Stranger moves into family’s home while they are away — visiting dying relative

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._sovereign-citizen-court-orders-federal-court

According to that complaint, Sperlazzo had taken money to erroneously advise people with mortgage troubles that they could immune themselves from foreclosure by obtaining something called a “land patent.”

Sperlazzo subsequently filed a number of legal documents over the next two years that he claimed were court orders. He filed an order directing the sheriff’s department to pay him $152 million, said Assistant State’s Attorney Joe Cullen. Sperlazzo also filed an order demanding that the judge hearing the bar association complaint case appear before Sperlazzo’s “court of order” and perhaps face a $600 fine, according to Cullen and court records.

A judge ordered Sperlazzo to stop filing documents, but when he continued, he was charged with contempt of court. Gunnarsson, a Carroll County judge, was brought in to hear the case, and he found Sperlazzo guilty in August.

More of the same kind of crazy crap Carr is doing included in the article.

Jail them all! A bunch of people running cons and frauding everyone out of money, hurting honest citizens.

Well, I don't think Carr is anti-black. He's black himself.

I looked up the status of the case against him. Looks like there's a jury trial set for March of next year: http://www.courtclerk.org/case_summary.asp?sec=sched&casenumber=B1301427

Finally, if someone did this to me, I'd wait for them to leave, break back in, and then sit there with a rifle when they tried to return.

:floorlaugh: BBM: I was playing this scenario out in my head when I first read the thread.

I don't understand why they are going into houses that are still occupied when there are homes all over the place that people have moved out of that are into foreclosure.

I understand they are doing this before the bank actually takes possession of these houses. Then it looks like they are filing bogus paperwork saying they have liens or something that gives them rights to the home over all others.

It's a crazy, confusing mess. I think if they pulled this stuff in my county, it would get thrown in the trash. When something is filed here, if it's not done perfectly right, it's rejected.

This doesn;t even seem possible but it is happening. Obviously something needs to be done to stop it NOW and make it punishable very harshly.

I just can't see this scam going over very well in my small town. Everyone here knows each other and if you don't know them then you probably know their cousin or best friend, etc. Families here go back hundreds of years and most are related thru blood, marriage or some other tie.

This means everybody has connections to help them get stuff done. We band together against something like this. We all enjoy a good joke and a story that becomes legendary and makes us laugh for years so we can be quite crafty in dealing with stuff.

Such a squatter might just find that their electrical power suddenly fails, that the house suddenly and inexplicably become full of possums and or rattlesnake, heck maybe even a gator or two. Bears, or even Bigfoot or aliens might start making appearances at the house.

Maybe the gas company might declare that the house is leaking gas and the fire dept and ambulance goes screaming up the driveway to evacuate the house before it "blows" up and when scammer runs out, then we go in the house while scammers is being treated for "possible gas exposure". He is whisked away to the ER (and then to the psych unit based upon the fact that we don't even HAVE a gas company and the paramedics report that they found this patient wandering in the road mumbling about some nonsense).

I might confess that I had hubby killed and have him stowed in the house's attic and have his body stuffed in the house and that scammer did it because he loves me. ( Bet I can make the house walls and ceiling drip with blood and make it smell like something dead too).

The house might be rendered unlivable by teargas or a large dose of skunk spray. Maybe our HUGE cousin might decide that he wants to take possession from the sovereign scammer and move in with him.

Oh yeah, there's hundreds of fun ways to deal with these types. But if the fun stuff doesn't work, then there is always a way to "relocate" this scammer to new home in the remote swamp where his new neighbors would be hundreds of hungry alligators who would just love to eat,,,, oops, I mean meet him.

So come'on and try that stuff here.

How is that even legal? People who move into houses that have been clearly abandoned for years, even squats that have been there for ages and give back to the community, get evicted by LE but a random scammer moves into a house that is still lived in and he's not promptly taken away. :facepalm:

SwampMama,
I'm with you 110%, he just hasn't met our families yet.

I wonder if these types are scanning the obits to know when homeowners are away. idk

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/0...wn-visiting-dying-relative/?intcmp=latestnews

A WLWT investigation revealed he filed similar paperwork with 11 other homes in Springdale, Forest Park, Fairfield, and Hamilton. The station reports seven had been filed on the same day.

Seems like a job for the state lawmakers.

I don't know about them scanning obits, but they are most likely keeping track of properties that are being foreclosed on. I wouldn't doubt that they are also scoping these homes out for the presence of people coming and going. If there are no signs of activity for a period of time, then they go in and do their scam, most likely thinking that the people abandoned their possessions when they left.

The paperwork they are filing is bogus. I would break back in the house, change the locks and wait for them to come back with shotgun in hand.

I'm curious how do the mortgage companies handle this problem, since they are the owners after foreclosure.

Ok, I just found this report. Starting on page 29 are examples similar to the one on this thread. This guy Carr is going to jail. I wonder if Carr is his real name and what kind of criminal history he has.

http://www.adl.org/assets/pdf/combating-hate/Lawless-Ones-2012-Edition-WEB-final.pdf

This doesn;t even seem possible but it is happening. Obviously something needs to be done to stop it NOW and make it punishable very harshly.

I just can't see this scam going over very well in my small town. Everyone here knows each other and if you don't know them then you probably know their cousin or best friend, etc. Families here go back hundreds of years and most are related thru blood, marriage or some other tie.

This means everybody has connections to help them get stuff done. We band together against something like this. We all enjoy a good joke and a story that becomes legendary and makes us laugh for years so we can be quite crafty in dealing with stuff.

Such a squatter might just find that their electrical power suddenly fails, that the house suddenly and inexplicably become full of possums and or rattlesnake, heck maybe even a gator or two. Bears, or even Bigfoot or aliens might start making appearances at the house.

Maybe the gas company might declare that the house is leaking gas and the fire dept and ambulance goes screaming up the driveway to evacuate the house before it "blows" up and when scammer runs out, then we go in the house while scammers is being treated for "possible gas exposure". He is whisked away to the ER (and then to the psych unit based upon the fact that we don't even HAVE a gas company and the paramedics report that they found this patient wandering in the road mumbling about some nonsense).

I might confess that I had hubby killed and have him stowed in the house's attic and have his body stuffed in the house and that scammer did it because he loves me. ( Bet I can make the house walls and ceiling drip with blood and make it smell like something dead too).

The house might be rendered unlivable by teargas or a large dose of skunk spray. Maybe our HUGE cousin might decide that he wants to take possession from the sovereign scammer and move in with him.

Oh yeah, there's hundreds of fun ways to deal with these types. But if the fun stuff doesn't work, then there is always a way to "relocate" this scammer to new home in the remote swamp where his new neighbors would be hundreds of hungry alligators who would just love to eat,,,, oops, I mean meet him.

So come'on and try that stuff here.

Hilarious! And I believe you. I'm thinking of that other LA family that took matters into their own hands, went armed to the teeth to rescue their young, female relative who was being stabbed to death by her ex/stalker. "Ya'll" don't mess around over there!

I don't know about them scanning obits, but they are most likely keeping track of properties that are being foreclosed on. I wouldn't doubt that they are also scoping these homes out for the presence of people coming and going. If there are no signs of activity for a period of time, then they go in and do their scam, most likely thinking that the people abandoned their possessions when they left.

The paperwork they are filing is bogus. I would break back in the house, change the locks and wait for them to come back with shotgun in hand.

I'm curious how do the mortgage companies handle this problem, since they are the owners after foreclosure.

Ok, I just found this report. Starting on page 29 are examples similar to the one on this thread. This guy Carr is going to jail. I wonder if Carr is his real name and what kind of criminal history he has.

http://www.adl.org/assets/pdf/combating-hate/Lawless-Ones-2012-Edition-WEB-final.pdf

I so hope he's going to prison. And for a long time.

I read parts of that pdf. Nutso. The create their own laws and somehow think the government will have to obey them. So bizarre.

Back in my wild youth, I was for a short time part of a squatter's movement that focussed on long-empty but functional, mainly government or church- owned buildings and the like. It was a political thing, as well as practical - how can our city claim an affordable housing shortage, when there's so many empty, livable buildings going unoccupied for years on end? Unlike the typical story of squatters being junkies bent on destroying the place, we all did our best to improve the properties, painting and gardening, minor repairs and such, so most of the time our presence was welcome, once it was established we weren't doing harm. Some even ended up in proper rental agreements. :)

Anyway, not the same thing at all as --stealing an occupied house -- from a family! Unthinkable.

Here's a few links, anyway, to former cases, and I am VERY glad that man was arrested, I hope they throw the book at him.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2016971429_squatters09.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-return-home-Romanian-family-living-home.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-file-bankruptcy-exploit-legal-loophole.html

^ the last is the one I was thinking of earlier, I think though I am sure was also an Aussie case, I just can't find it presently.

Carr was in court babbling his nonsense. He is facing more charges and his girlfriend has also been arrested.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/man-accuse...tsuite&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=wlwt5

Thanks for the update. What an odd person. Does he really, honestly believe that the judge is going to listen to what he says and go, "You know what sir? You are totally right! You're free to go."?

I can't wait to see what he babbles when he gets sentenced to 10 years or so in prison. He's a fanatic and a crook.

Aack! I watched the video some more. This guy is a real smug, annoying, you know what!Hhe smirks and laughs off the complaint? Does he enjoy being in jail? I can't WAIT for him to be convicted and sentenced.

I can't stand people like this. The way he thinks he's "educating" everyone: "Title isn't a deed. Title is when you grab it and say, 'That's mine!'" Oh, really dude? I kind of thought that was called stealing, robbery, burglary. You mean we can just waltz around grabbing whatever we want without paying for it and as long as it's in our hands, we have "title" to it? Okay, buddy. See how that works for you and your horrid girlfriend when you're sentenced to time in the slammer!

Darn it!!! Perhaps he has a reason to smile. Apparently, if he doesn't have a record, he's not looking at much time at all:
OH Breaking and Entering Laws Breaking and entering is the least severe of burglary charges and is classified as a 5th degree felony, carrying 6 to 12 months in prison and $2,500 in fines. If you are accused of trespassing in an unoccupied structure with the intent to commit any theft or any other felony, you could be convicted of this charge. http://www.burglarylaws.com/ohio/
But look at this:
Mitchell L. Erb, 27, of 50810 Ohio 7, was sentenced to 120 days in the Washington County Jail, but will be transferred to the SEPTA Correctional Facility after 60, ordered Washington County Common Pleas Court Judge Ed Lane.
Erb pleaded guilty to a fifth-degree felony count of breaking and entering on Feb. 14.
At the same time, he pleaded guilty to assault, a first-degree misdemeanor, stemming from an Aug. 7, 2011 incident outside the Grandview Tavern, said Schneider.
Erb has been charged with previous felonies, but never convicted, so he is not eligible for a prison sentence, noted Lane.
In addition to serving time in jail and at SEPTA, Erb will be on community control for five years and will be required to attend counseling at L&P Services following his release.
If Erb violates community control he will be sent to prison for the maximum 12 months, said Lane. http://www.newsandsentinel.com/page...enced-for-breaking-and-entering.html?nav=5061

Darn it!!! Perhaps he has a reason to smile. Apparently, if he doesn't have a record, he's not looking at much time at all: But look at this:

Carr has theft charges on him also but that it also a class 4 felony in Ohio. Additional charges, I believe are being brought on him for some of the other houses. Hopefully that will lengthen his sentence.

I would think that they could pile on some other charges. Maybe falsifying court documents or something? I'd have to look back at some of the other similar cases that I linked to and see what was charged in those. They need to pile whatever they can on him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back