Sweden - Dr. Karolin Hakim, 31, fatally shot on street holding baby, Malmö, 26 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

asgaror

Reaction score
August 26th, 2019:

The woman was taken to hospital after the shooting on Sergels väg in Malmö shortly before 10am.

At 1.18pm police said she had died from her injuries.

Another two people who were also taken to hospital, reportedly including a young child, were not injured.

"This is one of the most serious crimes there is so we are deploying all of our resources to investigate it, and also sending officers to speak to people near the scene of the attack who might be disturbed by what has happened," Calle Persson from the Malmö police told The Local earlier in the day.

The area has been cordoned off, we are waiting for criminal technical investigators, and we will send several sniffer dogs who are trained to find discarded weapons, bullets, and empty cartridges."

According to witnesses interviewed by the Kvällsposten newspaper, several masked attackers had fired off between eight and ten shots before escaping through the gardens of a nearby apartment building. "It sounded like two different weapons," the witness said.

Kvinna som mördades jobbade som läkare – höll barn i famnen när hon sköts ihjäl

According to reports, the main theory of the police is that the deed was directed at the father of her child

A man was arrested at 21.10 tonight.

Police chief Stefan Sintéus comments on Monday night's murder on Twitter.

"We are working hard to in the investigation and one person is under arrest", (my translate)

Polismästare Stefan Sintéus kommenterar under måndagskvällen mordet på Twitter.

(”Vi jobbar hårt för att komma fram i utredningen och en person är redan gripen”,)

ETA: typo from original article

Last edited:
FREDRIK SJÖSHULT: Kvinnans öde får inte bli plakatpolitik

This woman had just become a doctor, after many years of study. She can be seen on IG in recent years celebrating the birth of her first child with her husband. The next photo we have of her is in the street, dead by gunshot, with her small child beside her. The husband (?) (or boyfriend?) has a long criminal background, in jail for 8 years for a violent robbery, a suspect in a Malmö shooting, but was currently walking around free and dating a doctor, regardless of having a few fines for public intoxication, drugs, and drunkenness.

The woman was also recently interrogated in a murder trial, but did not serve as a witness, so she didn't have a peripheral role in the trial.

I'll report my post to ask a mod to add the victim's name to the thread title

Dr. Karolin Hakim, age 31

As confirmed in this article, using the auto-translate tool - (the article also includes photos of the suspect)

Karolin Hakim , a 31-year-old doctor, died in the Ribersborg district of Malmö on 26 August.

photo https://im.mtv.fi/image/7602340/landscape16_9/792/446/5c278ca33dfd99b602cc5db5ef2c09fc/Mm/karolin-hakim2.jpg

Vauvaa sylissään kantanut Karolin, 31, ammuttiin keskellä päivää Malmössä – Ruotsin poliisi etsii nyt murhasta epäiltyä kuvien kera

I went to that English language article that scandinavian girl posted above. And didn't bring up any more articles on there, so I googled and got
Murder of Karolin Hakim - Wikipedia

which hasn't been updated since 10/24/19.

here's a bit from that:

A 19-year-old male suspect was arrested 29 August, being the owner of the vehicle the murderer used to escape the crime scene. He was later released but was still under investigation in the case.[3][5] In September, a 23-year-old male was taken into custody on suspicion on murder, attempted murder and carrying an illegal firearm.[2][3][6][7]

By late September, police still had over a 100 witnesses to receive full statements from due to a lack of investigators to record statements.[6]

What does the murder in the link you have posted above have to do with the death of Karolin Hakim? Is this really the right forum for a discussion about the political decisions different countries have made about their criminal systems?

Of course the Keillers Park murder has nothing to do with the murder of Karolin Hakim. It's just an example of how the Swedish criminal justice system works. :)
You mention a crime that happened 22 years ago, and where the sentencing given was according to the law then. There has been changes done in the Swedish legal system since then, and today there are more people who are sentenced to life in prison for murder. Here's an article about women who have got life sentences: Här är kvinnorna som sitter inne – på livstid

I went to that English language article that scandinavian girl posted above. And didn't bring up any more articles on there, so I googled and got
Murder of Karolin Hakim - Wikipedia

which hasn't been updated since 10/24/19.

here's a bit from that:

A 19-year-old male suspect was arrested 29 August, being the owner of the vehicle the murderer used to escape the crime scene. He was later released but was still under investigation in the case.[3][5] In September, a 23-year-old male was taken into custody on suspicion on murder, attempted murder and carrying an illegal firearm.[2][3][6][7]

By late September, police still had over a 100 witnesses to receive full statements from due to a lack of investigators to record statements.[6]
Here's an interview in Swedish from December 22 with the prosecutor in the case of the murder of KH. According to him they know the motive for her killing, but won't tell the public about it. They have got some names on possible suspects, but nothing that had led to any arrests.

You mention a crime that happened 22 years ago, and where the sentencing given was according to the law then. There has been changes done in the Swedish legal system since then, and today there are more people who are sentenced to life in prison for murder. Here's an article about women who have got life sentences: Här är kvinnorna som sitter inne – på livstid
Life imprisonment existed way before 1997.
Stig Wennerstrom was sentenced to life in prison for high treason in the 60's

Stig Wennerström (colonel) - Wikipedia

Anyways you're right. There are some lifers in Sweden.
There were 142 in 2015.
Despite that life in prison in Sweden is not really "for life"
The most severe punishment is "from 10 years to life" which means there's always the possibility of parole.
Life imprisonment is more effective when the culprit has no chance of parole

Life imprisonment in Sweden - Wikipedia

Bumping this case up - wondering what is going on.... :)

A 23-year-old man from Malmö was arrested in Dubai in the beginning of June, suspected to be the leader of a gang involved in a number of murders, drug smuggling, and other crimes in Malmö, as well as in the south of Spain (Malaga).
There has been a spiral of shootings in Malmö, and several deaths, since a kidnapping, and a suspected retaliation shooting where three men was killed, in June 2018, and the police suspect that the killing of Karolin in Malmö, as well as the killing of Flamur Beqiri in London, have connections with that kidnapping/shootings, as well as several murders on Costa del Sol in Spain.
”Los suecos” – svenskarna sprider skräck på solkusten
Efterlyst gängledare kunde gripas i Dubai
Mordet på Karolin Hakim kopplas till trippelmordet
”Sista försöket” att lösa mordet på Karolin Hakim

The local newspaper in Malmö have several articles about the murder of Karolin Hakim, but they are behind a pay-wall, so I haven't read them.
Mordet på Karolin Hakim

There are two men arrested in connection with the murder of Karolin, one is a 23-year-old man who has helped with getting a getaway car, he has been arrested since June.
The other was arrested on December 10 for having order a killing on the 25-year-old man who had once been arrested for the killing of Karolin. Whomever who kills that man would get a "substantial sum of money". The man now arrested had also ordered a killing on a man connected with the gang Los Suecos, active in Spain, a killing the police was able to prevent.
Misstänkt: Beställde mord för att hämnas mordet på Karolin
(I wonder if the man now arrested could be the husband/partner of Karolin?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back