student kills self after webcam spying UPDATE: Conviction Overturned

I saw a couple of the talking heads on InSession talking about Ravi's non-verbal communication through the entire trial and especially during the judge's instructions. One guy said at one point that it was terrible and the DT should have given him coffee or something but then also wondered later if it wasn't more calculated, that it shows his immaturity.

Beth K said she couldn't see him during the instructions and said it seemed the jurors were focused on the judge because the instructions were complex and they were not allowed to take notes during it..she did say during one of the breaks in the judge speaking, one of the male jurors were looking over at the Clementi family a lot. I'm sure it is tough to see them especially with him mom and two brothers looking so much like Tyler. :(

At the end of this, I hope for justice for Tyler and his family.

Ravi and Wei both have shown themselves to be contemptable with an attitude that they are 'privileged'. As I have said before, Ravi is not the 'ideal citizen' we need in this country; send him home.

I think it's either going to be tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning (maybe that's wishful thinking though). ;)

LOL, Luna! After following trials for many, many years, I've given up on making predictions since I'm usually wrong. I AM annoyed InSession won't be broadcasting the next two days. But, that's just one of many gripes I have with TruTV.

More importantly, I agree with Beth Karas and you about the fact they seem to have settled count one for guilty. I'm sure that the bias intimidation will cause the major part of their deliberations once they have decided that he did invade Tyler's and MB's privacy. (Well, he did confess to that!)

Once they decide guilty or not guilty on that, the rest of the verdicts should pretty much follow the pattern and go quickly. I'm saying that with my fingers and eyes crossed!

So my sister just called me to say a boy in my daughter's 9th grade class committed suicide last night and was reportedly cyberbullied. :( I feel sick.

I have not been following this case, except for a few views on HLN and a little following on TruTV. Were there any charges of voyeurism...and if not, why not?

I hope his parents file a civil suit against him.

LOL, Luna! After following trials for many, many years, I've given up on making predictions since I'm usually wrong. I AM annoyed InSession won't be broadcasting the next two days. But, that's just one of many gripes I have with TruTV.

More importantly, I agree with Beth Karas and you about the fact they seem to have settled count one for guilty. I'm sure that the bias intimidation will cause the major part of their deliberations once they have decided that he did invade Tyler's and MB's privacy. (Well, he did confess to that!)

Once they decide guilty or not guilty on that, the rest of the verdicts should pretty much follow the pattern and go quickly. I'm saying that with my fingers and eyes crossed!

CM - I'm an optimist and I'm also more of a rookie on these trial deliberations! :blushing: I really only followed the Jason Young trial closely...I really hope this guy is convicted of all the charges. I think this case is going to set an important precedent.

I agree that the bias charges will lead to the most difficult deliberations. Has there been any word from the jury at all today? I've been in meetings all day!

CM - I'm an optimist and I'm also more of a rookie on these trial deliberations! :blushing: I really only followed the Jason Young trial closely...I really hope this guy is convicted of all the charges. I think this case is going to set an important precedent.

I agree that the bias charges will lead to the most difficult deliberations. Has there been any word from the jury at all today? I've been in meetings all day!

Jury has deliberated, eaten lunch, and returned to deliberations. There haven't been any further questions for the judge.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/03/jury_in_ravi_trial_continues_t.html

More than 10 television cameras and dozens of reporters are in the hallway outside the courtroom.

The article notes that the jury returned at 1 pm to continue their deliberations... also sounds like the media is on the ready...

I hope this does not take on a circus like atmosphere once the verdict is read.

I expect it will become a circus after the verdict. But, if it's the verdict I'm hoping for, that is not a bad thing, IMO. This case will definitely set a precedent.

Is there a live link anywhere? TruTV isn't showing the trial today or tomorrow (college b-ball if you can believe it, lol). TIA

Is there a live link anywhere? TruTV isn't showing the trial today or tomorrow (college b-ball if you can believe it, lol). TIA

Sorry - I'm not sure -- I didn't realize they were putting march madness stuff on TruTv...yikes. I'm not a college sports fan at all!

Saw this update on Beth Karas' twitter:

Jurors have deliberated for a total of 7 hours, thus far, over two days. We haven't heard a peep from them today. They took a 20-minute break this morning and a one hour lunch. They'll go home for the day at 4:30, if there's no verdict.

NJ Burkett ‏ @njburkett7

By my estimate, the #Rutgerstrial jury is entering its 9th hour of deliberations. They are ordered to adjourn at 4PM if there's no verdict.

From Beth's twitter - 2 minutes ago:

Beth Karas InSession

Jurors just went home for the day. They deliberated for 5 hours, 40 minutes today with no notes. Total deliberation time is 9 hours, 5 minutes. They'll resume tomorrow at 9 am.

NJ Burkett ‏ @njburkett7

#Rutgerstrial jury started early today, at 8:53AM. Does that portend a verdict? Maybe. Maybe not.

Vinnie Politan ‏ @VinniePolitan

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

JURY has reached a verdict in Ravi Rutgers Roommate Trial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads