again)

I am not all the way done reading this thread but ITA with what you said above. There are just too many coincidences. I keep trying to figure a scenario that works in my head but there are NONE that I can come up with!

1- why didn't SM go to the talent show? in the media they say how involved she was in the classroom and with the school

2- why did she "stay" for such a short amount of time at the science fair?
3- why did she tell inconsistent stories to law enforcement?
4- why did her cell phone ping in the middle of the island when she tells police she was still at the school?
5- why is her face and her truck plastered all over the missing poster for Kyron?
6- why are half of the questions on the questionaire to find this missing child pertaining to anyone seeing HER, her TRUCK, her with Kyron???

yeah..... too many circumstances for me. (of course I always wear a big hat in case I have to eat a bite now and again)

1. It's never been confirmed that Kyron was in the talent show, or to what extent if he was. It was also pointed out by some here that with a baby that age, it may have been that she couldn't get away at that time of day.

2. The school opened up early at 8 am to allow visitors to come in and view the projects. (according to her) She left at 8:45 when the kids were to go to their regular classrooms in order to break into groups to tour the exhibits, returning in time to start class at 10.

3 & 4. We don't know this to be true.

5 & 6. Because according to Gates, she was driving the truck on that day, and she is the one who brought Kyron to school.

7. Gotta research that a bit more; it started as a rumor coming from a comment posted anonymously under an article online.

They are very rare but not unheard of.

There are two cases of strangers abducting children from schools mentioned here:

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1107

Here's an article about Stacie Wilmoth, who was abducted from her school (found alive):

http://www.theoutlookonline.com/news/print_story.php?story_id=127604789675353300

There was also a case mentioned in one of the early Kyron threads of a girl abducted from her school and assaulted in the area of the dumpster. I have been unable to find a link for that one, however.

It is very, very rare, I agree.

But so is the complete disappearance of a 7 year old boy.

I am grateful for those links b/c I was wondering the same thing myself. (how likely it happens, although certainly very little is impossible)

all three of these cases vary between each other and Kyron's case ..none of them still missing for a main example.

the second on the dr phil link :| completely shocked me, school released child to complete stranger on a bike! UGH!

I have to say, the longer time goes by the more I lean to stranger abduction (or at least not sm). I think if it was sm all roads will lead back to her and I'm not sure that is happening. I dont believe she commited a "perfect crime" and it's much harder to track down what happened if a stranger was involved. As the days go by the trail gets colder, that's just a fact.

ETA: Then again, I'm shocked at the Haileigh Cummings case and how those stooges could possibly get away with what they have.

*snipped*
Originally Posted by nursebeeme

*snipped*
7. Gotta research that a bit more; it started as a rumor coming from a comment posted anonymously under an article online.

She doesn't say why Kyron was having an appointment but Jaymie Finster, Terri's friend confirmed that Terri had spoken about one with the teacher.

Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment.

Finster said that when Kyron didn't show up at the bus the afternoon of June 4, Horman talked to the teacher who said she thought that Horman had taken Kyron to the doctor that day. Horman told Finster that the child's teacher was new, in her first year of teaching, and was hard of hearing in one ear. "She doesn't know if she understood her," Finster said.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

Edit: if the doctor required the teacher to fill out paperwork it's an excellent reason to mention the appointment.

It's a bit odd to me that JF first says that the teacher had the wrong idea about the appointment and then she says Terri doesn't know if the teacher understood.

Is there a "stranger" who could have known that Kyron had an appointment and his disappearance would be chalked up to going to the doctor? Because it's quite a coincidence that it worked in the perp's favor. It would have to be someone at the school or in the family circle.

1. It's never been confirmed that Kyron was in the talent show, or to what extent if he was. It was also pointed out by some here that with a baby that age, it may have been that she couldn't get away at that time of day.

2. The school opened up early at 8 am to allow visitors to come in and view the projects. (according to her) She left at 8:45 when the kids were to go to their regular classrooms in order to break into groups to tour the exhibits, returning in time to start class at 10.

3 & 4. We don't know this to be true.

5 & 6. Because according to Gates, she was driving the truck on that day, and she is the one who brought Kyron to school.

3 and 4 were reported on

5 and 6 I find it odd that she is as much of a focus as Kyron is in terms of getting more information about her whereabouts.

add two polygraphs to the mix and I am very suspicious of SM. (of course I have a big hat and will gladly eat it if that be the case) :)

((((eta: I forgot to add in all of her facebook activities and postings after he was determined to be missing as well as the sighting of a white truck on the island))))))

3 and 4 were reported on

5 and 6 I find it odd that she is as much of a focus as Kyron is in terms of getting more information about her whereabouts.

add two polygraphs to the mix and I am very suspicious of SM. (of course I have a big hat and will gladly eat it if that be the case) :)

((((eta: I forgot to add in all of her facebook activities and postings after he was determined to be missing as well as the sighting of a white truck on the island))))))

3 & 4 were reported on due to information gleaned from 3rd-hand anonymous sources not connected with the case.

I have my own theory about the questionnaire. I'm on the fence about whether I believe Terri was involved, but I too own a very large hat I'm prepared to chow down on :)

I don't necessarily think it was a "stranger" abduction.. I do believe it was someone he knew... and I also do not believe his SM was involved. She's a little suspicious.. but in my gut.. it's not her.... regardless of what her cell pings say. That might point to something else going on (that's none of our business) but IMO, not to Kyron's disappearance.

I have no clue WHO it might be... maybe a teacher or some other staff? Maybe a random sicko? Maybe another parent? I think it was a crime of opportunity. They knew what a mess the school was to begin with (lax security) and the science fair made it even more of a clusterfk.. It was the perfect opportunity to lure him away without anyone noticing.
What I still can't figure out is WHY Kyron? Maybe he was ADD (TH says "dreamy") and they knew he'd be an easy target?

She doesn't say why Kyron was having an appointment but Jaymie Finster, Terri's friend confirmed that Terri had spoken about one with the teacher.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

Edit: if the doctor required the teacher to fill out paperwork it's an excellent reason to mention the appointment.

It's a bit odd to me that JF first says that the teacher had the wrong idea about the appointment and then she says Terri doesn't know if the teacher understood.

Is there a "stranger" who could have known that Kyron had an appointment and his disappearance would be chalked up to going to the doctor? Because it's quite a coincidence that it worked in the perp's favor. It would have to be someone at the school or in the family circle.

I took that to mean she thought the teacher misunderstood which Friday. The conversation may have been confusing (intentionally or not, just to keep an open mind here lol).

It's also possible that Terri may not have stated the date, but thought she did.

Snipped...

I have to say, the longer time goes by the more I lean to stranger abduction (or at least not sm). I think if it was sm all roads will lead back to her and I'm not sure that is happening.

I totally agree. I feel 95% certain that sm has nothing to do with this (since day 1). I think it was either an abduction by someone who knew Kyron or a stranger abduction, although leaning toward it being someone he knew that does not include any of the parents. Abduction by someone familiar is much more plausible considering they may know the ins and outs of the school and the ease of getting Kyron to do what they want him to do without drawing much attention.

Normally I am all for whatever scenario seems to be most likely and makes common sense, usually including last person to have seen the missing person (which would be sm). The fact is, we still don't really know much from LE and all we have to base anything on is hearsay. Until something concrete comes out of LE's mouth, I am basing nothing on hearsay. It's all interesting to know for speculation but I think part of the reason this case seems so bizarre is because 97% of it is hearsay. The only thing bizarre that we know is fact is the way LE is handling the case. The rest of it may not seem so bizarre if we knew what is actually going on behind LE doors. We will never know until LE starts talking.

I really would love to add to this forum much more than I do but I just try to stay away from becoming opinionated based on hearsay... so I've been sitting back and waiting for more info. (Plus, I'm a teeny bit afraid of doing something wrong and getting a TO or something! Not gonna lie.)

I just want Kyron home, safe, to his family. That would be absolutely positively wonderful.

All so quick to jump to stepmom. Stats show 25% abductions family related...so why so quick to rule out the other 75%? Cannot say with certainty she was involved. Think a woman at the school with help from a man...woman known to him...he was lured away by them with something...a snake or science fair attraction? Driven away for sure. Stranger with sexual intentions...possibly by both...but I'm not yet convinced this is homocide...send up your prayers.

Your statistics aren't correct according to the Department of Justice. It's more like 80% family-abductions, 20% non-family abductions including friends and acquaintances of family.
http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/nismart2_overview.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member