'Survivor' Hatch gets 51 months in prison

opme said:
:laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Another indivdual who thinks he is smarter than everyone else.. couldn't happen to a more deserving guy...
Not only did he not pay taxes but he siphoned off funds that he had set up for the charity he set up.. dumb not I take that back just egotistical enough to think he'd outsmart everyone... mayube he thought he was still playing the game :doh:

My understanding is that he was acquitted on the fraud charges involving the charity? Is that not correct?

I think he will go to the same type of federal prison that Martha Stewart went to. Not like San Quentin, but still a prison. There is one in Pennsylvania called Allenwood, I believe, where a lot of the white collar federal prisoners serve their time.

A federal appeals court on Friday upheld the tax evasion conviction of "Survivor" winner Richard Hatch, who was found guilty in 2006 of failing to pay taxes on the $1 million he won on the debut season of the reality TV show.

He is scheduled to be released in October 2009.

On Friday, Minns said the appeals court's decision was disappointing. He said Hatch would decide whether to appeal it to the U.S. Supreme Court.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=298439&gt1=7703

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back