Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my. Sitting on hands.

Today, you’ll find a Hummer parked in his driveway. The meticulously polished, bright-red Maserati and the yellow-and-black Lamborghini (in deference to his beloved Pittsburgh Steelers) sit a few metres away in the triple garage of his multi-million-dollar house.

That house he imagined as a teen has materialized in the French chateau-style mansion he lives in today, complete with an indoor pool, a library filled with books on military history and elegant French furniture and mouldings.

“I’m not attached to my possessions,” he says, pausing. “I know it could all disappear tomorrow.”

He's building a war room for Millard's case:

“I didn’t like Bay Street. I’m not a butt kisser. I didn’t like the hierarchy.”
He quickly gained a name for himself in the criminal community for being a go-to guy on tough cases, meticulously dissecting evidence, posing tough questions, probing reasonable doubts.

He’s successfully defended a host of high-profile figures with long-shot legal odds, including a Jamaican bobsledder accused of smuggling cocaine, a Yemeni man arrested in Toronto amid the 9/11 terror attacks carrying passports and a Lufthansa flight uniform, and a murder suspect alleged to have stabbed his victim to death in a motel.

His nickname among colleagues is “Napoleon” for his use of battlefield tactics in the courtroom.
“I treat trials like wars. I’ve been emulating Napoleon since I was 16 because he came from nothing and became one of the great generals.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...deepak_paradkar_i_treat_trials_like_wars.html

Very informative article. Thanks for posting.

Notable points:

- - police are considering the possibility there is no third suspect

- - police are not sure whether Smich, who is said to have been in the back seat of the truck while Millard was driving, exited that vehicle after leaving Bosma’s home and got into the driver’s seat of the Yukon

- -

@Bessie This lawyer was not an accident. He's aggressive and were I in DM's shoes, he's exactly what I would want. He intends to try this in the media just like OJ.

So be it. We all know where OJ has ended up.

This is an emotional case that has and will continue to touch the heart of all good Canadians. He won't be able to put the victim on trial. His only choice is to hang it all on MS.

Fortunately, the Crown knows this. It's pretty obvious, imo.

Yeah, I can't see a scenario where the victim goes on trial...more a case of "If it doesn't fit you must acquit" He's going to attack the evidence. I come from a legal background, it's exactly how I'd play the hand given (Limited) what I know.

Yeah, I can't see a scenario where the victim goes on trial...more a case of "If it doesn't fit you must acquit" He's going to attack the evidence. I come from a legal background, it's exactly how I'd play the hand given (Limited) what I know.

Meh...I see it as "you took Tim from his wife, now you get Life." It will be hard to get a jury to forget whom he left with and never returned. It's hard to "unring" a bell.

However, I have seen several jury trials go against the evidence.

I just hope Justice is done regardless.

There is also the Magic Jack that can be used for making phone calls from ANY computer... no actual ID required as the device is bought and paid for much like a bag of milk.

I have a magic jack, and I have to pay my yearly fee with my credit card.
You cannot pay the user fee at the store where you buy your magic jack.

I suppose you could use a fake name, but how would you pay the annual fee?

Meh...I see it as "you took Tim from his wife, now you get Life." It will be hard to get a jury to forget whom he left with and never returned. It's hard to "unring" a bell.

We held our breath during the Rafferty case, sitting here with knowledge that the jury was not privy to, and yet those 12 sensible members of the jury still returned the big "G" on the SOB and there was justice, such as it is, for sweet Tori Stafford.

His lawyer DD tried to present alternatives, basically none of which were very believable, and in the end it all came down to the word "reasonable".

JMO

We held our breath during the Rafferty case, sitting here with knowledge that the jury was not privy to, and yet those 12 sensible members of the jury still returned the big "G" on the SOB and there was justice, such as it is, for sweet Tori Stafford.

His lawyer DD tried to present alternatives, basically none of which were very believable, and in the end it all came down to the word "reasonable".

JMO

I expect similar if DM's counsel remains the same. I too know a little bit about Napoleon's tactics.

I hope the Crown brings in a what we call in the States a "good Death Penalty" Prosecutor, one that knows the ropes. no pun intended.

I expect similar if DM's counsel remains the same. I too know a little bit about Napoleon's tactics.

I hope the Crown brings in a what we call in the States a "good Death Penalty" Prosecutor, one that knows the ropes. no pun intended.

You may already know, but we don't have the DP in Canada; it was abolished in 1976.

As much as I personally am opposed to the DP, there are a few cases, and this is certainly one of them, that make me waffle.

JMO

The more defendants ,,, the better it is for D M , lawyers will love that they point fingers at the others ,,

I also think that if they arestill tryin to determine the cause of death , that cops and M E got their backs against the wall ,, in my opinion they have to know how tim died when they go to court ,,, or charges are gonna get reduced big time ...if they cant get these guys to turn on each other and rat out , this case is a mess ..

We wont find out anything on the 13 th because of the ban ,, but the lawyers will have a better understanding of the evidence that the crown has ,, Im sure since theyve charged D M with murder that they have the evidence to back this up . for their sake i hope they do , because aside from what we know , ( DM test drive , body on property , truck at moms..) Murder that does not make .. i truly feel they need cause of death , who killedhim , otherwise by the time court comes , by the time you point all the fingers , these charges will get reduced .. jmo

You may already know, but we don't have the DP in Canada; it was abolished in 1976.

As much as I personally am opposed to the DP, there are a few cases, and this is certainly one of them, that make me waffle.

JMO

Why? (I hope that's a fair question. It's not meant as a challenge in any way, shape or form. I'm just interested in understanding what there is about this case that make you doubt your position on the DP.)

JMO

Yes I did know. I am also against the DP in Canada the more I live here and understand things.....

But I'm with you on it for some cases lately. I have been appalled at the legal system, yet I was not on the jury so.........

We still do not know what happened between Bosmas home and the farm...hence no evidence has been presented as yet. It's not a bell that needs unringing in actuality its more a case of eliminating the trail of crumbs that lead to the farm door by way of finding the actual loaf of bread. JMO

The trai lof the truck and 3rd suspect ,biggest mystery s to us , fill in those blanks , and i think you ll piece together easily ,, because of the ban , we might notknow till court which leaves all of us to speculate here which so totally sucks ,,

Why? (I hope that's a fair question. It's not meant as a challenge in any way, shape or form. I'm just interested in understanding what there is about this case that make you doubt your position on the DP.)

It's the victims ... beautiful people, children, elderly, families left devastated, folks simply going about living their good and decent lives, trusting, unsuspecting, vulnerable, etc.

Don't get me wrong ... I would still never support the DP because I don't believe anyone has the right to take the life of another human being. I personally have experienced both a murder and a wrongful death of close family members. In both cases, those responsible ended up dying natural death, but I could never have truly wished them dead to have their innocent families and loved ones ever suffer the pain of also losing those they love.

It's a momentary waffling ... but then my heart takes over again.

Enough about me and my thoughts .. that's for another thread somewhere ;)

We still do not know what happened between Bosmas home and the farm...hence no evidence has been presented as yet. It's not a bell that needs unringing in actuality its more a case of eliminating the trail of crumbs that lead to the farm door by way of finding the actual loaf of bread. JMO

True we haven't had the official trial yet.

I believe it will be hard for a jury, with husbands, wives, and brothers to get past the "you took him but you didn't bring him back." Takes a hanger full of "reasonable doubt" for most to get past that.

SillyBilly, agree with you, it seems so senseless killing someone over a truck, a completely innocent person.

The more defendants ,,, the better it is for D M , lawyers will love that they point fingers at the others ,,

I also think that if they arestill tryin to determine the cause of death , that cops and M E got their backs against the wall ,, in my opinion they have to know how tim died when they go to court ,,, or charges are gonna get reduced big time ...if they cant get these guys to turn on each other and rat out , this case is a mess ..

We wont find out anything on the 13 th because of the ban ,, but the lawyers will have a better understanding of the evidence that the crown has ,, Im sure since theyve charged D M with murder that they have the evidence to back this up . for their sake i hope they do , because aside from what we know , ( DM test drive , body on property , truck at moms..) Murder that does not make .. i truly feel they need cause of death , who killedhim , otherwise by the time court comes , by the time you point all the fingers , these charges will get reduced .. jmo

The test drive, chopped up cars in the hanger, burner phone, body on property, burning of body, DM's DNA in ram, and worst of all the ram hidden at his moms will be enough for a murder conviction.

The test drive, chopped up cars in the hanger, burner phone, body on property, burning of body, DM's DNA in ram, and worst of all the ram hidden at his moms will be enough for a murder conviction.

And that is only the stuff we know about! I expect there will be more evidence, dna, fingerprints, emails, telephone messages/texts, videos, etc. etc. etc.

True we haven't had the official trial yet.

I believe it will be hard for a jury, with husbands, wives, and brothers to get past the "you took him but you didn't bring him back." Takes a hanger full of "reasonable doubt" for most to get past that.

A hangar with some bike parts and car parts from vehicles much less than ten do not a murderer maketh IMO. We do not even know that DM TOOK him anywhere. Anything could have happened between TB home and Ayr Farm. Someone with TB from his home could be responsible OR someone they met along the way. Someone may have left the scene and another continued the journey. Two people could have left the test drive and another stayed with TB and then the trouble started...who really knows at this point. If your dog is found dead in a yard of a house on a street two miles away, does it mean that the owner of that property killed your dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz