Susan Powell: Odd discovery in West Utah Desert

Lol at Josh Powell's father is a "world renowned singer". If he is, it's because he's the worst singer on the Internet with a "fancy web site"! Check him out: http://stevechantrey.com Make sure to click on the little media player!

The Graves woman is Jennifer Graves and she is Josh Powell's sister. Good for her for speaking up.

I say good for her, too. I just enjoyed the irony of her being a Mormon rebel. It's two terms you just don't see together very often.

Any word on the cement mound examination by LE yet?

Ooh! Ooh! And one more thing. Many people think of Josh when they get up a midnight snack. It's his face that is holding up tens of thousands of kids' school projects in the greater Salt Lake City area. Helping fund the Josh Powell for fridge magnet (not to be confused with chick magnet) campaign are the attorneys at Rulon T Burton and Associates in Murray, UT.
Love your last couple of posts, Dom, and since there's no "ROFL" button next to the "Thanks" button, I had to post. Cheers! I was just starting to get that creepy sick feeling from reading the other stuff, and about the condescending attitude HollyHawk commented on.

Ooh! Ooh! And one more thing. Many people think of Josh when they get up a midnight snack. It's his face that is holding up tens of thousands of kids' school projects in the greater Salt Lake City area. Helping fund the Josh Powell for fridge magnet (not to be confused with chick magnet) campaign are the attorneys at Rulon T Burton and Associates in Murray, UT.

Here is the famous magnet.. I am not sure how to bring the picture over.

http://blogs.sltrib.com/slcrawler/index.php?p=9432&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Attachments

• powellmag.jpg
    powellmag.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 56
Here is the famous magnet.. I am not sure how to bring the picture over.

http://blogs.sltrib.com/slcrawler/index.php?p=9432&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Just think, for about $120K, you could make that wise business decision, too!

It's really a pity poor Susan was not able to get clear of that imbecile. She deserves to have experienced how fulfilling life could have been with a partner that is - well, not Josh.

I'll tell you what. I personally believe in a loving Heavenly Father who is as fair as he is loving. I believe Susan will be okay and with her beautiful boys in the eternities. Josh? Not so much.

powellmag.jpg

How to insert an image from the Internet: Go to the web page where the photo is located, click on on it to make sure it is as large as possible, right click on the image, select "copy image link" from the resulting drop down menu, return to Websleuths, click on the "center" icon if you want the image centered, click on the "Insert image" icon (located beneath the left arrow), paste the url in, preview your post then click "Submit" if everything went well. (You can insert as many images as you desire by repeating the process.)

hello all,

i have been, what you call, lurking for a long time on this unusual case. Bear with my newness, and have patience with me. I was, as I assume everyone was, curious about the police tying in the missing Steven Koecher with Susan Powell with a remark that made the news regarding a trip thru "Tooele... that Josh made in his rental car?" I saw that brought up awhile back, but not sure if it surfaced again recently on this or a more recent thread.

"Originally Posted by AlexisFresca
Missing 30-year old Steven Koecher; police consider Josh Powell's use of rental car possible link
March 1, 2010 - Steven Koecher, an upstanding citizen who served others, who had no criminal or drug-related history, and who seemed happy with his life in St. George, suddenly vanished Dec. 13, 2009 - just six days after Susan Powell disappeared.

Is there a connection between the two cases? It's far-fetched, Steven's family says, but it's worth investigating.

Steven's mother, Deanne Koecher, said the reason they were interested is Susan Powell's case and investigating the possibility the two cases were connected was because of a road trip through Tooele that Josh Powell, Susan's husband, took at around the time Steven disappeared.

Police in Henderson and St. George are not ruling anything out and consider a possible link between the two cases. They are, in particular, interested in the trip Josh Powell took in a rental car.

She said, "It seems far but we welcome any information sharing."
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...-link-consider-Josh-Powells-use-of-rental-car

I know most people believe the association far fetched, but with this new discovery of this cement pouring, i looked at the area. And something did strike me about the names of nearby towns along highway #80. I remember these names from this post:

http://sites.google.com/site/parallelcooler/hone/koecher-html

I hope the link works. It didn't have an http in front of it initially. If it doesn't, just search the words Steven Koecher and timeline and it will be the first link.

Steven Koecher took a very long trip which, as you can see if you read it, up to Salt Lake City, then going west to two towns to the west of where this pouring was found. Remember this was way upstate from where Steven Koecher lived. This trip, that has been documented by receipts and other recollections by people who knew him, happened on December 9th and 10th.

And after this trip he went back down south to "disappear" two or three days later.

Friends who spoke to him regularly, said that he didn't answer his phone or respond to messages on these days. I hope I am not missing something when I say that no one has an explanation of why he went to those locations.

Again, i thought the whole thing odd when it came up a month ago, or more now? It seemed so out of the realm. But so many things were odd about it. That it was reported that the Cox family denied calling in this inquiry regarding the possible link, but Police said they did. Also in the timeline of Steven, it said that it has varied between the 8th and 9th, but supposedly a family of a brief acquaintance of Steven, got a surprise visit from him, at their ranch... He was not expected and had no reason to visit, finding the family home but his acquaintance, (i believe timeline saying, he may have met once,) not even there? He told the family he had gone to Sacramento, but he didn't, ...at least he couldn't have, following the receipt and ping trail that took him east and back down to St George. If you look at this timeline it is scary. He travelled like nine hundred miles in 24 hours, because, on the 10th, according to the timeline, he travelled back down, to St George.

I don't know. I'm a total amateur and I apologize for it in advance, but i can see why there are those who are considering a possible link. You're all better than i am for speculating on what the link could be. It was reported that he helped two children who were locked out of their house the next day but no one that knew him saw him after this trip. A couple of people spoke to him, his mom, but he did not mention the trip. And then he was gone.

If you look at a map of Utah and Nevada, check out Salt Lake City, West Valley, Tooele, Skull Valley Road, West Wendover, and Ruby Valley. And Sacramento.... for that matter because if you go west long enough, on that Highway#80, guess where you end up? And he did mention it. Could be a random thought, or an alibi?

Again, could be and probably is totally unrelated but the dates and the location and the cement all coincide as if they are part of the same thing, or at least could be. I have been conjecturing on how he could be tied in, but i do not want to post something that would hurt anyone....theorizing a long shot. They are both still missing, but so are a lot of people. And it's very sad.

any thoughts, or am I way out here?

Did anyone ever verify that Josh Powell did go "thru" Tooele?

If either family is reading this, i mean no disrespect. I am on the East Coast and i am hoping there is resolve in this case for both families, as it must be horrendous and lonely to wait.

hello all,

i have been, what you call, lurking for a long time on this unusual case. Bear with my newness, and have patience with me. I was, as I assume everyone was, curious about the police tying in the missing Steven Koecher with Susan Powell with a remark that made the news regarding a trip thru "Tooele... that Josh made in his rental car?" I saw that brought up awhile back, but not sure if it surfaced again recently on this or a more recent thread.

I know most people believe the association far fetched, but with this new discovery of this cement pouring, i looked at the area. And something did strike me about the names of nearby towns along highway #80. I remember these names from this post:

http://sites.google.com/site/parallelcooler/hone/koecher-html

I hope the link works. It didn't have an http in front of it initially. If it doesn't, just search the words Steven Koecher and timeline and it will be the first link.

Steven Koecher took a very long trip which, as you can see if you read it, up to Salt Lake City, then going west to two towns to the west of where this pouring was found. Remember this was way upstate from where Steven Koecher lived. This trip, that has been documented by receipts and other recollections by people who knew him, happened on December 9th and 10th.

And after this trip he went back down south to "disappear" two or three days later.

Friends who spoke to him regularly, said that he didn't answer his phone or respond to messages on these days. I hope I am not missing something when I say that no one has an explanation of why he went to those locations.

Again, i thought the whole thing odd when it came up a month ago, or more now? It seemed so out of the realm. But so many things were odd about it. That it was reported that the Cox family denied calling in this inquiry regarding the possible link, but Police said they did. Also in the timeline of Steven, it said that it has varied between the 8th and 9th, but supposedly a family of a brief acquaintance of Steven, got a surprise visit from him, at their ranch... He was not expected and had no reason to visit, finding the family home but his acquaintance, (i believe timeline saying, he may have met once,) not even there? He told the family he had gone to Sacramento, but he didn't, ...at least he couldn't have, following the receipt and ping trail that took him east and back down to St George. If you look at this timeline it is scary. He travelled like nine hundred miles in 24 hours, because, on the 10th, according to the timeline, he travelled back down, to St George.

I don't know. I'm a total amateur and I apologize for it in advance, but i can see why there are those who are considering a possible link. You're all better than i am for speculating on what the link could be. It was reported that he helped two children who were locked out of their house the next day but no one that knew him saw him after this trip. A couple of people spoke to him, his mom, but he did not mention the trip. And then he was gone.

If you look at a map of Utah and Nevada, check out Salt Lake City, West Valley, Tooele, Skull Valley Road, West Wendover, and Ruby Valley. And Sacramento.... for that matter because if you go west long enough, on that Highway#80, guess where you end up? And he did mention it. Could be a random thought, or an alibi?

Again, could be and probably is totally unrelated but the dates and the location and the cement all coincide as if they are part of the same thing, or at least could be. I have been conjecturing on how he could be tied in, but i do not want to post something that would hurt anyone....theorizing a long shot. They are both still missing, but so are a lot of people. And it's very sad.

any thoughts, or am I way out here?

Did anyone ever verify that Josh Powell did go "thru" Tooele?

If either family is reading this, i mean no disrespect. I am on the East Coast and i am hoping there is resolve in this case for both families, as it must be horrendous and lonely to wait.

I have to agree it's very odd that two adults, a MALE and FEMALE, approximately the same age, disappeared around the same time. I find it a bit suspicious that Josh Powell rented the car around the time Steve disappeared.

The only thing I could conclude would be, and this is very far fetched, that Susan and Steve knew each other, that Josh met Steve in the rental car then disposed of him as well.

I haven't been following Steve's case closely enough to even know if the dates correspond with each other. Surely the police would know.

It's interesting how information about receipts has been released in his case but not in the Susan Powell case (as far as where Josh made purchases during the hours between 5:00 PM on Sunday, December 6, 2009 and 5:30 PM Monday, December 7, 2009.)

One would think the West Valley City Police Department would have held a press conference asking anyone who saw Josh Powell during the above mentioned dates and times to come forward with information.

Wouldn't it be astounding if we were to learn Josh Powell killed both Steve and Susan because he discovered they were having an online affair and had agreed to meet up?

How to insert an image from the Internet: Go to the web page where the photo is located, click on on it to make sure it is as large as possible, right click on the image, select "copy image link" from the resulting drop down menu, return to Websleuths, click on the "center" icon if you want the image centered, click on the "Insert image" icon (located beneath the left arrow), paste the url in, preview your post then click "Submit" if everything went well. (You can insert as many images as you desire by repeating the process.)

:sonar:
How to insert images from internet to WS - Thank YOU PickieChickie.:Banane45:

Any word on the cement mound examination by LE yet?

Am I the only person who see weeds growing THROUGH that lump of cement?

http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/4/4/0/4403677c-84e5-4002-914e-48f59c59ceb3/Original.jpg

I really respect all the hard word that Ms Osbourne has put into this case, searching when no one else would ... and I realize anything's possible.

But nothing's grown out there since Susan disappeared. The cement would have been poured on top of those weeds, wouldn't it?

Wouldn't it be astounding if we were to learn Josh Powell killed both Steve and Susan because he discovered they were having an online affair and had agreed to meet up?

Lots of us would love to see these cases wrapped up, with the families getting the answers they deserve. Unfortunately, as hard as many of us SK sleuthers have worked to MAKE such a connection, it just doesn't work. We're as anxious as anyone to find a solution. Both of these cases involved large, loving families. And lots of people who, in our own special internet way, have made a connection.

As I crankily explained below, the dates are "off". JP would have had to travel to St George or Las Vegas, to "disappear Steve", because Steve was alive and well until noon PST, Dec 13th. After JP returned his rental car, his movements were pretty well known; how would he have snuck in a trip to Southern Utah?

Steven's computer has been forensically examined by LE. Sadly, nothing containing any such clue, was found. We all sure wish it had have!

He didn't even have an internet connection in his apartment, and had resorted to using the library computer a few times. LE even checked his library account.

He only called a few people, and they're all "known".

Many of us know some private things about Steven, from loving friends. Trust me when I say that Susan Powell would not left her children for Steven, and Steven would not have allowed himself to be "led astray" by someone who would abandon her children.

Yours in peace, and solutions!

In looking for Susan, hopefully, more people will become aware of another missing person to look for, Stephen Koecher.

I'm just glad someone on here pointed out there is a missing man Steven Koecher that I had not heard about. He went missing December 13th, 2009. Prayers that Steven is found and prayers for his family. He looks like such a nice person.

LOL. I keep seeing things posted here that seem like they're written by somebody who's reading (or writing) steamy romance novels in their spare time. Usually I think of violence and anger more than hooking up when I'm thinking about criminal behaviors, but maybe that's just me.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79876"]Terms of Service[/ame]
Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version
We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:
1) Be a decent human being;
(2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
(4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

Attacking a fellow poster is against our Terms of Service, I put a link above to our Terms of Service, I suggest it be read. Knock of the attacks!!! I removed the posts against our TOS. Thank you.

It was with the mention of the cement, the names of the towns, and the rental car days and the driving thru Toole that got me going.

I'm sorry, the names of what towns? I've never seen the word "Tooele" ever associated with the Steven Koecher case.

I was talking about one 24 four hour period over two days. December 9th and 10th. That's it. Maybe I read the timeline wrong. Isn't that when you say he did the trip. Is this wrong? I was relating this one trip and the trip that Josh Powell took in the rental car on the same dates.

Those events can't have overlapped.

I admit I do not know exactly when JP rented the car. I really wish there were a detailed timeline on this case, but there isn't. Steven could not have started driving to Ruby Valley until late on Dec 9th or early on the 10th. Steven was performing sacred LDS temple rites in St George on the evening of Dec 9th - signed in, and seen by many people.

Those of us close to the case (including the family, which I'm not a part of...but do informally represent on WS) get our hair standing on end, when we have to explain why those "Susan and Steven" theories just don't work.

The sad thing about the "Susan and Steven" theories are that they harm both cases, by taking time away from looking at facts.

Neither Susan nor Steven deserve to be accused of being in an ilicit relationship.

You sound very upset, and as I said in my post, i did not want to offend anyone. I was only trying to help, I guess I'll go back to lurking. Why post?

I didn't mean to offend. I'm analytical, detail-oriented, and just hope that facts and details are important to everyone. I think WS's reputation lies in fact-based discussions.

I also believe we should all challenge each other's scenarios. They can't all be right. Aren't we here to help, and whittle things down to the BEST possible scenario, based on the facts.

Yours in peace and solutions!

I'm sorry, the names of what towns? I've never seen the word "Tooele" ever associated with the Steven Koecher case.

"Steven's mother, Deanne Koecher, said the reason they were interested is Susan Powell's case and investigating the possibility the two cases were connected was because of a road trip through Tooele that Josh Powell, Susan's husband, took at around the time Steven disappeared."
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...-link-consider-Josh-Powells-use-of-rental-car

I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I see that ridiculous refrigerator magnet. He claims to have "experience," yet the photo of him looks like something straight off the sophomore page of the high school yearbook! What on God's green earth made him think that $90,000 magnet would help him sell houses????

Probably some of that debt was also for yellow pages advertising. Probably took out a big ol' quarter page ad with his silly grinning toothy mug on it. I bet he signed a contract without Susan's knowledge. Those yellow page ads are really expensive and you have to pay every single month. And they don't fool around when it comes to collecting their money. They're cousins with the mob. I bet he signed the contract with his own blood and didn't tell Susan until it was too late. Poor, poor, Susan. If my husband had done something so foolish as that, it would be his body they'd be looking for out in the desert!!

IMO - it's really a stretch to me to try and connect Steven Koetcher's case with Susan Powell. Perhaps Steven's family felt this was a way to keep his name in the public eye by commenting on the possible likelihood? I can understand that, but really, it's highly unlikely given the facts in both cases.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I see that ridiculous refrigerator magnet. He claims to have "experience," yet the photo of him looks like something straight off the sophomore page of the high school yearbook! What on God's green earth made him think that $90,000 magnet would help him sell houses????

Probably some of that debt was also for yellow pages advertising. Probably took out a big ol' quarter page ad with his silly grinning toothy mug on it. I bet he signed a contract without Susan's knowledge. Those yellow page ads are really expensive and you have to pay every single month. And they don't fool around when it comes to collecting their money. They're cousins with the mob. I bet he signed the contract with his own blood and didn't tell Susan until it was too late. Poor, poor, Susan. If my husband had done something so foolish as that, it would be his body they'd be looking for out in the desert!!

Ahahaha! Lolololol!

Here are some juicy quotes from his http://joshpowellrealtor.com web site which is now only available at the Way Back Machine Internet Archive site. Brace yourself! Lol!

About Josh - and I ain't joshing! These are cut and pastes!​

"With over twelve years of diverse experience and education in the real estate industry, Josh Powell is an industry leader."

"One thing about it – Josh has enthusiasm and tenacity in spades. He is a rare breed who goes beyond to provide value."
My comment: Otherwise known as an odd duck!
floorlaugh.gif

"Integrity, honesty, decency – these are givens as far as Josh is concerned. And being a family man himself, Josh knows how important it is to have a healthy, comfortable environment for your family."

My comment: And he'll be happy to drive you around to the various properties while his wife rides her bicycle to work 14 miles round trip!

"Josh’s caring approach to real estate has earned him a reputation as the most widely known and trusted Salt Lake City Utah Realtor®."

My comment: What a bunch of bull! The guy only sold two or three houses, according to his brother-in-law, Kirk Graves, who is married to Josh's sister Jennifer.

SOURCE: http://web.archive.org/web/20061101184809/www.joshpowellrealtor.com/about/AboutJoshPowell.aspx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back