Sunday Aug 4th 2013 James Kolar on Tricia's True Crime Radio

I would again like to take this opportunity to ask Chief Kolar his opinion/thoughts regarding this case.

Foreign Faction: The White's letter page 478

Page 489 -490

On April 22, 1998, the Boulder grand jury was convened.

"The Ramsey defense knew since HB 97-1009 was signed by Governor Romer on April 8, 1997, that to take advantage of the new statute, it would be necessary to delay the grand jury investigation of the Ramsey case until April, 1998. The Boulder County District Attorney and members of his office have delayed the investigation of the death of JonBenet Ramsey in order to take of a statute which will, if an indictment is not returned, enable him to persuade a grand jury to issue a report telling the public that the case was delayed and that an indictment was not returned as a result of police misconduct and the noncooperation of witnesses. It will also enable him to publically exonerate anyone alleged to have murdered JonBenet Ramsey. If he wishes such a report to be made, of course he does since it would contain precisely what he has been saying throughout the investigation, he must first cause the grand jury not to return an indictment. "

My opinion is the White's lean more towards RDI rather than BDI (same here). I don't know the White's, but I don't think that the White's would have written a letter if they thought it was BDI. Some of the staging could have been R utilizing B's items? Any thoughts/opinions. Thank you

maybe it's not too late to add another question,
I'd love to know what he thinks about the current status of the investigation and if the ones in charge are considering new tests (DNA,fibers,etc) on items from the crime scene.

Tricia, if my question is brought up tonight, i would love if you could pass along my admiration for Cheif Kolar. His dedication toward seeking justice for JonBenet IMO is heroic.

I would appreciate if chief Kolar could address something that has left me baffled since I first began delving into the Ramsey case. His answers, however, do not necessarily have to be reflective of this case specifically.

Many states appear to have laws specifying an "age of culpability," and I'm trying to understand how this effects the outcome of a case. If through investigation, LE and/or prosecutors come to understand that the perpetrator of a crime is "unprosecutable" under the law, what then officially becomes of the case? Does it remain classified as unresolved? Or is there something in place whereby it can be deemed officially solved, even when the perpetrator can not be prosecuted?

Thank you.

Excellent. I look forward to the show, the last one was very intersting.

Question to James Kolar: What grounds do you have for thinking JonBenet moved from the breakfast bar to the basement, does this exclude any of the bedrooms as a primary crime-scene?

Another theory has the torturous events beginning in JBR's bathroom. Great question, UKGuy.

The black tape found across JonBenet's lips was most likely placed to help keep her jaw closed since after death the bottom jaw usually drops open to reveal a gaping mouth. JR removed the tape while JBR was in rigor, then her dad takes her upstairs. I think JR displayed her out in the open to show PR: "Look what you have done!"

Question:

Did JR phone the local hardware store, in early Jan. 1997, to inquire about an itemized receipt for particular items purchased using his AE credit card, more specifically, for the black tape and rope and request a copy of any itemized receipt to be sent via fax?

Follow-up Question:

By happenstance, were detectives present at the hardware store when this telecommunication occurred?

* What about the pics of JBR that were found in the basement, the Samsonite & its odd contents, and why FW remains silent?

Can't wait for this show to start! Everyone has posted such good questions-- wow you people are brilliant! I just adore you guys. You've covered everything. :)

Two in particular from OTG are of special interest to me, so I am reposting them:

#2) The two versions of the 911 call that were released publicly have obviously been edited at the end from their original form. Would it be possible to get a complete recording released to the public?
#3) Also, the phone in the kitchen from which the 911 call was supposedly made hung on the wall. If the receiver wasn’t correctly hung up, it should have fallen to the counter. Have the police considered that the 911 call might have been made from the basement where the phone sat flat on a table?

I've never heard the tape the allegedly contians Burke's voice so I am keen on this. And I have suspected for a while now that the phone in the kitchen wasn't the one used to make the 911 call, so would appreciate some more input & insights on this.

It goes without saying that you'll remind James Kolar how much we all appreciate his hard work on this, and the same to you Tricia & all the other lovely Websleuths who put heart & soul into finding answers. :)

Have a good show!

Great show!!!

Can anyone point me to Cynic's rebuttal that was mentioned of Wendy Murphy's assertion regarding the pineapple being drugged.

Eta: found it :)

Great show!!!

Can anyone point me to Cynic's rebuttal that was mentioned of Wendy Murphy's assertion regarding the pineapple being drugged.

Eta: found it :)

It was a wonderful show. Here is the link to the rebuttals; however, I am uncertain which one has cynic's work on the pineapple. Hope this helps!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=455"]Rebuttal to Discovery I.D. Show about JonBenet - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Good show Tricia. Thanks! Maybe when Chief Kolar returns in December, we can pry more facts from him. He's playing it close to the vest.

Tricia, you got him to answer my question, you reworded it minus my conspiracy theory which was very clever lol

I am looking forward to any follow up by Wendy. Would be great to know the details of her thoughts on what drugs were in the pineapple but not in the tox screen to file away in the old memory case file.

While we are on theories outside the established facts, I'd love to go down the pine apply milk literature rabbit hole, anyone got a link? I swore I read here about evaporated milk or similar also in the bowl.

Great show as always, congrats on I <3 radio too

Pine apply is pineapple ... Sorry tablet took over that one

Tricia, you got him to answer my question, you reworded it minus my conspiracy theory which was very clever lol

I am looking forward to any follow up by Wendy. Would be great to know the details of her thoughts on what drugs were in the pineapple but not in the tox screen to file away in the old memory case file.

While we are on theories outside the established facts, I'd love to go down the pine apply milk literature rabbit hole, anyone got a link? I swore I read here about evaporated milk or similar also in the bowl.

Great show as always, congrats on I <3 radio too

ozazure,
You will have, since I have posted ad nauseum on this subject. From memory there are pictures available that show what appears to be condensed milk at the bottom of the bowl. Is evaporated milk not the thicker stuff?

Read the following for more information on the pineapple: http://www.acandyrose.com/s-evidence-pineapple.htm

and here is a grainy image of the pineapple bowl, there is another on the above page. In both you can make out what appears to be a milky substance in the bowl?

2006-06-29_schiller12.jpg

UKGuy: If that indeed is a milky substance in the bowl, I can make more sense of the oversized spoon

I appreciate the clarification regarding the suitcase mentioned the other night on Tricia's radio show. Depending on the size (pic unclear) of suitcase, I thought it was a possibility of causing the skull fracture. Thx

P. S. good radio show and gave me a lot to think about.

First of all, thanks to Tricia for bringing James Kolar on for some questions, and for clearing up the Wendy Murphy mess. Now that I’ve had a chance to listen again all the way through to Tricia’s interview with Chief Kolar, a few things have struck me as odd, surprising, or questionable -- and they might be cause for a little more discussion. I’m sure others have found some too, so I’ll mention a couple of them and leave it to others to respond or add other things about the interview that they found interesting. Seems like this should be the thread to discuss it -- no need to start a new thread.

• In responding to KoldKase’s questions about the RN, Kolar indicates that he thinks John wasn’t even in on any of the events until after he figures out who wrote the RN and discovers the body at around 11:00 am that morning. I know others have laid out this scenario over the years, but I have difficulty believing John was an innocent bystander to everything that happened.

• Kolar was asked about why he stated before that he thought the events leading up to her death began in the kitchen. As I understand his answer, he thinks this based on the connection between the pineapple in JonBenet’s digestive tract, fingerprints on the bowl, and placement of the Maglite -- not because of any evidence of a struggle that might have happened there. He also indicated in this that he has bought into Dr. Spitz’s baloney about the Maglite being what caused the skull fracture (He’s wrong about that, IMO. BTW, have I mentioned yet that Spitz is an idiot?). As far as how she was moved to the basement (and by whom), and where the sexual molestation occurred, he seems a little vague. He thinks (apparently) the entire incident began as a conflict over the pineapple. If so, how and when did the sexual aspect come into the picture, and how and why did the ligature get placed around her neck? So it seems to me, he doesn’t really have a complete picture in his mind about how this all happened; he’s simply made a connection there and assumed that this is where it all started. And if he’s wrong about the weapon and the beginning of the conflict, it follows that he may well be wrong also about where the head blow happened.

Don’t get me wrong. I think Chief Kolar has done a great job of showing just exactly why any “intruder theory” is implausible. And TG he put the Wendy Murphy BS about drugs and *advertiser censored* to rest. But without a believable scenario of exactly what happened, we’re still left with more questions.

First of all, thanks to Tricia for bringing James Kolar on for some questions, and for clearing up the Wendy Murphy mess. Now that I’ve had a chance to listen again all the way through to Tricia’s interview with Chief Kolar, a few things have struck me as odd, surprising, or questionable -- and they might be cause for a little more discussion. I’m sure others have found some too, so I’ll mention a couple of them and leave it to others to respond or add other things about the interview that they found interesting. Seems like this should be the thread to discuss it -- no need to start a new thread.

• In responding to KoldKase’s questions about the RN, Kolar indicates that he thinks John wasn’t even in on any of the events until after he figures out who wrote the RN and discovers the body at around 11:00 am that morning. I know others have laid out this scenario over the years, but I have difficulty believing John was an innocent bystander to everything that happened.

• Kolar was asked about why he stated before that he thought the events leading up to her death began in the kitchen. As I understand his answer, he thinks this based on the connection between the pineapple in JonBenet’s digestive tract, fingerprints on the bowl, and placement of the Maglite -- not because of any evidence of a struggle that might have happened there. He also indicated in this that he has bought into Dr. Spitz’s baloney about the Maglite being what caused the skull fracture (He’s wrong about that, IMO. BTW, have I mentioned yet that Spitz is an idiot?). As far as how she was moved to the basement (and by whom), and where the sexual molestation occurred, he seems a little vague. He thinks (apparently) the entire incident began as a conflict over the pineapple. If so, how and when did the sexual aspect come into the picture, and how and why did the ligature get placed around her neck? So it seems to me, he doesn’t really have a complete picture in his mind about how this all happened; he’s simply made a connection there and assumed that this is where it all started. And if he’s wrong about the weapon and the beginning of the conflict, it follows that he may well be wrong also about where the head blow happened.

Don’t get me wrong. I think Chief Kolar has done a great job of showing just exactly why any “intruder theory” is implausible. And TG he put the Wendy Murphy BS about drugs and *advertiser censored* to rest. But without a believable scenario of exactly what happened, we’re still left with more questions.

otg,
Well obviously not. Spitz is credentialled so I assume he is not dumb? You know yada yada?

I tend to agree with your reasoning. Personally I think Kolar knows who did it. but for the usual reasons canot share this with us directly. He even tells us, as an investigator, he was an afterthought to the case arriving late in the day.

You are the only other person, on websleuths, who I think has a clue what happened on the night of 12/25/1996.

otg,
Well obviously not. Spitz is credentialled so I assume he is not dumb? You know yada yada?
Please, UKG, don't get me started on Spitz. You know it could get ugly.
:bigfight:

otg,

I tend to agree with your reasoning. Personally I think Kolar knows who did it. but for the usual reasons canot share this with us directly. He even tells us, as an investigator, he was an afterthought to the case arriving late in the day.

You are the only other person, on websleuths, who I think has a clue what happened on the night of 12/25/1996.

BBM

This was my first time hearing Kolar on Tricia's show, and initially I was somewhat disappointed in how vague he seemed. But after letting his comments simmer away, I realized that I shouldn't have been so surprised.

In his book, he readily admits that he didn't figure it all out. He knows there are gaps in his theory and that he hasn't connected all the dots. But by the end of his tenure with the DAs office his goal became more about illustrating why an IDI wasn't possible, and that there was more than enough evidence to convene a grand jury to investigate family involvement.

He summarizes his presentation to Lacy et al that given the evidence he presented he "believed wholeheartedly that this (family involvement) was a viable investigative lead that deserved pursuit. If nothing came of it, then at least they could say that they had covered all their bases."

Lacy replied that "she was unwilling to pursue that lead b/c she didn't want to harm her relationship with the Ramsey family." (280-81)

He then knew that any real investigation was futile, unless of course one was only willing to consider IDI. Nonetheless, he went out on that limb, and continued to try to do so even after he left the DAs office. Not only did he write to ML seeking permission to present an alternate case theory to the special prosecutors who conducted the original grand jury investigation, but then when he was ignored by Lacy he then made his case to the Governor. And it was Gov. Owens who planted the seeds of "going public." (Lacy's reply to Kolar after he contacted the Governor was actually kinda comical!)

His "theory of prosecution" was also sent to Stan Garrett, and Tom Beckner. Kolar expressed his belief that, " there is no statute of limitations on murder, but all persons in the home the night of the murder have been formally 'cleared' of any crime. Those actions by past prosecutors create a formidable obstacle to any future prosecution. Yet clearly, the death of JonBenet remains an open murder investigation, and while no one is likely to ever be criminally charged with this crime, his opinion is that there are proactive steps that should be taken to bring it to a resolution and closure.

In our pursuit of truth and justice, not only for JonBenet , but for all of the other innocent people wrongly accused by her family, isn't it our responsibility as criminal investigators and prosecutors to go and search for it?" (428-29)

:blushing::blushing::blushing:

Holy crap, boy did I go off on a tangent!!!!!!!

Oh we'll, Ill let it stand, b/c in a round about way it proves my point. Kolar doesn't have all the answers, but he definitely believes more answers could have been found....if only the people in charge wanted to try and seek them.

:peace:

Did I hear Kolar correctly when he said Foreign Faction was self-published and he has not yet recouped his expenses?

Did I hear Kolar correctly when he said Foreign Faction was self-published and he has not yet recouped his expenses?

*nods*

Also, whatever he makes above expenses he's donating. I can't recall which charity specifically, but IIRC it's something to do with kids :)

It's pretty tragic isn't it, but then he did know this was going to be the case.
I guess we all just need to buy our copy and ease the pain a bit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back